Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Psychic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Hello

I hope someone can help advise with this.

My daughter is 6. For the last year she has been seeing things, colours, shapes, misty images of people and full blown apparitions of a young boy. She has also been seeing human like spirits with red eyes. She is adamant this is wrong and says she feels like she is being watched all the time and another way she phrases it is someone is eyeballing her all the time.

I think its great that she has this gift but Im also worried as to whether its good or bad and if its bad we need to deal with, she now sleeps in our bed most nights.

I have always been open about this kind of thing and Im concerned that I have as a parent fed her things that may have confused her or bought her fear.

I bought her an angel sometime ago and she wears it and sleeps with it under her pillow.

It is going all the time not just in her bedroom, but even downstairs etc. It was about a year ago I started to bring spirits into the house, devata, djinn, angels and fairies, also dragons. I recently bought a wathcer and gargoyle for protection.

I know most will say its her imagination but myself and my husband think its much more than that and she knows it real, she believes what she sees 100%

I dont know how to stop her fear but also stop her from shutting out her gift, I grew up in a family that was adamant life after death does not exist and they would think I was horrible for filling her head with the ideas that it does exist

Sorry its a long post xx

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

I wouldn't say it is her imagination at all, as a child I went through very similar things but was told by my parents that it was my imagination, and not knowing what I was seeing was very scary to me! After awhile I believed it was my imagination and blocked my own gifts for awhile.
The best advice I can give to you is to understand what she is going through and to explain to her some of what she is seeing are your spirits and will not harm her. The others are unbound spirits, but her angel can protect her from them, all she has to do is ask. If you can, I would talk to her about what is it to shield and protect herself. Might be young at 6 but in basic terms tell her to visualize or imagine herself in a bubble of light and that will protect her. Although, I don't think you should play on her fear, but basically let her know you believe her and maybe tell your spirits to keep out any unbounds. Also you might want to do a smudging of the house and her to let her know only good spirits will be let in the house, it might ease her mind a little.
These are just some thoughts off the top of my head, hopefully others will have some good suggestions :)

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Gleok
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel?
If I could be anything, I would be...: White light/not sure
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Does anyone know how to find this?

From what I understand you could tell your spirits not to show themselves to her in any scary ways or at certain times (if at all). Then maybe you can narrow it down to see which, if any, spirits are still round her. Try figuring out who they are or ask your spirits to not allow them near her. I do remember hearing once of a girl this was happening to and she had another person come in to help her. It turned out the man who was always standing at the foot of her bed was actually her father from a previous life who was still watching over her. She admitted even though he scared her she didn't want him to leave. Once she found out who he was she was fine with him and they actually formed a strong bond. You never know........ Hopefully someone here can help you!

Every sinner was once a saint.

Everyone has a story, if we take the time to listen.

Once upon a time we were moonshine -Ani

I'm still the angel to a girl who hates to sin. -Tori

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
- Albert Einstein

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. The stars, the moon they have all been blown out. So I stayed in the darkness with you. -Florence + the Machine
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:I wouldn't say it is her imagination at all, as a child I went through very similar things but was told by my parents that it was my imagination, and not knowing what I was seeing was very scary to me! After awhile I believed it was my imagination and blocked my own gifts for awhile.
The best advice I can give to you is to understand what she is going through and to explain to her some of what she is seeing are your spirits and will not harm her. The others are unbound spirits, but her angel can protect her from them, all she has to do is ask. If you can, I would talk to her about what is it to shield and protect herself. Might be young at 6 but in basic terms tell her to visualize or imagine herself in a bubble of light and that will protect her. Although, I don't think you should play on her fear, but basically let her know you believe her and maybe tell your spirits to keep out any unbounds. Also you might want to do a smudging of the house and her to let her know only good spirits will be let in the house, it might ease her mind a little.
These are just some thoughts off the top of my head, hopefully others will have some good suggestions :)
I also forgot to mention, a rule I have in my house is that my spirits are not to appear to anyone besides me unless there is an emergency or the person expressly says it is ok. This may help as well.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
fairyworld
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Psychic

Thanks so much great advice and I will follow it, she doesnt seem to mind the colours and mists, its just this thing that is watching her. It has kind of scared me too.

You are right I dont want it put aside as imagination either as thats what happened to me, although I dont remember seeing much as a child.

