Nephthys for necromancy and spirit communication?

Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... =56&page=8

She's the benevolent (not too dark despite her association) Egyptian goddess of the Dead.
She is the goddess of the Dead. She will bring you to a higher consciousness on the spiritual plane so that you may contact those who have departed.

You can contact loved ones, those in your family you never met and even complete strangers. The choice is your who you want to contact and you may receive the communication through a variety of portals. Such as dream visions, day visions, thought interruption, audible contact, visual contact... and many more.
So, would this help spirit communication and human necromancy? She sounds very beneficial to any keeper of spirits and necromancers. Would she be good if paired with Isis? Who has her so far?

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

actually isis and nephthys are sisters and her name "nephthys" is the greek form of the egyptian names nebet-het and nebt-het which have been given to this sister goddess of the dark. as for spirit communication with the deceased she would help anyone who calls upon her for help. necromancy is a very specialized branch of magick and i think someone interested in this would be better off getting the spirit of an actual necromancer. i have a few here and they are all invaluable in that end whereas nephthys helps with communication in speaking with those passed. hope this helps a bit. :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

Yes...this helps a lot. So Nephthys is almost strictly human communication and understanding death? I can benefit from that. However, if I get her one day, I'll get Isis too.

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

PsycloneDeth wrote:Yes...this helps a lot. So Nephthys is almost strictly human communication and understanding death? I can benefit from that. However, if I get her one day, I'll get Isis too.
TO add to Crone's suggestion..why not get a custom portal to the Lunar Gates of Isis......?

C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I recently received a binding of Nephthys from Crone. I had been pulled to her for a while and sensed she was around me until I finally made the decision to pursue her further.
Although she may not be involved with necromantic magick directly, she can be of help tuning you into the energies of death and the spiritual realm. Aside from linking you to those who have passed, she seems to be a great protector - and has a reputation for this. I also find she has a special ability to reveal the unseen, being a goddess affiliated with darkness, and this has been implied of her in various sources.
She does have a benevolence to her and I find her to be comforting in energy, but she can also be very intense and the darkness she encompasses is noticeable. If you find that you have a closeness with death and rebirth, you will be able to resonate with her well and she will be a great companion.

hupsu
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
Zodiac:

If you're interested in necromancy, http://www23.brinkster.com/falcis/ seems like an interesting website.

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Ran across this today: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora/201 ... the-house/
I sat down on one of the benches along the banks of the river, facing west, with the intention to meditate, or at least just breathe to clear my mind and find stillness in myself.... I don’t typically have visionary experiences so vivid as this one, so it was an interesting and welcoming experience that I, again, went with.

A woman with long, dark, flowing hair walked straight out of the water towards me, but her clothing did not appear to be wet from the water. She had olive-toned skin and wore a long, white dress with gold trim around the edges, in the style you might see in depictions of Egyptian goddesses. She wore golden jewelry and adornments as well. Her dress was loose enough to dance in the wind as she walked. She smiled at me as she approached me. The energy I got from her was that of magic, balance, love, beauty, yet also power, protection, sovereignty and darkness. Nothing particular happened from there; it was just a moment of this overwhelming feeling of protection and love from a beautiful goddess.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a lot in the way of modern interpretations of Nephthys, nor are there a lot of tales that speak much of her in extended detail, so a lot of what is given about her comes from UPG (unverified personal gnosis)....

Nephthys, also known as Neb-thet or Nebet-Het, is the daughter of Geb (god of the Earth) and Nut (goddess of the skies). Her name is thought to mean “lady of the house” (as in a temple or temple chamber rather than the actual house/home). She is the sister of Osiris, Set, and Isis. As Osiris became paired with Isis, she was paired with Set. She is often portrayed as a young woman, sometimes with wings, with a headdress of a basket. She is a goddess associated with magic, death & the afterlife, grieving & mourning, gratitude, protection, healing, childbirth, intuition, life, dream work, twilight, darkness, rebirth, sovereignty, and much more. She is associated with hawks, kites, and vultures and also the element of Earth. She is also connected with the Nile, making her a river goddess....

Nephthys is closely connected to her sister Isis, and she is the darkness to Isis’ light, a key to balance in Egyptian magic. This should not be misunderstood to mean that she is “evil” by any means; she is a goddess seen to bring the darkness into light, healing through this process. Balance, magic, and mystery.

She has a connection with Anubis. According to Plutarch’s version of the story, she is Anubis’ mother with Osiris, though there are variations of this story and much older suggestions that Anubis is actually the son of Ra and Hesat. Plutarch’s myth says that Nephthys used her magic to disguise herself as her sister Isis, and she tricked Osiris into sleeping with her, thus producing the offspring Anubis.

Another interesting myth involves the whole family, basically. Set, god of chaos and storms, in a bout of anger and vengeance, killed his brother Osiris. He chopped up Osiris’ body into little tiny pieces, and scattered them throughout the lands. Isis and Nephthys searched for the pieces of his body and found everything but his penis (which is partially why Osiris is sometimes depicted with an erect penis of a different color). Nephthys is associated with death, especially the grieving and mourning process, since she helped her sister in that way. She sought out Anubis’ help to put his body back together, and thus Anubis invented the rite of embalming and mummification to preserve his body. Isis then used her magic taught to her by Thoth (god of knowledge, magic, and writing) to bring him back to life. This was how Osiris came to be associated with both the underworld and rebirth.

The Lady of the Temple was symbolically represented in the pylons and walls that surrounded the inner temples in Egypt. Likewise, her roles as protectress extends to the inner temple that resides in all of us. Nephthys waits in the shadows of our own darkness, guiding those who seek her towards healing, protection, and empowering the self. Find her in the quietness of your inner temple.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Fascinating. Her appearance description in that article is reminiscent of Inanna's archaeological idol statues.
She is often portrayed as a young woman, sometimes with wings, with a headdress of a basket.
And the associations are also a similar echo in many ways.
She is a goddess associated with magic, death & the afterlife, grieving & mourning, gratitude, protection, healing, childbirth, intuition, life, dream work, twilight, darkness, rebirth, sovereignty, and much more.
Of course the animal associations and Nile river are not similar, but the rest is very much so. Very interesting.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Immortals”