Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So, here is the situation:

I'm a sophomore in Highschool. I do not have a job, yet, but am hopefully going to get one over the summer (or something...) Which means, that I have to rely on my parents when I want to buy stuff. And, although they are open minded about ghosts, and that sort of paranormal, they wouldn't really be open minded about metaphysical. I DESPERATELY want to buy my first spirit soon, and am persuading my parents into allowing me to get my own paypal, and use my own money to buy what I want.

With the sale that's going on right now, I really want to go ahead and buy my custom before it's too late. I'm stuck between a custom conjure with jewlery as a vessel, or a spirit stone with a custom conjure. If I got the jewlery, the most I'd be able to buy without my parents getting suspicious is a C3 conjure, but as I'm not very sensitive to the paranormal/metaphysical, I was hoping for atleast a C4 binding.

I could afford the Spirit Stone C4, and would readily hand over the money right now, but my parents would flip at me if I payed $12.50 for a rock. (That's what they'd see it as, anyways. Personally, I'd love it)

See, I'm trying to persuade them into my own paypal with the idea that I need to learn to make SMART decisions with my own money, and although it seems ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL to me, they'd see it as it looks on the surface: their daughter went loopy and paid $12 for a rock that I could go to a random store and buy for a dollar or two (or whatever)

So basically, pay $12.50 for a C3 custom conjure necklace that could potentially pass as acceptable to my parents, but might not produce as good as results to me (being thick) as a C4, or buy a C4 spirit stone for the same price, and have my parents question me getting a paypal at all, and probably looking up CH, and finding out what it is about, and conclude that I'm a nut, and ground me from the internet, and paypal-dom... :crying:

Now that I look at it, C3 Custom Conjure seems more logical, but I still was hoping for a C4. I hate walking on eggshells...

((By the way, my replies might be slow on coming, as they have to approve my posts. Thanks!))

(Something to consider: the spirit I'm probably going to purchase is a Cambion, and I hear they're good at persuasion. Maybe he could help me? :) )

Kenza
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I just make sure I underprice items I got from ::ch:: when my parents ask.
The fact that ::ch:: stuff in the envelope comes labeled as "House Decor" helps a lot.
so when mum and dad asks how much did I pay for the stone, I would just say $2
::rofl::
They can't check my pay pal anyway,so as long as things look normal on the surface,all will be well.

Word of advice though,you may consider getting a WA protective spirit before getting other types of spirits.
Just my 2cents

Be totally vulnerable and Realize that you cannot be harmed.

–Bentinho Massaro
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

maybe bring up the fact that you are wanting to learn responsibility by having your own paypal account and to be able to make responsible purchases. always talk to an adult as an adult (in other words don't protest, just bring up valid points with out it turning into a heated argument). if they find out that you bought "a rock" and revoke the account remind them that it is your money (again in a calm manner), ask them about purchases that they may of made as a teenager, and let them know it is more than "a rock", but actually a gemstone that you are interested in (would they know if you wanted to become a geologist further down the road?), you might also ask what purchases should you have made with the money you earned.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

So are you buying a Spirit or a stone? If you do a custom conjuration and have the Spirit bound to your spirit instead of a vessel you can even bypass paying for shipping.

As for PayPal, I think you just need an e-mail address to set it up and a checking account is just to list it as a verified address. I don't think you have to have one to have an active account and receive money. There are probably ways you can get some cash online. I used to play a free game online that I would win PayPal money from. It took a month or two just to get $5, but the point is that if you have friends you are close enough to ask for money for a Spirit, you can have a PayPal account going.

Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

When I started my journey with spirit keeping I had to keep everything a secret. My kids & I had to move back home with my parents (who are SUPER Christians) & I didn't even have a checking account (I had to close all my accounts when my husband died). So on top of having to make up white lies about my shipments (usually that they were gemstone beading supplies for the jewelry I sometimes make... ;) ) but I had to buy one of those Walmart prepaid Visa cards to pay for them. I hated (and still do..) to be all secretive & sneaky about it but my parents would flip their wigs & the drama that would ensue would just be hurtful to all involved, so it's better to just keep it quiet. All I can say is that if there is a will, there is a way & I wish you luck finding the best way to handle it! :hug:

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

I am a sophomore too. :thumbup:

If you are too paranoid about your parents snooping through your stuff (my parents are Christian and HATE that I'm a witch but know that I am) get a physical body binding, or get it shipped to a friend's house instead. :thumbup:

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

My best advice as someone who has been in your situation is to be honest about it first. Explain to them that you are on your own path right now and this is something that will help you. If they are open minded about ghosts and such show them some things on the forum maybe. I don't know about showing them the listing of the cambion though, but that's up to you. If then they still don't really understand, see if you have a friend who has their own paypal and ask to use theirs, if that doesn't work, you can buy a visa re-loadable card and put the money on that. Then in the CH checkout for the store, use pay with credit card instead of pay with paypal. You could probably always ask CH not to put any information in the bag as they put it all in the notes now anyway, and that way if your parents open the package all they will see is a rock and you can tell them you have a new found interest in gem stones LOL

