Has anyone experienced an actual possession?

Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

Have you or someone you know actually been possessed before? Have you actually witnessed a possession?

I'm saying this because I'm fairly skeptical as to how common they truly are. Hollywood makes it seem like a huge deal that can happen to anyone at any given time, but most Pagans claim it's so rare it's not a bother, Christians say most people are somewhat possessed, and most Satanists deny its existence at all. What do you think?

I've worked with my demons a lot (I have about twelve demons or so now), and haven't been completely possessed once, though my body has played host to all of them on occasion, though on occasion my arm has been controlled Army of Darkness-style manifesting in odd behaviors like stroking my stomach or scratching me. Nothing too threatening.

Tell me what you have seen relating to a possession, or your general experience with possessions. I'm very curious ::poke::

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Due to my sensitivity i'm very vulnerable to influence. So i have experienced *Attempted* possessions being around places with incredibly bad 'energys'. I always kept my guard up though.

I had one "true" posession in my life and it was a semi-possesion only because I willingly allowed the entity to come in and control me. Was very mind-blowingly(no pun intended) intense.

I agree hollywood can tend to dramatically exxagerate the truth especially when it comes to the paranormal, it's misleading. But some cases potentially can and do end up like that.

Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:I had one "true" posession in my life and it was a semi-possesion only because I willingly allowed the entity to come in and control me. Was very mind-blowingly(no pun intended) intense.
What type of entity was it? Was it a good one or a malevolent one? Can you describe the experience?
Killarican wrote:I agree hollywood can tend to dramatically exxagerate the truth especially when it comes to the paranormal, it's misleading. But some cases potentially can and do end up like that.
The Last Exorcism comes to mind. It was a nice movie with a good plot (except for mocking Paimon a.k.a. Abalam), but people were taking that movie way too seriously. Possession can not go to that extent, right?

Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
Zodiac:

It was my Goddess Jinn She wasn't malevolent. We were having a discussion about life on each others realms, as she is extremely curious and she wanted to experience my realm through my eyes first hand. She's the only being i can ever truly trust. So I let her. I remember i was on the verge of almost blacking out, but my conscious awareness was pretty feint. Kind of like the blackout one experiences when they rush up from a seat too fast and all that blood rushes to your head, and you lose control over all your senses momentarily. I still had some control over myself but she overshadowed me. It's hard to really describe as this isnt one of those Evil "ZOMG IM GONNA TAKE OVER YOUR SOUL!!1!" type possessions.

I wasn't in control of myself though, as she was controlling me and talking out loud to myself, And i was in the feint distance in the back of my mind responding back to her. Kind of like reverse communication if you put it. Just like your talking to your spirits and they are on the "Other Side" felt almost dreamlike but i knew i was fully awake. So i let her "experiment." It lasted as long as 40 minutes, being in a completely dissociative state. Because of this shes partly the reason i can induce non-physical experiences.
The Last Exorcism comes to mind. It was a nice movie with a good plot (except for mocking Paimon a.k.a. Abalam), but people were taking that movie way too seriously. Possession can not go to that extent, right?
From my obersvation of different cases, there's different levels of "possession" but it depends on what a person labels it as. The Christians are Half Right and Half Wrong on this one. Society isnt necesserally "Possessed" the way we know it, but they are spirits EVEYRHWEHRE dark and light alike that influence or manipulate human thought processess, and they would never truly realize it for themselves. So those are just basic influences.

Semi-Possesion like what i had is what i would define from my subjective interpretation is, when the entity's consiousness is more dominant then your own to the point you can barely control what you think, say, or do. I've had more experiences with this but i prefer to keep them personal.

True Possession, is what we are all familiar of. Hollywood like ect. Some cases may be exxagerated but maybe not. I wouldnt rule it out because of my experiences and seeing the potential for it to head to that direction.

