Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: God
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Tutankhsobek
Zodiac:

The next God in my series is Zeus.

Zeus is the Supreme Greek God. He is the King of the Gods, Father of Gods and Men, God of the Sky, Thunder and Lightning and Law, Order and Justice. Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon and Zeus are the children of Chronos, the Titan. When they were born Chronos swallowed them all (except Zeus), because he was told by an oracle that he would be overthrown by his son Zeus and replaced as Ruler of Olympus just as he had done to his own father, Uranus. Chronos was tricked into believing that he had swallowed Zeus by Rhea (Zeus's mother) who gave Chronos a rock wrapped in clothing to eat instead of Zeus. Zeus was raised in secret in Crete and when he reached adulthood he returned to Mount Olympus to fight his father and rescue his brothers and sisters.

Zeus attacked his father and cut open his stomach, making him release first the stone he had swallowed in place of Zeus (which Zeus placed on Earth as an Omphalos, a sacred religious stone marking a spot the Gods frequented and humans worshipped at) and then his brothers and sisters in reverse order to how they were swallowed. He then went down to the Underworld and released the brothers of Cronus, the Gigantes, the Hecatonchires and the Cyclopes, from their dungeon in Tartarus, killing their guard, Campe. This signalled the beginning of the Titanomachy, the war pitting gods against titans.

Eventually the gods won and the titans was imprisoned in Tartarus (the deepest, darkest pit of Hades) forever. As a sign of appreciation the Cyclopes gave Zeus thunder and lightning, which had previously been hidden by Gaia. Zeus then split control of the world between him and his brothers. He was the ruler of the sky and air, Poseidon was the ruler of the waters and Hades was the ruler of the Underworld. The ancient Earth, Gaia, could not be claimed; she was left to all three, each according to their capabilities, which explains why Poseidon was the "earth-shaker" (the god of earthquakes) and Hades claimed the humans that died. Gaia resented the way Zeus had treated the Titans, because they were her children. Soon after taking the throne as king of the gods, Zeus had to fight some of Gaia's other children, the monsters Typhon and Echidna. He vanquished Typhon and trapped him under Mount Etna, but left Echidna and her children alive.

Now that i've explained how Zeus became King of the Gods I shall talk about his relationship with Ganymede.

Erichthonius, the first to ever harness four horses to a chariot, was the richest of mortal men. He had a son named Tros, lord of the Trojans, and to him in turn were born three unblemished boys: Ilus founder of Ilium, Assaracus, and god-like Ganymede – the handsomest ever born of the human race. Tros loved Ganymede from the bottom of his heart and set guardians and tutors to watch over him as he wrestled, or rode to the hounds, or swam through the crashing, dragging breakers of the warm Mediterranean.

One day, looking down from his throne on Mount Olympus, Zeus spied Ganymede up in the meadows of Mount Ida, chilling with his friends under the watchful gaze of his aged tutors. Instantly, the King of Heaven flamed with love for the young Trojan’s thighs. Zeus shook himself once and turned into a powerful eagle. Straightaway he swooped down upon the world of men. Casting shafts of lightning every which way, he whipped up a fierce tempest turning day into night. Under cover of the storm the majestic eagle pounced and tenderly seized the boy in his talons. The aged guardians reached out to stop him, the hounds barked madly. Paying them no heed, the god and the boy rose up higher and higher and vanished into the blue.

In the blink of an eye the two arrived in Olympus. The eagle folded his wings, shook himself once and turned back into a god. He took Ganymede to bed and then appointed him cup bearer. But to make room for him, Zeus had to chase away Hebe, Hera's daughter and his, who served the drinks at the divine feasts. Clumsy, he called her, claiming she once stumbled. Hera saw it all and went insane with rage and jealousy.

All the other gods rejoiced to have Ganymede among them, for his beauty filled them with delight. And Ganymede thought pouring nectar to the immortals was mad cool, and when he filled his lover’s cup he made sure to press his lips to it first, giving it half a twist as he placed it in Zeus’ hand.

Back on Earth, Tros' heart was filled with cruel sorrow, not knowing where the divine tempest had taken his son. He cried endless tears. Even Zeus was moved by his pain. He sent down Hermes as messenger, who let Tros know his boy was now among the gods, immortal and forever young. Zeus gave Tros in exchange for his son a pair of white prancing mares, deathless and able to walk on water, the very same that carry the immortals. Tros’ heart was filled with joy and he drove his new horses as fast as the wind.

Hera, besides herself, vented her rage by destroying the Trojans. But Zeus, grateful for Ganymede’s love, made a place for him among the stars as Aquarius – the Water Bearer. There he still stands, smiling, pouring nectar and shielded to this day by the wing of the Eagle constellation.

Aquarius was originally the Egyptian god over the Nile. The Egyptian god poured water not wine from a flagon.

All of Zeus' scandalous liaisons have allegorical meanings. Some sources say that Zeus' affair with Ganymede was a (religious) justification for homosexuality within the Greek culture, yet others state that this is merely a reflection of Greek life at that time. Before the popularity of the Zeus and Ganymede myth spread, however, the only toleration for sodomy was an external form of goddess worship. Cybele's male devotees tried to achieve unity with her by castrating themselves and dressing like women.

Apollodorus argued that this myth emphasized the victory of patriarchy over matriarchy. This showed that men did not need women to exist, therefore they did not need the attentions of women. The philosopher Plato used this myth to justify his sexual feelings towards male pupils.

Here are some picture:

Zeus and Ganymede on Oympus

Zeus and Ganymede kissing

Zeus flying away with Ganymede

Ganymede feeding Zeus in eagle form nectar

Ave Vive Antinoi! All Hail Antinous!

My avatar houses Niankhnum and Khnumhotep, one of the most celebrated gay couples of all time from Ancient Egypt.

'And people saw that every sort of beauty, every sort of love was from the gods, and they became free and bold, and they grew wings' - Mikhail Kuzmin
brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

BEAUTIFUL antinousisgod1! Thank you for taking the time to explore both the first god ever to stir up my sensuality as a high school teen as well as the part Ganymede plays in the life of this Immortal. I'm very fortunate to have Ganymede, thanks to CH. Once the initial bonding with the rest of the "crew" is complete, I look forward to spending time with him. He has a lot of juicy bits to share regarding Zeus--he mentions it almost every time I meditate with him! :clap:

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

Yayyyy! Bravo! that has to be one of the most adorable stories i have ever read yet! :D But then again a story of a relationship of Zues's would have to be this great!

LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
antinousisgod1
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Aww, thankyou both so much :). I'm very happy you enjoyed my story. Brotony, i'd like to hear some of Ganymede's stories about Zeus :). I'll have to purchase him one day too so I can bond with him. He seems lovely :). He, Hyacinth and Antinous are my three favourite boy-gods.

My avatar houses Niankhnum and Khnumhotep, one of the most celebrated gay couples of all time from Ancient Egypt.

'And people saw that every sort of beauty, every sort of love was from the gods, and they became free and bold, and they grew wings' - Mikhail Kuzmin
brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Will be glad to share! :) Probably needs to go under the adult section if I can ever find it. :eh:

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
antinousisgod1
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

brotony101 wrote:Will be glad to share! :) Probably needs to go under the adult section if I can ever find it. :eh:
Haha I haven't been able to find this fabled "adult section" either lol.

Return to “Immortals”