Has anyone tryed Salvia?

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
mystic_fae
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: my birth name is already magical
Zodiac:

I did it about 3 times. The first 2 times were on the same day.

The first hit I took wasn't that big, so all I did was have a hallucination that I was one of Krishna's gopis playing with other gopis behind his crown (we were mini-me's) and giggle a lot. I also thought I was at a carnival.

The second hit was really big and I barely remember any of it, other than feeling like I had no identity and was just a part of some strange abyss. I was told I screamed "where am I? who am I with? WHO AM I?" LOL

The biggest thing I learned from it is that all is one, there is no separation and I really have no individual identity in a certain way since there is only unity.

The 3rd time I knew better and took very light hits while drunk, and listened to a Tool song.

I have no desire to do it again. I like my life!

Many names, One Spirit.
Many paths, One Truth.
Many thoughts, One Mind.
JaycubL
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

This thread is old and mostly negative, so I think it would be nice for whoever sees it next if I write my account. I have smoked salvia divinorum 2 times. I will probably do it again some time in the next few days. And I fear it. I have chickened out on two more trips so far, but I need to see it again, not in a addicted way, in a "Holy cow there is an alien flying saucer in my back yard with the door open I CAN NOT possibly ignore this!" type of a way. Possibly tonight I will look in there again. BTW I am 27 and it's legal.
\/ ^^ \:* *0* \/ 8> \/ ^^ *0* \/
The first time was about two weeks ago on summer solstice. I had studied it and was aware that a few people get up and do something in an extremely dazed state, sometimes with chaotic and dangerous effects. So I loaded a small dose of salvia 10x (0.05 grams) into a glass pipe, with a small piece of weed in the bottom of the bowl to plug the hole so the salvia little flakes can't fall through. (Both plants are legal here, WA state USA.)

I went into my motor home (not my primary dwelling) and wedged myself in a small shower tub in the bathroom. I used a regular little Bic lighter to hold a flame on the herb while I breathed in gently a medium-sized breath of the smoke, followed by plain air to fill a deep breath. I held for ~15 seconds and blew it out gently. There was immediate weed-type-visuals like neon wire frame tron tunnels and neon wire frame crystals, some hot women, etc.. There was much left unburnt (my first time ever using a pipe by the way, but I vape weed normally). So I took a second puff, this time a small puff with lots of air. There was IMMEDIATE powerful pull into "psychedelic-land," I barely had time to drop the pipe upside down on the carpet before I was taken on a trip inside. It came on like being shot out of a magnum alien laser time cannon, like, super blast off 10000x speed. Most forcefully powerful psychedelic experience I have had for sure (though due to duration, I have gone deeper in psychedelic journeys and learned more so far with weed).

What the trip was like was, literally, the normal "3D" volumetric world we are accustomed to got peeled off like a sticker from my field of vision revealing a space that our space seems to be a small spot within. Really what it was like was removing a cataract or so I imagine. Just something was peeled off and rolled away, and I could see clearly beyond a barrier that had grown there. But when our 3d world was rolled away, it did not totally disappear, but became a ~5 ft tall 4 inch diameter crinkled yellow post to my right and a bit front, I could rest my right hand on it! The space I was in felt very different and in a way kind slightly alien but also VERY deja vu and familiar, like going home. In a way, like waking up from a dream and for that micro instant being like "Oh yea, this is what the real world is, this is where I really was the whole time sleeping!" That's what arriving in the salvia space felt like.
Once there, all I experienced was a 1 second slice out of a time as a teenager eating pizza sitting on a wood fence wit friends in a rural area with tall green grass and lightly treed with thin light colored deciduous trees possibly alder or birch. (not something I experienced in my earth body). The road was gravel and we with the wood 2-log fence (not sure what that style is called...) were on the outside/convex part of the curve of the road. There seems to be dark green low mountains in the distance, their color made more dark and blueish by the light dust/mistiness and humidity of the air. Almost all of that info was not directly experienced there by me in the trip but was a memory I just "already had" upon my arrival into myself there if that makes any sense.
The "page kept refreshing" sort of, at a rate maybe like 3-5 Hz or so. Imagine mud is spraying on your car window and your wipers are on rapid. Each quick time it wipes you see, then mud tries to cover it, and it wipes again. It also felt like my face was pages of a book turning rapidly, or that was right in front of my face. The wipers were on super rapid with salvia so it was continuously clear for the trip to occur. But I didn't get 100% in and stable. I kept saying "just a minute" (out loud or not IDK) and peering into the yellow post back to our world to check. I peered into here by looking at the side of the post and moving my face toward it and unrolling it around my field of vision like a springy metal sheet. I seemed to be doing this part telekineticaly I guess. I would see the inside of the bathroom and be like "huh? wait, oh yeah..." and be ripped immediately back into the trip with great speed and force, irresistible force. The salvia space had the feeling of being thickly inhabited with good feeling friends, like the emotion I can only describe as feeling safe and happy around loving friends. I do not know if I have truly ever had that feeling fully here on Earth, but I can imagine, feel, and identify with it. The trip lasted I think 5-10 minutes, I did not record the time before and after unfortunately, but not tremendously long.
Returning to Earth I continued to feel and sort of think I was in the presence of a friend, like someone was there with me. But I realized not as I cooled down a bit more over (?10-90?) seconds after "returning," and quickly had a good grip on what was going on from an Earth perspective, even though I was still "high." I laid on a nearby bed after I got to where I could try walking 3 steps. (Maybe 5-10 more minutes of cool-down.) I was there for about 30 minutes - 1 hour on the verge of a psychedelic trip if I had the focus required to guide myself into it. It was much fainter than earlier and I had 100% feeling and control of myself, but still at least as psychedelic in my head as medium dose weed for some minutes anyway. Then I went inside and voice recorded my memory of the whole thing which I was so pleased to remember it all because I was afraid I may not. It was about 4 hours until the mild high almost mild daze wore off ( I guess at one point I told my mom that I thought the dishwasher was installed upside down?). That could have been the little piece of weed lasting that long though.

Note that many people report remembering nothing from the trip and lose body control. I remembered everything immediately and continuously since then, and while I was 98% disconnected from my Earthly senses, I seemed to remain in control of my body because I stayed in the exact position I wanted to stay in, pressing against the walls in the shower tub. This highlights how people seem to have a wide range of different ways of responding to this plant, for just random reasons that you won't know until you try yourself. It is not toxic or chemically dangerous, just requires more set and setting control than almost anything else would, but only for 5 minutes.

turbonerds
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

Salvia is a very strong hallucinogen and dissociative, worse than LSD. I don't think it is any good for connecting to spirits or any of the topics of this forum. Its only good to explore the mind and certain fundamental aspects of cognition and existence.

Think of connecting to spirits without drugs like panning gold in a river. Salva is like the TNT of gold mining. It just blows stuff up and yields nothing if you don't know exactly when and how to use it.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”