EDIT & DELETE

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Can you please tell me exactly what you typed into Google to get that result? I have tried several people's blogs on Google & I can't get into anything when I'm not logged in. All it shows is the title & a few words from the first sentence, but any subsequent click leads me to the log-in page. I'll go try again, but I have to know exactly what is being done to produce those results in order to know what to do to correct the issue.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I just checked Bella's, OMG

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can someone please tell me what you guys are doing? If I go to Google & I type in "Ileana Starfire", I get the link, if I click on it, it takes me to the log-in page.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Magnolia, it is every one's
Type in whomever has a blog followed by Creepyhollows, then hit cached
it's visible with out being logged in
also tenured parts as well

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Can someone please tell me what you guys are doing? If I go to Google & I type in "Ileana Starfire", I get the link, if I click on it, it takes me to the log-in page.
I think they are talking about, not clicking on the link itself, but underneath the immediate link and block of text where it says "Cached".
I haven't checked this out regarding blogs, but generally if you click on "Cached" it takes you to the page as saved and stored from another time - sort of like giving you a snapshot of it rather than live and accessible. So therefore things can potentially be observed that way, and they seem to be saying that this applies to the blogs.
To alleviate this there would have to be some option for you to manage so that such content couldn't be viewed through the "cached" link. I have noticed that "cached" is not always an available choice that comes up in google searches, but not sure of the specifics. It may go beyond what can be done from just the forum admin controls.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

NoctemAeternus wrote:Here are a couple related, maybe helpful links I found -

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... 35301&rd=1

http://searchengineland.com/google-rele ... ools-10989
A quote from the second source:
By default, Google listings have a link to the actual web page as well as a cached copy of the page. Cached pages are where Google will show a searcher a copy of the page that Google saw without the searcher having to go to the actual web site. This is handy for searchers in cases where a page might no longer exist. However, site owners might not want these cached copies to exist at Google.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

^ Oops... can't edit, the top portion shouldn't be quoted, that's just my own text lol.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is what was happening & I've resolved it now...

Google was indexing the "home page" of each Blog, basically the list of titles of each thread. If you clicked on any one of the titles it would take you to the log-in screen. So, it would be in effect, a teaser to see all the titles, but without the permissions of being tenured you can't go into any of the threads to read the content. So you don't have to worry about someone reading your threads, they can't get into the thread without being Tenured, they can only see the Cache of the titles of the threads.

I removed the functionality of the Bots to crawl the Members Blog area, and I believe it takes a little time to go into effect, but it won't index any future posts made.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

... Nevermind I just had a weirdo editing double posting problem, ignore anything repeated or weird lol :problem:

Return to “Forum Suggestions”