You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

Hello everyone.

I just want to know if any of you actually have a rule to take avenge against those who did you wrong.

I know many of you set a rule NOT to take action towards who mistreated you, I was one of you guys too until last night.

It's nothing like I was mistreated, but I suddenly just had a strong feeling that I shouldn't limit my spirits like that. I have no idea why.

Is there anyone who felt like me out there too? If so, what's your house rule?

If you have never limited actions of your spirits about taking avenge, did you set some other rules for them?

I need your opinions please :)

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

datura720
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sang Vamps.
If I could be anything, I would be...: For right now, vamps
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: datura
Zodiac:

The most important rule that I set for my spirits and servitor is no matter how much friends and family upset me, do not under any circumstances, do anything on my behalf. This area is something that I will handle on my own.
As for strangers or anyone else, at first I did not have any specific rules, but that has since changed (If you want to know the details of why, check out this thread from last week http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 75&t=18485 ) due to an event that is still having effects on me! The things that happened afterwards to this person, whether due to my spirits seeking vengeance on my behalf or if it was all just karma, really opened my eyes to setting specific rules.

Datura

I break s*** the hard way
xXxClairexXx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 52
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
If I could be anything, I would be...: A house cat
My magical/paranormal name...: Claire
Zodiac:

Thanks for sharing your story with me.

I read you other post, OMG that guy should deserve what happened to him!!
I am an Asian too, and lived in New Zealand for 8 years, so I know what it is like.... Some ppl just don't understand how wrong it is to joke around about racism.. I know many nice white ppl too though :)

I envy you.... I am full Asian, but I am half Korean, half Japanese. But still, full asian XD
I used to complain my mother why she married my father LOL!!

Back to about my spirits, I thought that Karma will take over everything, but sometimes I can't help to think that some ppl actually have some kind of "Karma protection" that they can do anything they want...

I still don't know why I suddenly felt like this. I used to be a good girl who prays to god when something is wrong to ask him to give me guidance...

Last night, I almost shouted at my spirits "OK, you guys get to do anything you want to protect me!! No more rules not to harm anyone!!" After that, I could feel my spirits more clear.

I don't know if that is a good change or not. But I don't think I would ever change back my rule again.

Live as you die tomorrow.
Dream as you live forever.

Collecting since June 2007

Chai
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Super speed

Claire I am like you. Most of my spirits are white light but they also have the same rules with the dark entity I have. But when there was a time I was like - Okay if you don't want to help fine. You can stay there until you are willing to help. I was like you can tweak some rules but you know I don't like to have a boomerang effect to me. I don't know if it helped because I purchase spirits this year like mad. So after 30 days of bonding alone. I bond with that spirit and bring along everybody else. After another 30 days I move to my new spirit. But I can say that my SRA gargoyle have been very effective. And I say to the rest when I ask my gargoyle for specific task, hey all the rest of you no jealousy another rule. I am only asking the spirit who can help me with this situation. When you are ready to help let me know and I will also give you task for this and that. But I always include all of them on my daily activities. Mostof the time I tell them, see this is how it should be done...I can imagine their rolling eyeballs. And I imagine I give them this :grouphug:

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

I have a "no retaliation" rule unless specifically asked (and even then, I have to be clear headed and not an emotional wreck) because I'm dealing with some rough crap in my personal life and I don't need any (more) bad karma piling up on top of me. That and I have a horrible guilt complex and would feel crappy should anything bad happen to someone on my behalf because all I could think is that it would have been my fault and about the people that cared for the person who got hurt, regardless of how they treated me.

However, I have informed them that nightmares is a good revenge method if anyone mistreats me to the point they feel like they should retaliate or if they sense that I'm going to ask them to.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Because of the insanity & craziness in America these days (the USA is now responsible for more civilian deaths than the Nazis) I have the fiercest of protectors and they are all bound to me (Santa Muerta, Pazuzu, Sekhmet. a prehistoric shark, and 2 7 foot white cobras, - to name just a few. Also I have a list of people with which they are NEVER to mess with...no matter what, and it is a large "written down" list, but as for the rest of the world...there mission is to protect me - no matter what. And to tell me about it first - unless there is a "Time-frame emergency"....But frankly nothing this extreme has come up for me in quite a while. Also, I have talked to them about the difference between being p*ssed-off and being endangered. "P*ssed-off, doesn't count, it is a "no-fly zone". And Also on that list, if someone I know or have heard about is in need of protection, I will send spirit protection.

So yes, I believe that setting boundaries is very important, but also, it is not that hard to do.

C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Oh, wow, Cairyos, I would love to see that shark of yours! *is a TOTAL shark nut* I'll bet he's just so majestic and scary as CRAP to anyone who runs up against him. :drool: :inlove:

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

An irritated gargoyle or psy vampire given free rein, might only give some jerk the heebie jeebies at night, the misfortune of losing their keys when they're in a hurry, or distract them so that they stub their toe and swear in sensitive company. (any of which, done at the right time, could ruin someones week, month, or even year.)

But once after thirty long seconds of an absolute idiot tailgating me, (which in the circumstances genuinely frightened me) my Cerberus flashed me an image of their truck with a completely crushed cab. That idiot might have been a complete waste of space and air, but if I had 'unleashed' my Cerberus, there is a good chance that I would now have permaneant consequences on my hands.

Giving a WA spirit or even a gentle-hearted GA spirit free rein is one thing, but keepers need to be fully aware of what they may be unleashing.
CAIYROS wrote:Also, I have talked to them about the difference between being p*ssed-off and being endangered. "P*ssed-off, doesn't count, it is a "no-fly zone".

C-
I'm glad you mentioned this. I've been looking for a way to simplify and refine my rules, and this sounds like a good one.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

like i've stated before the most that i will do is have my DA's give a person nightmares for 3 days (i don't know why 3 but it's what i like). for me though i just feel it's a waste of energy to "get back" at someone. so why waste my energy and my spirits energy and/or time.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

I have a mix of White/Dark/Grey... and my rule with them is basically that the darker ones especially who are so inclined are allowed to be pretty savage to my enemies but only for the sake of true justice... in other words they should really have it coming and it shouldn't be based on something momentarily petty on my part. Otherwise though yes they are allowed to go for it.

Makes me think of the family motto of the Adam's Family:
We gladly feast on those who would subdue us". Not just pretty words
:lildevil:

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...

Return to “Dark Arts”