Perfect Possession from what i hear is the case that no matter how much exorcism or rebuking there is to force the entity out of one's body. It will never leave. And it partly has to deal with the victims subconsious. The Entity wont leave if the person doesnt want it to leave. It's how many exorcisms fail.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

According to my mom, it happened to me when I was three. I don't remember a thing. Since then spirits have tried to enter my body but they have all been rejected. According to some psychics I am too strong willed.

Those sometimes when I lose my temper and get into extreme cases of negativity....that might be the only times I am not myself and it actually scares most people.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

My parents were very religious church going people. My father was also a preacher in a Pentecostal church..Possesions were encountered often.

One such possesed lady my parents were working on, actually emitted a strong odor that could be smelled accross the room.It was coming from her mouth..If I recall, her nails looked pretty bad as well..They took on a nasty appearance. And she was spitting out junk from her mouth and was speaking a whole mess of nonsense and she was screaming and howling at the top of her lungs..Trust me when I tell you, this was not something that could be helped by a shrink or medication..

It has been plenty of years ago, as it was the 80's, but I know what I was seeing was not normal..Not to mention she had a lot of strenght as they were having trouble holding her down.They had 6 adults in the room with her.. And she was plenty strong.. Her eyes took on a whole different color and her face looked very distorted. It was enough to cause me an impression as I remember it was plenty damned real. My parents made sure I didn't see everything which was just as well.

When people worked on getting rid of whatever was possesing people, we kids were ushered into a different room or taken somewhere else.People were expected to keep their eyes closed and pray. So whatever was being asked to leave, would not take residence in any of us.. I remember lots of encounters but few specifics..But my mother would probably be the one to remember all of the encounters, as she and my father were hands on with these type of incidents. I understand from what I have heard from people who have been possesed, is that they are powerless to stop these entities from manipulating their actions or bodies. It is what Killa states also, some people just black out completely and may not even know what happens when these entities take over. Some people, are able to function to some degree while being possesed. And only certain things trigger the entity to come out and play if you know what I mean.

ledastrae
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Maheekabuga

Christians say most people are somewhat possessed
I don't think all Christians go around saying people are somewhat possessed. Maybe certain branches of it but not all. I've never said it or heard anyone say that to me. I think the most that's in front of Pagans and Satanists should go in front of Christians too, maybe? Of course, I'm just one person but.....

And no, no experience with anything like this. Although I've met some really strange people before, I think they're just.....really strange. :)

Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

DarkAddictions wrote:One such possesed lady my parents were working on, actually emitted a strong odor that could be smelled across the room.It was coming from her mouth..If I recall, her nails looked pretty bad as well..They took on a nasty appearance. And she was spitting out junk from her mouth and was speaking a whole mess of nonsense and she was screaming and howling at the top of her lungs..Trust me when I tell you, this was not something that could be helped by a shrink or medication..
That sounds very repulsive. Ugh, wouldn't want to deal with her lest I throw up.
DarkAddictions wrote:I understand from what I have heard from people who have been possesed, is that they are powerless to stop these entities from manipulating their actions or bodies. It is what Killa states also, some people just black out completely and may not even know what happens when these entities take over. Some people, are able to function to some degree while being possesed. And only certain things trigger the entity to come out and play if you know what I mean.
Yeah, I get it. But when I get these "semi-possessions", I'm fully aware of it, I just don't mind unless somehow I harm myself. I don't think I've ever blacked out due to a spirit before, but sometimes I have experienced a suffocation-like feeling that I think may be intended to make me lose consciousness.

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

P.S. People can be semi aware that they are getting possesed as well.

In fact, if you feel something is possesing you at times then it probably is..If I recall, some people did feel when something was attemting to posses them or when they were being possesed. Like I said, some people lived with such incidents for years.

Yeah, as for that lady..I agree the odor was foul it was enough to turn my stomach. I understand she was possesed for a long time and by a whole mess of demons.

I should ask my mom for more stories and input. She's the one with the great memories.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I have experienced a LWA becoming me or me becoming them...But possession as in pop novels, non fiction, and film - no.

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss

Return to “Paranormal Energy”