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:My best advice as someone who has been in your situation is to be honest about it first. Explain to them that you are on your own path right now and this is something that will help you. If they are open minded about ghosts and such show them some things on the forum maybe. I don't know about showing them the listing of the cambion though, but that's up to you. If then they still don't really understand, see if you have a friend who has their own paypal and ask to use theirs, if that doesn't work, you can buy a visa re-loadable card and put the money on that. Then in the CH checkout for the store, use pay with credit card instead of pay with paypal. You could probably always ask CH not to put any information in the bag as they put it all in the notes now anyway, and that way if your parents open the package all they will see is a rock and you can tell them you have a new found interest in gem stones LOL

OOOH, I don't know If I agree with your advice as much as I respect you and what you always bring to the forum. Having been brought up in a totally restrictive household, if I was to have tried to be open with my parents--either one--about something like this, all hell (literally) would have broken out!!!! Sometimes honesty is best tread on very lightly. Not knowing their relationship, it's hard to second guess, I would just say perhaps to broach the subject sideways i.e. not from a personal point of view and if the reaction is volcanic--FORGET IT!!!!!........ :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

swannie wrote:
p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:My best advice as someone who has been in your situation is to be honest about it first. Explain to them that you are on your own path right now and this is something that will help you. If they are open minded about ghosts and such show them some things on the forum maybe. I don't know about showing them the listing of the cambion though, but that's up to you. If then they still don't really understand, see if you have a friend who has their own paypal and ask to use theirs, if that doesn't work, you can buy a visa re-loadable card and put the money on that. Then in the CH checkout for the store, use pay with credit card instead of pay with paypal. You could probably always ask CH not to put any information in the bag as they put it all in the notes now anyway, and that way if your parents open the package all they will see is a rock and you can tell them you have a new found interest in gem stones LOL

OOOH, I don't know If I agree with your advice as much as I respect you and what you always bring to the forum. Having been brought up in a totally restrictive household, if I was to have tried to be open with my parents--either one--about something like this, all hell (literally) would have broken out!!!! Sometimes honesty is best tread on very lightly. Not knowing their relationship, it's hard to second guess, I would just say perhaps to broach the subject sideways i.e. not from a personal point of view and if the reaction is volcanic--FORGET IT!!!!!........ :skull:
I only recommended it bc the poster said their parents were open to ghosts and spirits as an idea, I tried the sneak around and it made things 100 times worse in my household. I wish I had put it in the open from the beginning, then maybe it would not have seemed so evil. That's why I said to do it slowly. Introduce them to the idea, talk about different paths, if they seem open to the paranormal, maybe slowly start talking about a forum you are on, etc. You don't have to come out all at once. For me, I think being honest from the get go instead of being caught being sneaky is a better way to go. I grew up in a very restrictive household, my mother threatened to kick me out of the house when she found out about my path. I think though, if I had taken the time to really explain things to her (as I'm finding out now she isn't such a bad person and we are VERY similar she just buys into the guilt) things would have turned out differently. I understand not everyone should or can do this, but it's an idea that shouldn't be thrown out.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Naru
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
Zodiac:

THANK YOU all very much for the advice! I wasn't aware that the thread had been approved, sorry for the late reply.

Kenza- They can label it as "House Decor?" That's awesome! Though my parents would be suddenly suspicious if I suddenly took an interest in the way my room looks...(I'm a slob XD) But, maybe I can ask Magnolia or Ash if they could label it as something else...?

Abyss- I could play up the stone and say it was a rare kind that you can't get here. XD They'd go for that, maybe...Maybe I could buy something else from CH, and just say that the stone came with it.

Inedible- Truth be told, I'm a little afraid of a spirit being bound to my soul...otherwise I would. How does that differ than a spirit being bound to a vessel, exactly? And, thank you for Paypal advice!

Untaimed- Thanks for the encouragement! I know I'll find a way somehow! I'll just tread lightely, and take everything as it comes, I guess. :hug:

Psyclone- Woo! Sophomores! Yeah, I was seriously thinking of getting it shipped to my friends' house. Better, yet, even though my friend is christian, she's and her mom are interested in this kind of stuff, like me, so they could keep it on the down-low.

p'yunik- Yeah, something tells me that the Cambion would not be a good idea...(Just a hunch.) "Hey, mom, dad, I want to buy a sex spirit. So. How 'bout it?" That'd work real well. :lol: But, I think if push comes to shove, I will be upfront, but not so sure in the meantime, but thanks for the advice!

Swannie- I think that if I ever need to tell them, maybe I won't tell EVERYTHING. Or maybe not the really hard-to-swallow type stuff. If I just use the word 'Spirit', and not specify what kind, and that they won't do harm, or steal my soul, then maybe they'll be moreaccepting. I'm still a Christian (even though the Bible says I'm not...), and I still believe in God, but I just think that being a Spirit Keeper will help me grow closer to him. =)

Again, everyone thanks for the advice! :D I love how friendly the forums are, especially to n00bs. XD We n00bs can get eaten anywhere else. Love you guys! :heart:

Return to “General Questions”