You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

grey's school is grey's school of wizardry and everyone is sectioned into houses or lodges based around your bithday elemental sign and you begin at year 1 level. each level has required classes you must fulfill prior to being able to sign up for extracurricular classes. there is a community forum for all students and teachers, there are contests and even house contests for a "house cup tourney". it is all online and there is a grand feeling of comradery among students and the teachers/professors.

i heartily recommend this for anyone absolutely interested in learning to build a solid foundation in magick and wizardry. :) hope this helps and ciaryn - way to go lady, you are going to enjoy yourself immensely! :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Archlight
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

I am enrolled in The Grey School of Wizardry.

Just know that it is designed as a 7 year course. Their courses are actually pretty good and you have to turn in online essays based on readings and course material to be graded by the course instructors. They are open to all ages, but the original curriculum was designed for Jr. High to High School level students.

Shields can be as varied as there are people. I believe that part of the protection is creating a shield that is unique to you that only you know. Like on mine, I have layers that are almost like mazes. So only outside energies that I specify and open channels to can make it through. Attackers would have to spend time trying to penetrate the many layers. I literally spend hours programming my shield designs and empower a small token with them. More or less a "thoughtform". I have code words and specific actions for it to perform. So I can instantly lower my shields, perform a full ground and cleanse, draw specific energies to supplement myself, and raise my shields almost instantly on code word command. I did this mostly due to some of the complexity of my shields and so that I can be a little lazy and not have to remember everything I do every time I want to raise and lower my shields. I am not sure if that is the best way to do it, but that is what I came up with.

A lot of what Winged Wolf outlines in her book reflects much of my own path of discovery in magic and psionics from my experiences over the past 20 or so years. So I recommend that as a good resource as well.

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process

BUMPING THESE!!!

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

::bump::

Galadriel
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
Zodiac:

Protection 101 - first off: shut down the fluffy bunnies, twinkling stars or whatever else you're putting your faith in. When you start spirit keeping, they ALL show up - or at least that's been my experience but I'm a medium, psychic and extreme vampire witch sorceress so that may be the reason for my personal experience. Kinda laughing but not really.

However, to the point of protection...the biggest part of staying safe is CUTTING OUT CONTACT WITH THE PHYSICAL PEOPLE YOU KNOW. Doming, warding, shielding and so on are only as good as who you DON'T let through your door. Once you start messing around with the spirit world, they (spirits familiar or otherwise) may wish to stop by for a visit with you. The easiest way for them to manifest is right out of the mouth of your closest friend, boyfriend, sibling and so on. If that person (physical) has any tendencies to be an a-hole, a similarly-minded spirit will take the chance to capitalize on influencing them to, at a minimum, bug you and at a maximum, try to actually kill you. Black magick here I come.

Generally, you don't have to look any farther than the nearest real person to find the spirit bugging you. Hope I made my point. Now, as to the rituals one can do to learn to protect oneself, I suggest:

-Pentagrams, pentagrams, and more pentagrams. See the Ritual of the Pentagram for more details.
-Close the door, window, shades, curtains and so on. Don't peek out (just kidding, do so, if you must).
-Do not make eye contact or speak to people in any way that may be construed as inviting. In other words, don't troll for attention, don't look for the spirit to come see you, don't do anything stupid because, believe me, they know WAY more than you. They're on the other side and it's a freak show out there, trust me. They're used to the oddities and you are probably not.
-

Sorceress Witch, psychic, medium and Armageddon
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

interesting thread :thumbup:
bookmarked it, in case I will ever need it.

Guess I'm lucky - No bad experiences so far; obviously my spirits (and spelled items) do all the work with shielding /protection. I just sit on my butt and feel perfectly guarded ..lol.
;)

Greetings,Tasha
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

Cell28 wrote:interesting thread :thumbup:

Guess I'm lucky - No bad experiences so far; obviously my spirits (and spelled items) do all the work with shielding /protection. I just sit on my butt and feel perfectly guarded ..lol.
;)
That is certainly one school of thought. However I was taught that waiting until the <<Removed by Mod>> hits the fan to start learning how to protect yourself will be too late if those external protections fail or are circumvented. I've learned quite a bit about passive Keeping since finding CH... but I just can't get behind it.

I'm no girl scout, but I'm prepared. ;)

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member

Maythen21 wrote:
Cell28 wrote:interesting thread :thumbup:

;)
That is certainly one school of thought. However I was taught that waiting until the <<Removed by Mod>> hits the fan to start learning how to protect yourself will be too late if those external protections fail or are circumvented. I've learned quite a bit about passive Keeping since finding CH... but I just can't get behind it.

I'm no girl scout, but I'm prepared. ;)
Nothing wrong with being prepared. :D I've found that, when I remember to shore up my shields, things seem to be a lot nicer and a little clearer for me. My spirits do a lot to help and I'm extremely grateful, but I also believe in being prepared for anything that might happen.

Comes from being a horse show person and having my stirrup leather break RIGHT before going into a class and having to scramble to borrow or buy one before showtime. Nooooot fun. :?

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Return to “Protection”