Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I know some of you wrote me emails about having received advice here from other forum members and you tried it, it didn't work and you want to know #1 did it mess anything up and #2 what to do now...

So rather than just write back to the 5 of you I though I'd post here too in case anyone else may have the same issue.

The forum is a GREAT place to see what other collectors are up to, what others think of what's going on, get a feel for what it's like collecting, and develop a group of friends and second family...

BUT there is a reason that I am who I am, Ash is who he is, DeeDee, Rhonda, Dove, Gwen, Tammy and all the other sellers are where they are in life... because we know what we're doing, we know what we're talking about, we are masters in our trades and that is why we are practitioners and are respected in our crafts.

It's great to get an opinion, it's great to put a question out there and get feedback, it's great to try out different things with each other when it's on a simple basis... but to be honest to be taking advice regarding the care of a spirit, what to do with spirits, identifying spirits, how to connect to spirits, etc from a novice or apprentice or even someone who has an intermediate education of spirits is a lot like the blind leading the blind.

I appreciate the fact that sellers are not always around to answer your questions, but to be taking the advice of others who did not conjure the spirits or was a part of the spell or enchantment or if they are not in a master's position regarding their level of expertise then you are taking a crap shoot whether or not the answer you get will help you.

I am going to be on here more often, I've told Ash to make it here more often and I've asked the other sellers too to come here more often and see what questions are being asked because I feel badly that all of you are so ready and willing to learn and you are largely relying on each other for advice... and sometimes that's great and hearing what another collector did is important... but sometimes you're getting led down the wrong path or buying things that aren't going to help... and it's not because anyone here is trying to purposefully mislead you it's because they really don't know either but they are trying their best to help.

So it's great to listen to each other and take feedback from each other seriously but before you try any spells, charging boxes, enchantments, potions, rituals, etc PLEASE check with a professional first.

***AND IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THIS POST REFERENCE MY REPLY ON JULY 19***

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Different things work for different people. There are many different levels of expertise here. But no one is the definative,
know all source. We're all students here. It is only the ignorant who think they know it all.

Brightest Blessings,
Alex
Last edited by Wiccan Warrior Alex on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

i most certainly agree with alex. of course all that i can say is about my knowledge of what i've done and what i'm capable of doing and it might help others. at some point it might even make a difference in some lives. we can all hope to make a difference in our world. take care and ciao! blessings to all.
Last edited by crone maatkaere on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
kertuck
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I would just like to say that I enjoy your posts Arsine. I have learned much from them! One does not necessarily need to be a seller to offer tremendous insight. Keep posting!
Take care!
Kerri

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

I get emails on a semi-regular basis from people who say I read "X" in the forum and I tried it and now I don't know what happend but my spirit isn't around, or I think I damaged my spirit, or I put my vampire on my faery altar and now it's gone... these are a sample of the things said in email.

The whole point of the forum is to share, what works here and what works there. And maybe it will work for you and maybe it won't. Some of the new people here think that everything they read here is definitive, that everyone is an expert and they are new so they should follow what they read in thread "X". And some people are getting upset.

I have emails about breeding spirits??? No kidding, apparently someone got the notion you can breed spirits and when I asked where the thread was they didn't know but they said they read it. But they want to breed their gryphons and hippogryphs. When I explained that you cannot breed spirits, they are spirits and are no longer physically capable of breeding then I get a NASTY email about contradiction and then who is telling the truth then, etc. I don't know if they were thinking about selling the "offspring" or what but I spent two days in email with this person trying to explain in detail to them how spirits work and I didn't get anywhere with them after two days except a really upset person who isn't on the forum anymore because now they believe it is contradiction. And maybe that's partially my fault I should read every post and make sure someone isn't believing something not true.

And apparently somewhere here there is a comment about using certain spells to advance the energy of a spirit. Well I got hate mail saying the spell they were recommended to use was black magic and now they believe their spirit is gone and won't come back because it feels betrayed.

It's not the members who have been here for a long time that are having problems, it is the people new to the forum who don't know who everyone else is and rather than taking a moment and saying to themselves "Well I like this idea but maybe I should check with the original seller BEFORE I use any magic" they will do it and then turn around and blame us or go to the original seller and demand the seller get their spirit back or give them their money back, etc even though THEY did it.

The ENTIRE PURPOSE of this forum is learning from each other, but before you do anything drastic or base your future income on breeding spirits or whatever other idea, just check with someone who knows. Sharing with each other how you see spirits, or what offerings you give, etc is fine. But doing something to your spirits, or working with certain magic, etc if you are unsure check with a professional.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I have emails about breeding spirits??? No kidding, apparently someone got the notion you can breed spirits and when I asked where the thread was they didn't know but they said they read it. But they want to breed their gryphons and hippogryphs. When I explained that you cannot breed spirits, they are spirits and are no longer physically capable of breeding then I get a NASTY email about contradiction and then who is telling the truth then, etc. I don't know if they were thinking about selling the "offspring" or what but I spent two days in email with this person trying to explain in detail to them how spirits work and I didn't get anywhere with them after two days except a really upset person who isn't on the forum anymore because now they believe it is contradiction. And maybe that's partially my fault I should read every post and make sure someone isn't believing something not true.
Ah, hum... no comment. :?

Magnolia, maybe it would help to put a thread in the READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING section... It might help set the tone and expectations of what people new to the forum can expect and there you can always add a disclaimer that says something like "Make sure you check with your seller prior to using any magick, spells or other rituals."

Just a thought. ;)

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
umbrea
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I think that's a great idea Dr. S. !!!
There is not enough time in the day for Magnolia to read each and every post and still get all of her other work done.
Maybe we can help as well. Many of us are on the forum everyday, and if we read something that's questionable, we could contact Magnolia and she could check it out.
I remember reading about spirits breeding but didn't see the post about performing magicks or rituals on your spirits.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think that is a GOOD idea because some people who are new really don't know and they are using the search function and I don't know if they are not reading all the way through or just blindly taking advice or what but there was a suggested spell somewhere on here and when I use the search it says "Too many results returned for display" so all I know is that some of the newer members are not taking advice in consideration to their personal situation and just trying things willy nilly. Then when they don't get the result they are expecting they are coming back to me upset.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
fang
neophyte
neophyte

i use my own spells so won't be coming back upset.

believe and you will see.
Theresa
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I have emails about breeding spirits??? No kidding, apparently someone got the notion you can breed spirits and when I asked where the thread was they didn't know but they said they read it

Magnolia, Thank you for clearing this up!!!
;)

*sigh*

Return to “Messages & Updates”