You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

Chaos wrote:I just want to say that Demons are not evil incarnate....
THANK YOU. I was about to hit this thread with the fail-stick.

I have made a pact with Lucifer, who was demonized by the church and is really the Sumerian god Enki. There is nothing "evil" about him. He is enlightenment. My pact was to become one with the earthen and astral realms, and his words have shot me much closer to adepthood than ignoring or demonizing his has ever done.

Now if you're talking about a more "devil" like character, Iblis, I often work with him too. I have made many pacts with many immortals, but Iblis has given me more promise in terms of dark adepthood (proper term is shadow adept) than any other immortal has. He's not for everyone, but HE is the full embodiment of sin, horror, nightmares, bloodshed... elements of our nature that we must work with, relish, and accept.

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
robin
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 5

Okay, I apparently touched a nerve with a few people in my response to this question so I thought I should clarify a couple of things.

First of all, I was responding with regard to how I perceived the question and the connotations behind it and certainly didn't intend my response to reflect anyone else.

Secondly as to my use of the term Evil Incarnate. My perception of the whole WA/DA arena, which is probably incredibly simplistic and I'm sure more knowledgable and experienced individuals have much different understandings of, is that of a spectrum. "The Devil" to me is simply the entity at the extreme dark end of the spectrum with the entity generally identified as "God" at the extreme light end of the spectrum and everything else in the universe falling somewhere between. In the question regarding a "Pact with the Devil", I saw that as asking about a dealing with the extreme end of the Dark spectrum and answered for myself accordingly. I do believe for myself that when you deal with darkness you RISK being consumed by that darkness. That's not a risk I'm willing to take for myself but I have no doubt that there are much stronger, more knowledgeable and experienced individuals who can handle it and that those individuals are essential to maintaining a balance between the dark and light.

I read the initital post and it made me think of that John Burroughs poem so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the question. I have considered hypothetical Faustian deals in the past and whether I'd agree to such a pact and what I posted is the conclusion that I came to for myself. I didn't intend to offend or convey disrespect with my neophyte perspective and I apologize if my post did just that.

robin

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"The great and invigorating influences in American life have been the unorthodox: the people who challenge an existing institution or way of life, or say and do things that make people think." --William O. Douglas
aboveearth420
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: K-Jest

VicyCat wrote:
3DHORRORDOLLS wrote:Ok when I was 13 , I was 5 feet tall weighted 180lbs, had a godawful perm , gap teeth .
I was not the cutest thing to look at- I went outside and yelled at who ever would listen - to help me out of my dilemma - maybe it was the devil who knows, whithin a year I had a total transformation - but then again it may have been me just going through the whole cycle of puberty-

TRUE STORY :devil:

I'm pretty sure the devil and puberty are one and the same.

I'm pretty sure the devil and women are one and the same. But damn if I don't go back for more!

I'm not really an actor, i just play one on TV. .

And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddlin kids!

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade and ask for Vodka!!!

Nominated! SAG Member "The obstacle is the path"

"They ALL float down here"---Pennywise

I went to the crossroads with a fiddle, and came back with an Orchestra!---AboveEarth420
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

aboveearth420 wrote:I'm pretty sure the devil and women are one and the same. But damn if I don't go back for more!
If there was a type of demon to annoy you to death by denying you everything, then that's a woman for you. :silly:
robin wrote:Okay, I apparently touched a nerve with a few people in my response to this question so I thought I should clarify a couple of things.

First of all, I was responding with regard to how I perceived the question and the connotations behind it and certainly didn't intend my response to reflect anyone else.

Secondly as to my use of the term Evil Incarnate. My perception of the whole WA/DA arena, which is probably incredibly simplistic and I'm sure more knowledgable and experienced individuals have much different understandings of, is that of a spectrum. "The Devil" to me is simply the entity at the extreme dark end of the spectrum with the entity generally identified as "God" at the extreme light end of the spectrum and everything else in the universe falling somewhere between. In the question regarding a "Pact with the Devil", I saw that as asking about a dealing with the extreme end of the Dark spectrum and answered for myself accordingly. I do believe for myself that when you deal with darkness you RISK being consumed by that darkness. That's not a risk I'm willing to take for myself but I have no doubt that there are much stronger, more knowledgeable and experienced individuals who can handle it and that those individuals are essential to maintaining a balance between the dark and light.

