Defenses Against the Dark Arts

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

i like this idea !!

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I too, think this would be a great idea..and also, maybe not have people who THINK they are experts spout off their advice, but have the TRUE experts be the ones to give some good advice, and tips. :thumbup:

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

CAIYROS i agree that everything has a right to exist.i just want to be able to defend myself against against them. keep at bay.

and you are right it is all a matter of perspective. example: i for one love kali ma.

to me she is a beautiful and helpful mother goddess.to others she is seen as a demon.

even some fae are seen as evil or bad because of pranks or tricks they pull.some will even drag you down into a watery grave and not think twice about it, are they evil. not nessacarily it is again a matter of perspective.

or even yaksha for example.wood spirit to some,evil sex demons to others.lol.

i just wanna be prepared.

basically that is me trying in my own weird way to say i agree with you.LOL.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
guinevere
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Yes I agree it is indeed a matter of perspective. My mum is very Christian and I am sure she'd think I'm going to hell for owning my WA spirits.

But I also agree it wouldn't hurt to be told how to protect yourself from those spirits that do want to cause you harm as there are some in the encyclopedia that aren't human friendly so there are some that don't wish you well.

I was also hoping though that the category would cover magick too? Protect yourself from those who may cast spells against you etc. I don't think it should be limited to spirits.

gwae
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 16
My magical/paranormal name...: Shamuramat
Zodiac:

Cayiros, I agree it's a matter of perspective, I basically want to protect myself against anything that would interfere in mine or my childrens right to be safe from harm. From their perspective it might be innocent or fun or what have you, but in my perspective, I will defend my cubs.
So yes, agreeing with you and defending my right to defend me and mine as well.
Freedom to choose what I consort with as it were :)

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

dark abyss - i think your original idea was completely taken out of context as it went further down the first page but your original idea is a very good one and as you said it has nothing to do with religions or magick even. if there was a list available with those entities which are known tricksters as well as spirits who can be dangerous and attack keepers in their homes, along with like a "411" of what to know; what to do if possible, etc. then at least that would be a starting point for help. actually grey's school of wizardry teaches a defense against the dark arts class, just some info to share. :) good thread and maybe we can get it back on topic so your original thought isn't muddled. just my thought.

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

dilvsy wrote:I too, think this would be a great idea..and also, maybe not have people who THINK they are experts spout off their advice, but have the TRUE experts be the ones to give some good advice, and tips. :thumbup:
Dilvsy how can anyone on an Internet forum tell who's an expert and who's a poser?

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Dark Abyss wrote:
CAIYROS wrote:OK...but then we need to be very careful about categories:

Dark Arts spirits have a right to exist, as do Satanists, and the Petwo Rites of Vodu, Goetia, and so on. And I would expect that people involved in Dark Arts as well as many others would have to admit that the 3 Abrahamic groups of classic Christianity, classic Judiasm, and classic Islam....in their peculiar need to attack other religions and occult groups as "Dark" ( a bad word - as the greatest Egyptian God - AMUN - was both Dark & Invisible) - are, they, themselves, creating issues of psychic violence and hurting people as well.

So, the biggest issue here is classification, and dealing with the understanding that classifications in areas like these can be ephemeral and fluid..

I think it might be easier and more balanced to read Eliphas Levi's Transcendental Magic..

Other problems that occur are: The main spiritual entity of the Knights Templars is Baphomet...Dark? or Non-Dark? Opinion? or Proof?

C-
we're not talking about religion at all. what i'm talking about are entities that trick, drain and feed off of others, and malevolent unbounds causing harm and damage. the warning signs, personal stories (not "i know a friend of a friend" type scenario's) and what was done to get rid of them (spirits, smudgings,spells) . just so people who are new to spirit keeping understand that keeping spirits isn't always going to be rainbows and moonbeams. that sometimes even the most cautious person (for example someone who only keeps WA spirits) might get attacked from an outside source and think it's their spirits turning on them.

maybe a disclaimer stating that most DA spirits would never harm their keeper. these are just some extreme examples of things gone wrong and how it was handled.
Given what you've just said, it is a great idea, and it would be extremely helpful to many people.

Cheers,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

One of the problems *potentially* can be when it comes to a Spirit keeping forum when it comes to a discussion of all things metaphysical is, for the lack of a better word...Persecution. It very much so is a matter of perspectives,beliefs, how you were raised and everything else in between. But there ussually is an ongoing trend of the "It's Not Evil, It's Misunderstood!" argument. So If one's get attacked maybe from an unbound or possibly 1 of there own bound spirits(Not ruling this out.) The keeper themselves would often be frowned down upon as if they've done something wrong.

I feel some forum member(Not naming names.) give the impression that they would be more forgiving towards a 'demonic' entity then they would Hitler or a Serial killer. Forget the keeper who got attacked, worry about the poor 'innocent' spirit! Leave the arguing of semantic's out of this. It doesnt really if one believe's in "Evil" or not. I dont really care what you call it, regardless of that it doesnt change the fact that malicious beings do wreak havoc in peoples lives for whatever purposes, and they will get the same treatment and lack of respect as anyone who would end up in jail for doing a crime.

Just my 2 cents.

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

crone maatkaere wrote:dark abyss - i think your original idea was completely taken out of context as it went further down the first page but your original idea is a very good one and as you said it has nothing to do with religions or magick even. if there was a list available with those entities which are known tricksters as well as spirits who can be dangerous and attack keepers in their homes, along with like a "411" of what to know; what to do if possible, etc. then at least that would be a starting point for help. actually grey's school of wizardry teaches a defense against the dark arts class, just some info to share. :) good thread and maybe we can get it back on topic so your original thought isn't muddled. just my thought.
thanks. it's just i know from even after my personal experience that i wished i had known about things like feeders and how i would of handled it differently, while not affecting other members the way that it did.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”