venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

I'M NOT GOING TO SUGAR COAT OR DANCE AROUND THE ISSUE.

IN GENERAL? NEVER.

IF SOMEONE IS TRAINED, EXPERIENCED, & RESPONSIBLE? POSSIBLY.

BUT, ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU'D WANT TO?

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING A BA SPIRIT CAN DO THAT A DA SPIRIT CANNOT DO IN THE REALM OF POWER. IF YOU WANT TO PRACTICE BA TO COMBAT PEOPLE WHO ABUSE BA POWER, THEN FIGHTING FIRE WITH FIRE CAN BE USEFUL.

IF YOU WANT TO BE THAT PERSON WHO WREAKS HAVOC ON THE REST OF US, THEN YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULDN'T HAVE SPIRITS LIKE THAT.

AND, FOR THE GENERAL POPULATION YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO THINK ABOUT KEEPING BA SPIRITS.

WHY?

1. THEY ARE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL
2. THEY ARE EXTREMELY CUNNING & WILL OUTSMART YOU
3. THEY CAN CONVINCE YOU TO DELUDE YOURSELF INTO THINKING YOU HOLD THE POWER, WHEN YOU DON'T
4. THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOURSELF & THOSE AROUND YOU
5. THEY WILL CAUSE YOU ISSUES THROUGHOUT THE TIME YOU KEEP THEM; GREAT & SMALL
6. THEY USUALLY DO CHANGE THE PEOPLE KEEPING THEM, SORT OF LIKE THE OLD SAYING "YOU DON'T CHANGE THE DEVIL, THE DEVIL CHANGES YOU"

I DON'T RANK BA SPIRITS AS BA OUT OF MORAL CODE. I RANK BA SPIRITS WHEN I KNOW THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE OR VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL. AND BY VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE I MEAN THERE MAY BE FLEETING MOMENTS WHERE YOU HAVE THE UPPER HAND, BUT ANY PROLONGED EXPOSURE WILL DEFINITELY LAND YOU ON THE SHORT END OF THE STICK.

WORKING WITH BA SPIRITS, FOR THOSE WHO ARE QUALIFIED TO DO SO, CAN BE USEFUL. BUT, ANY PRACTITIONER WHO WORKS WITH THEM RESPONSIBLY DOESN'T HAVE PROLONGED RELATIONSHIPS OR EXPOSURE TO THEM. IT'S MORE LIKE WORKING WITH A CONTRACTOR; YOU DO A JOB, YOU GO YOUR SEPARATE WAYS.

THAT'S MY THOUGHTS ON BA SPIRITS. BEING THE GUY WHO'S CONTACTED WHEN PEOPLE GET IN OVER THE HEADS I CAN SAY FROM EXPERIENCE THAT 99% OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM, AREN'T QUALIFIED TO DO SO, AND USUALLY GET IN OVER THEIR HEADS.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

Ash, thank you for posting this. This should be stickied for future reference. Again thanks for voicing your experience and expertiece.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
darksidemoon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Can't chose one :P
If I could be anything, I would be...: Psy Vamp
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

This was a very interesting read, didn't realize there was anything else besides; WA GA DA.

So is Black Arts to the extreme end of Dark Arts?

Is there a clear defined line between Black and Dark?

What creatures/entities would be considered Black?

Confucius says:"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

This was a very interesting read, didn't realize there was anything else besides; WA GA DA.
I WAS GOING TO TYPE UP & ANSWER, AND I REMEMBERED THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE ENCYCLOPEDIA ON THE 3 MAJOR TYPES: http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... nking.html

