Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You would need to determine what class fits you best. Everyone is different and some people are more sensitive to magic than others.

In terms of spirits, it is how powerful the spirit presents with their presence, so the class is determined by the spirit and their manifestation.

Whether you have a spell or spirit bound to a vessel, or to yourself, the class rating remains the same and bears no difference.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

creepyhollows wrote:You would need to determine what class fits you best. Everyone is different and some people are more sensitive to magic than others.

In terms of spirits, it is how powerful the spirit presents with their presence, so the class is determined by the spirit and their manifestation.

Whether you have a spell or spirit bound to a vessel, or to yourself, the class rating remains the same and bears no difference.
HI Magnolia, I have a follow-up question on the above. When determining what class fits us best, and how this is related to sensitivity, would the higher the class mean someone sensitive would be more affected/impacted by the binding? So would you recommend that a really sensitive person not familiar with each class's energy choose a lower class and a really new, insensitive person, start with a higher class? I usually choose between class 5 and 5t3 only because I'm new and I don't really know how sensitive I am. However, I'm trying to determine if this makes it more difficult to work with the binding or easier.

Also, in the case of spirits, can you explain what happens when using the recapture service to increase the class level of the binding? I am a little confused about this. I interpreted previous comments meaning that if a spirit originally manifests as say class 5 during conjuration and binding that having the binding recaptured to class 5t2 or 3 would not be beneficial since the spirit only manifested as class 5 to begin with. Does the recapture service / binding change the original conjuration to provide the spirit more ability / power to manifest its presence? Before choosing to recapture and increase class level should we be emailing CH support to find out if the spirit manifested a strong enough presence originally for this service to be beneficial?

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

HI Magnolia, I have a follow-up question on the above. When determining what class fits us best, and how this is related to sensitivity, would the higher the class mean someone sensitive would be more affected/impacted by the binding?

This is on a case-by-case basis not just with the person, but with the spell or spirit. Some people feel more sensitive to psychic magic, but not as sensitive to protective magic. Overall, you will find your groove with magic (in general), but there may be times when you feel more closer or connected to a certain path than others. This is also likely to change with time as well. The more integrated and powerful you become in working with certain paths, you will want stronger and more powerful spells to help you advance to the next level of work with magic. You can only grow as strong as you challenge yourself to be.
Also, in the case of spirits, can you explain what happens when using the recapture service to increase the class level of the binding? I am a little confused about this. I interpreted previous comments meaning that if a spirit originally manifests as say class 5 during conjuration and binding that having the binding recaptured to class 5t2 or 3 would not be beneficial since the spirit only manifested as class 5 to begin with. Does the recapture service / binding change the original conjuration to provide the spirit more ability / power to manifest its presence? Before choosing to recapture and increase class level should we be emailing CH support to find out if the spirit manifested a strong enough presence originally for this service to be beneficial?
Spirits and spells are different, and the origin class with which either a spirit presents themselves, or a spell is conjured, is then enhanced by the recapture. It's like looking at fine print on a piece of paper, you move a magnifying glass over the paper, and now the words are bigger, more defined and more pronounced. That is the best visual I can give to try and explain it, but it's always better to just start with the class that you want rather than going back and revising it later.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

creepyhollows wrote:This is on a case-by-case basis not just with the person, but with the spell or spirit. Some people feel more sensitive to psychic magic, but not as sensitive to protective magic. Overall, you will find your groove with magic (in general), but there may be times when you feel more closer or connected to a certain path than others. This is also likely to change with time as well. The more integrated and powerful you become in working with certain paths, you will want stronger and more powerful spells to help you advance to the next level of work with magic. You can only grow as strong as you challenge yourself to be.
Ah, I think I understand. This explains why I feel such strong response from, say, my Feather Flame for Power over 200 Third Eye Spells and not so much the same type of spell for power over 200 3 Body spells. Or, from a different angle, why I might feel a strong response from spirit communication bindings as compared to a lighter response from the protection bindings. I never considered the type of magic used, and my sensitivity to that specific path, having a part to play in this.
creepyhollows wrote:Spirits and spells are different, and the origin class with which either a spirit presents themselves, or a spell is conjured, is then enhanced by the recapture. It's like looking at fine print on a piece of paper, you move a magnifying glass over the paper, and now the words are bigger, more defined and more pronounced. That is the best visual I can give to try and explain it, but it's always better to just start with the class that you want rather than going back and revising it later.
Perfect, that's what I wasn't understanding. I had assumed the recapture was an enhancement, yet I was worried there was more to it than that.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Antares80
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: White Arts
Zodiac:

Hi, I had asked this on a new thread but someone linked me to this one (which I HAVE read)... I just don't know if i am missing something because though i got answers on my post, when i read this, it seems to contradict it... so I will try to rephrase here...
What i am gathering is that the class ratings have more to do with our interactions and the ease or difficulty we have with them and not so much the spirit's intended purpose.

Example: I have a C4 Courtwind angel. Is she less able to protect me than a C5 Courtwind angel? Or can she only protect against things that are C4 and lower?

A Boobrie, 3 Courtwind Angels and a WA familiar have joined me, all from Magnolia and CH <3

0x.
Raavak
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 12
Zodiac:

Class rating has nothing to do with the spirits capabilities or powers of protection or anything to do with the spirit really. It has to do with the magic bond that Ash and/or Magnolia set up between you and the spirit.

Antares80
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: White Arts
Zodiac:

Raavak wrote:Class rating has nothing to do with the spirits capabilities or powers of protection or anything to do with the spirit really. It has to do with the magic bond that Ash and/or Magnolia set up between you and the spirit.
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for, put into terms i understand. Very grateful :)

A Boobrie, 3 Courtwind Angels and a WA familiar have joined me, all from Magnolia and CH <3

0x.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually, the class system is a system that classifies the level of energy with which the spirits manifests themselves. We have a full description of the class system in our Encyclopedia :)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

OK-I do need to ask! I had bought three recapture stones for three of my spirits-I assume when this is done it's permanent-I went from class 4 to class 5, when should I consider doing a Recapture Service? I realized that with two of these Spirits I should have went Class 5 with, but with the one I got her from another seller way before I found CH-she had volunteered for it, although I believe she may have been a Class 3 or 4 but she wanted me to do it, mostly because she felt a boost wont hurt-is there any info I can be given like when should I have CH do the Recapturing Service compared to doing it myself? I know CH can't do spirits that came from another seller so I am ok with that, but I am concerned about doing it myself because I don't want to mess anything up! Also-sorry to be a pain on this one-what if I do the recapturing myself & the Spirit decides afterwards they would like a new vessel, with the class elevation still take effect or does it need to be redone? Thank You so very much from the bottom of my heart!

:3
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, when you use the Recapture stones or services, they are a permanent move. It also means that as they can be moved up in class, they can be moved down in class, it really just depends on what your goals are and/or the goals of your spirit companions.

Whether you have us perform the service, or you have a tool which we cast, is going to have the same ultimate result; recapturing the binding at the class desired. If you feel comfortable using the Recapture Stones, then you are find to do the work yourself :) You don't need to be suspect about your abilities, as long as you follow the instructions you will be fine :)

If you move the binding from the original vessel (which was Recaptured), to a new vessel the binding will be in the state of class it presently is in; if you Recaptured from a Class 4 to a Class 5 then when it moves it will be Class 5.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”