Super easy Asian Oil and Vinegar dressing.

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

Not everyone likes oil and vinegar type dressings I'm sure, and probably a few folks here don't even like salads lol but...

This recipe is so wonderfully simple, delicious and healthy... that I thought I'd share it. I get compliments on it all the time and just made up a batch today.

All you need is an empty jar/bottle that's easy to pour from (I usually use a cleaned and dry cocktail sauce bottle) and three ingredients:

#1, Rice wine vinegar.. (or the bottle may just say Rice Vinegar, in my experience they're much the same if not exactly the same.) The brand I use is called Marukan.

#2, Toasted sesame oil. The brand I use is called Eden. Usually you can find this in the Asian food items section of your store. Make sure it's toasted, not plain sesame oil.

#3, Several fresh cloves of garlic (to taste, between 2 to 5 cloves is about right), smashed and/or chopped. At least one clove really adds to the flavor but if you don't like garlic don't use it... it'll still be good.

All you do is fill the empty bottle halfway with the rice vinegar and halfway with the toasted sesame oil, (maybe only ever so slightly more oil than vinegar) add the prepped garlic, shake and store. That's it! :clap: You don't even have to refrigerate it. I've kept it many months before and it only just keeps getting better, the garlic gets sort of pickled in it so it doesn't go bad. It's great if you, like me, love garlic especially you get down to the bottom of the bottle finally and get some of the pieces of the garlic in your salad yum! Just remember always shake it up before you use it, like any oil and vinegar dressing it will gradually separate when standing.

Another salad tip is I like to put some fresh cilantro into my salad greens, gives it an interesting flavor especially if, like me, you love cilantro. I love this dressing on things other than salads too, it can be nice on fish especially as a condiment.

Hope you enjoy!

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...
swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

Wow, that sounds delish!!!! Thanks, will definitely try since I love salads!!! :thumbup:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:

Return to “Dinner to Die For”