GA IS SOMETIMES SYNONYMOUS WITH DA. I CONSIDER GA TO BE THE LIGHTER SIDE OF DA. BUT, THEY ARE BOTH STILL DA.
YES, I SUPPOSE IN SOME WAY. THOUGH I TEND TO THINK OF BA AS ITS OWN, STANDALONE GROUP.
PRETTY CLEAR, ANYTHING THAT IS DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL, AND WILL ALMOST ALWAYS CHOOSE WRONG OVER RIGHT. FOR HUMANS IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY TO TELL. BA ENTITIES ARE EXTREMELY CLEVER & REALLY GOOD AT WORKING THE HUMAN NAIVETE & EGO. THEY USUALLY ROPE THE UNSUSPECTING IN BY MAKING THEM BELIEVE THEY CAN HANDLE IT. SOME CAN, BUT NOT USUALLY FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. OTHERWISE THEIR PERCEPTION IS LIKELY TO BECOME COMPLETELY DISTORTED. THEY WON'T SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES.
THERE'S A VAST NUMBER. I DID OUTLINE SOME OF THEM UNDER THE DA CATEGORY. MAYBE I SHOULD MOVE THEM OUT INTO THEIR OWN CATEGORY TO MAKE IT EASIER.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

darksidemoon, ba spirits are different than da.

ash, thank you for your thoughts as a master of the dark arts! :) i agree with phoenix that this should be stickied for easy reference. :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Great post as always Ash! :thumbup:

To be completely honest, it's not really my concern whether people keep demons or BA entitys etc. If they feel really pulled towards it as a life path then more power to them and there decision. Life is too short for regrets however. What really does upset me though knowing from countless experience, is whenever a person try's to paint an image on a demonic entity of what it's completely NOT.

I dont care if a person doesnt believe the concept of "Evil". And it doesnt really matter what you call it if the individual wants to substite another word from that nasty "E" Word, because it doesnt change what it really is..It's intents..Agenda...feelings...thought processess. etc.

When i was reading the the other post I thought Verna hit the nail on the head when she was comparing the mindset to "Guns dont kill people. People kill people."

And I was taught this from a few gifted friends that, it's not uncommon for a person to feel subconsciously drawn to darker paths/spirits. Because it's very likely that the dark beings around them are putting those thoughts into there head giving it the appearance that they can handle such things, but what's really happening is they are influencing them to open that subconsious doorway to invite all sorts of malicious things and havoc into there lives. Not saying this is the case for any members on this board, but it's a well known fact that it happens.

Ignore semantics aside from what is falsely labeled as a Demon from a REAL Demon. Indeed Many entitys are "misunderstood". REAL demons however are NOT "misunderstood." They have an unquenchable destructive nature and will not hesitate to harm people oblivious to there presence.

As a working Paranormal Investigator out in the field , one that helps, and assist familys to comprehend there experiences and the energies within there houshould, to completely yield the momentum of attacks, Demons do NOT deserve my respect.

My 2cents.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

darksidemoon wrote:This was a very interesting read, didn't realize there was anything else besides; WA GA DA.

There is a whole bunch of them under the DA catogorie in the encyclopedia, including but not limited to redcaps, rashasa and Beast of bodmin.
For nearly all of them it describes them as Deadly, Merciless and Malicious.

SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:Ash, thank you for posting this. This should be stickied for future reference. Again thanks for voicing your experience and expertize.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: 3 thumbs up Ash!

Thank you for clearing up this issue keeping of BA spirits. I have tried warning those on the forum against such potential folly but feel it has fallen on deaf ears. I truly believe that there are irrevocable consequences of believing that one can keep such spirits under control. I believe that these types of spirits will lie to gain your trust then strike when you are down.

If people do collect these types of spirits to gain power and control over people, to reap vengeance on others, to create havoc and pain, then maybe conjurers should think again about selling this type of spirits to begin with. 2cents

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

well said seer and i myself have tried to show the differences between da and ba spirits. however, to each their own and if anyone wants to play with sharks without a cage....it's entirely up to the individual but there are potential for risk.

ash, this is why you're the clean up guy - you clean these messes up! ;) thank you for your services and hopefully nobody will be requiring your services here. :hug: :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

:clap: Too often the idea of a BA spirit is considered novel, when spirit keeping is anything but novel.

Besides, spirits should be willingly bound, I cannot imagine that a BA spirit would be a willing participant, unless it was to gain something from the binding.

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake

Return to “Black Arts”