Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

How does one go about cleansing and maintaining our own aura/energy/astral bodies? This is one I have not been able to find out how to do yet.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

::included:: I would like to know to

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process

Seconded. ::included::

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

I simply visualize generating light from an area just behind my heart chakra that pushes out and negative energy I pick up throughout the day in my aura and other bodies. Basically flush it with light. I also, when I shower, do so to wash away any negative energies as well. I make sure I drink lots of water to flush my physical body as well.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

WATER..........seems I have been advised to drink more water by various people over the past year or two. And I have made sure to drink lots of water since (except lately)....*makes not to correct situation*.

Thanks Phoenix. That seems simple enough. I'm sure there are other methods but WATER seems to be key. Water and light.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

Cleansing Shower Spell - Adapted by Maythen, source material unknown (sorry, I can't remember where I first read this, if anyone knows please speak up so I can give proper credit) It's fairly Wiccan in construction so if Goddess doesn't work for you feel free to modify it to God, Buddah, Jesus, Divinity, Light, or whatever works for you.

This spell was written for those unable to perform a long, ceremonious cleansing spell for whatever reason.
You will need: Nothing, aside from your naked body and a shower. I also employ a homemade salt scrub with cleansing oils (I particularly like rosemary) once a week. I have a friend who makes her own after shower lotion for the same purpose.

Instructions: Turn the shower on, filling the bathroom with steam. Before stepping in, stand before the bathroom mirror. Wet the fingertips of your primary hand (the one you use the most) and anoint yourself. You may also want to light a white candle. Speak aloud with certainty and conviction

Touch your forehead:
Goddess, bless my thoughts today. Cleanse the negative energies trapped in my mind in my weakness and petty humanity.

Touch your lips:
Bless my words. Cleanse my tongue of its sharp edges, reminding me to think before I speak ill of those in the circle of my life.

Touch your heart:
Bless my heart. Cleanse the weight of relationships lost and wounds best left for time to heal that I may serve as an example of how life should be led.

Step into the shower, letting the water course over your countenance. Feel yourself relax, the tension fading. Step further into the stream of water, relaxing the rest of your body. Clear your mind of all thoughts. Just inhale the steamy moisture. Not only will this continue to relax you, but it will also moisten the tissues in your nose and throat, helping to prevent congestion and cough.

Now wash your hair, massaging your head with your fingertips. Keep your mind clear. Relax. Rinse well and envision that you are washing away negativity and unwanted energy. Let the water and soap carry it away.

Next, wash your face. As you do so, think about the people you are going to encounter today. Picture each of them, even the annoying ones (aren't we too guilty of being that one on occasion?), and smile. Seriously, practice smiling. It boosts the morale of those that need it and throws off those that seek to do wrong by you.

Then, wash the rest of your body. Concentrate on cleansing each inch of skin, each appendage, wiping away whatever damage - physical, emotional, and spiritual - that was done to you since your last cleansing rite. Watch as each of these problems swirl away from you in the soap bubbles emptying into the drain.

Now, before you get out, say three (3) positive things you want to accomplish today. My last rite consisted of the following three: (1) I will maintain my composure when people block the aisle in the grocery store (2) I will refrain from engaging with negative drivers (3) I will make a special effort to snuggle my husband, even if his hands are cold as ice. Instead I will focus on how warm his tummy is.

Step out of the shower and dry yourself off. Touch each of the three anointed places with dry fingers, repeating your requests for Her assistance during the day.

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I found these links online detailing the many ways to cleanse or maintain our auras :

http://www.ehow.com/how_5093477_easily- ... -aura.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2289656_balance ... -aura.html

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

According to an article I read, on "EHow" by Jessica Schira

Things You'll Need:

Quiet
Water
Time
A turkey feather
Sage incense

Instructions:

1.Fill the area where you are cleaning you're aura with white light. Not only will the white light prevent any negative energies from entering your aura during the cleaning process, the light will also prevent the negative energy you are trying to banish from rebounding.

2.Give yourself plenty of time. Trying to hurry through the cleaning process will simply invite more negative energies to contaminate your aura. Take your time and allow yourself to relax.

3.During the cleaning process you should close your eyes and take several deep breaths, allow yourself to slip into a medative state.

4.Clean your physical self. As you wash yourself, you will also be cleaning your aura. The best way to do this is to stand under a waterfall or to take a long walk in the rain. If neither option is available, taking a shower will suffice. While standing under the water, comb your fingers through the air surrounding yourself and imagine your fingers separating the good energy from the bad.

5.After showering, use a turkey feather as a whisk and sweep it through the air that immediately surrounds your body. This flicks away the negative energy.

6.Light a stick of sage and use it to smudge the area. This will ward off negative energies.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

For those who find themselves particularly drawn to crystals and minerals, or those interested in working with healing energies I highly reccomend the book Healing with Crystals & Chakra Energies by Sue and Simon Lilly.

I picked up my own copy at Barnes and Noble on sale for five dollars. I'm fortunate to have a friend who inherited a large crystal and mineral collection but most people can meet their basic needs with a few well planned trips to a gem and mineral show, or careful shopping on EBay. Even a few fractured scraps can open a world of healing and energy experiences. Don't forget to cleanse your new acquisitions before beginning. 24 hours in sea salt exposed to the sun and the night sky are usually sufficient. Be aware that a few are sensitive to sunlight (like flourite) and will fade with exposure.

I forgot to add this to my original post.

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member

Ker-BUMP!

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.