I dont want her to stop seeing unless its bad things, otherwise she might lose her gift and as we know when we get older we wish we hadnt shut down.

I will try your advice and ask them not so show themselves to her.

She keeps saying to me something is very wrong mummy and I want to move, but she has confirmed seeing things everywhere and not just at home with us.

Thanks again guys x

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

your daughter indeed sounds as if she as a great gift and maybe this idea will work:

1. you can explain to her what a blessing it really is to be able to see those beyond the veil because when they come to us they're mostly looking to be helped.

2. you could begin to talk to her about others who are like her and even tell her about james van praagh and how the tv show "ghost whisperer" is based roughly on his abilities and life.

3. encourage her not to be afraid, that not everyone is gifted with this ability and that makes her special in a way other humans aren't. usually adults think us kids just have imaginary friends and i think that makes them feel better that perhaps it's really not the fact that most of us kids can actually see the spirits beyond the veil and those still here earthbound.

4. try to show her there is no reason to be scared of the colored lights and manifestations. her light more than likely shines brightly to the spirits and they know her heart believes they exist even if she is scared - most of us as kids who had experiences were open and had not yet been told "oh you're imagining things, there are no spirits". luckily my mom and grandmum listened to me and never told me that i was imagining or even to stop the silliness.

5. never apologize for a long post especially when you are trying to obtain answers, suggestions or ideas of others to any personal issue. :) let your daughter know mostly that there are many others just like her and that her angel would never allow anyone or anything to hurt her. talk to her about what she sees and hears and as soon as she knows you are fully supportive and that both of her parents can be that sounding board that she can talk to and try to resolve whatever thoughts she has....she'll grow into her abilities rather than grow out of them.

6. you might read to her some of the supportive thoughts you got from us. in my mind you are a great mom and dad because you want her to believe in herself and while it might unsettle and scare her because this might not happen to her friends, she should know there are many of us who had the same experiences (in differing levels of course) and nothing will ever hurt her. the spirits whom she eventually helps, even if it's simply helping them cross over, will always be there to help her and even protect her if the need arises.

7. give her a hug from me and explain how truly gifted, blessed and special she is! :) hope this helps sweetie. may the :angel: and :faery always watch your daughter with a ::gargoyle:: or ::dragons:: too! :hug: :hug: :heart: :hug: :hug:

phoenix, that is one of the rules here as well. ;) great posts everyone. :) :heart: :hug: :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced

Phoenix Guide and Crone have given you some very good suggestions. One of the things that may help her to alleviate her fear is to keep an open dialogue. Teach her that if she sees something that frightens her, that she tell it to go away. Encourage her to ask her angel to protect her.

I had a niece who had a similar problem and one of the things that I did for her was to build a protective grid through the use of gemstones. She went from having drastic wake the whole house up type of spirit interactions to being able to control who/what comes through. I know that it made her feel more secure in that she could physically see something being done. So gridding after doing a clearing could be another option. I would work with stones like amethyst, obsidian, and citrine and you could even let her pick the stones out.

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: no name

I know this is hard for you and to watch your child go through this,
What im going to post is what I would do.
I would find out from your daughter which spirit brings her comfort ask that one to stay with her a guard her .
If its one of your companions she is uncomfortable with ask them to never show there self to her again..
If its spirit that should not be there and that is scaring her ,I would get it to leave .

Now with her having the gift I would not stop her from using it( in 15 years you don’t want her to say well I had the gift but my family discouraged me from using it-) - you all will work on
understand it-most of all let her know that you BELIEVE HER and you are there every step of the way, this may not be all the correct way , this is how I handle it with my son now.

We must let go of the life we have planned,
so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

:offtopic: I think I was one of those kids who had the gift but was told it was his imagination running wild. Anyway, back on topic.

As everyone has said, you do not want to discourage her from any thing you think is her gifts. That's the worst thing you could do. The best suggestion I feel is the one already mentioned in that you should tell her to call upon a spirit she knows would protect her.

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
Zodiac:

Hi :wave:
Great advice by every one
Look around where you live, there are usually centers for Psychic children
also, these links might help :hug:

http://www.helpforsensitives.com/children.html

http://www.aetv.com/psychic-kids/index.jsp

maybe watch some episodes on :hug: Psychic Kids with your daughter, so she knows she is not alone and that other kids have this also

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium

Return to “Paranormal Energy”