I read the initital post and it made me think of that John Burroughs poem so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the question. I have considered hypothetical Faustian deals in the past and whether I'd agree to such a pact and what I posted is the conclusion that I came to for myself. I didn't intend to offend or convey disrespect with my neophyte perspective and I apologize if my post did just that.

robin
You can NOT give your soul away to a dark being of any kind, even Iblis himself (who I'm assuming you'd refer to as a primordially dark being like the Greek Chaos). It's not possible. As for dealing with them, yes there is a HIGH risk to being consumed by this darkness. I have an old spirit to guide me when I do these things. I wouldn't touch dealing with him with a ten-foot-pole if I didn't have him.

You never offended anyone, but you realize Faust was created as anti-pagan propaganda, right?

Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Light Night wrote:Hello everyone, I am just wondering if with a big IF you would like to make a pact with the devil. What will be a perfect pact with no holes for the devil to mess with you? This is just for fun so don't take it seriously. If you are asked by the biggest trickster in the world for anything. What would you ask for and not get screwed by your asking? :think:
The word PACT: [Middle English, from Old French, from Latin pactum, from neuter sing. past participle of pacsc, to agree; see pag- in Indo-European roots.]

OK, so who are these people who make a pact mentioned in books and legends. They are IDIOTS, or to be more polite, they simply are not buisnessmen nor businesswomen......Its always the same pact! DUH!

I think a more intelligent pact would be, The Person-In-Questions offers this:

" I will give you continous (when I feel it is appropriate) nothing but really tight leading-to-convincing - Good Publicity. In return as long as I do not formally abrogate the bargain, by actual deed of abrogation (thought-intention) and/or the writing and saying of that abrogation, you will continually clear obstacles out of my path so that I will suuceed in my own private endeavors and, also, will succeed in my specific endeavors of creating (when I feel it is appropriate) really tight leading-to-convincing - Good Publicity.

Either party can end this contract without prejudice by written, spoken, or thought-intention, and both parties shall remain amicable in all ways at all times."

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Gary8192
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 155
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Ifrit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I like crones reply, and agree with vicy. for myself, I would like to find the anna maru and be able to recover her cargo and keep it. I dont really believe in "satan", though thanks to PD for clarifying the different Immortals, I did not know. on mine in exchange for finding the anna maru and keeping her cargo, when I die I wouldnt gather up my old friends and pull a coup. roflmao sorry couldnt help it, I have a strange sense of humor. Ill spare the elder members the trouble of having to tell me I couldnt. lol

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

Well as far as my soul goes...it costs AT LEAST two all you can eat sushi dinners :silly:

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:Well as far as my soul goes...it costs AT LEAST two all you can eat sushi dinners :silly:
Also sell them a limb or two for unlimited wasabi. Sushi is nothing without wasabi. :mrgreen:

But still, pacts with demons....how Hollywood cliche...why not throw in a chess board for your soul while were all at it?

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

A game of chess for my soul? Perhaps a game of Operation would be more ironic and amusing. Hahahharr, claim my soul if you can get it out without touching the edges and making alarming sounds emit from me.

And if he just can't do it, or gets frustrated trying, then I win. What do I win? Whatever I feel like winning, that's what.
I guess that's not really a pact, but we all knew it wasn't going to be fair anyway so why not make it a game ;)

Realistically though I think the devil would be tired of direct soul-pacts, and looking for more intriguing offers lol.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I saw a man play chess with a devil and win...In a class room in the HArvard Theater, Anatoly KArpov beat the IBM super computer Deep Blue....

I asked him what was his psychology going up against this giant computer, and he said....."I just tried very hard to not make any mistakes...!!!???!!!
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss

Return to “General Questions”