experiment with the iOvulis iPhone app Feb 24,2011

Know any items that make your Spirits happy or mad? Post here!
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Okay, I decided to try recording use with the iOvilus app using my new iPhone I bought today. I don;t know what to make of this app yet, and as you will see by my facial expressions, I am a bit confused by what words were being said. For now, I do find the ghostbox to be more accurate, despite not being able to make out what is being said..this was an experiment, so even i am not sure how "real" this app is. If you guys want, i can try recording more of these, but for now i decided to just post this lame attempt anyway, so people curious could have a look and listen. I had used it earlier when first installing it down in the lobby of my condo, and got the name Charles down there too, and a few others, and more random words. I cannot say what I think of this just yet.
so far, undecided. But boy, do i make some silly faces during this! What a spazz! ::facepalm:: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNB4SJxLtwk

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

I find with the iOvilus you get more random gibberish if you move it around. If you sit it somewhere and let it be still it gets quieter but the things it says at that point seem more interesting. I've had some interesting experiences with it.

You may want to try Ghost Radar too now that you have the iPhone. You might like the radar function that shows orbs on a grid where it picks up signals around you. Ghost Radar takes time to warm it up (leaving it set on low is best) but it doesn't matter if you move it around, that doesn't effect the amount of activity it gets.

With iOvilus though it's distinctly more active if you're touching/moving it.
::goodluck::

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...
AltarCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons/Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Does it work for the itouch? I'm interested o.o

~*Dua Anpu*~
My Tarot/Conjure Reviews: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39614
Conjurer/Witch/Tarot Reader of: Treeleafe Tarot | AltarCat Emporium | The Crystal Moon
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

FeyLady68 wrote:I find with the iOvilus you get more random gibberish if you move it around. If you sit it somewhere and let it be still it gets quieter but the things it says at that point seem more interesting. I've had some interesting experiences with it.

thanks for the tip!

You may want to try Ghost Radar too now that you have the iPhone. You might like the radar function that shows orbs on a grid where it picks up signals around you. Ghost Radar takes time to warm it up (leaving it set on low is best) but it doesn't matter if you move it around, that doesn't effect the amount of activity it gets.

got it?! tried it at work. i also downloaded something called PhantmRadar. is the ghost radar app that is free less better than the one you gotta pay for?

With iOvilus though it's distinctly more active if you're touching/moving it.
::goodluck::

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

TreeLeafe wrote:Does it work for the itouch? I'm interested o.o
I am pretty sure it does.

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Ooh, I haven't heard about PhantmRadar, I'll have to check that out. Ghost Radar is worth the purchase price I think, although kind of like iOvilus it doesn't always make sense but I've had some amazing hits with both anyway.
Last edited by FeyLady68 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Best wishes!

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

FeyLady68 wrote:Ooh, I haven't heard about PhantmRadar, I'll have to check that out. Ghost Radar is work the purchase price I think, although kind of like iOvilus it doesn't always make sense but I've had some amazing hits with both anyway.
i just removed phantom radar, as the paid version of ghost radar has the exact same thing. it just shows the coloured blips if a spirit is present.
I have been using the paid version of ghost radar all afternoon in the office!

I like how you can email the log to yourself!

i wish iOvilus had that feature.
I may try videoing myself again with another session, and this time wion't repeat the words said unless they don't seem clear, or sound different spoken that wehat it shows written :thumbup:

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Cool! And yep I like running ghost radar on low in classic mode with the letters and lines turned on graphically as well.

Oh and TreeLeafe I'm pretty sure most of these work with a Touch but the Touch has less sensors to utilize though.

Some others you might like are magic8ball and iCrystal which I think are both free.

And someone on the forum had mentioned iSaidWhat?! which isn't free but looks like it would be great for using to record and edit your usual ghost box sessions.

I also highly recommend VelaClock but I believe it's also a paid app.

Most of the paid apps I have are .99 cents or not more than $3 at most.

Best wishes!

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

FeyLady68 wrote:Cool! And yep I like running ghost radar on low in classic mode with the letters and lines turned on graphically as well.
i have been running it on radar mode all afternoon in the office.trying to figure out though how close the spirits are pertaining to where I am when they come into the circle. ::facepalm::

Oh and TreeLeafe I'm pretty sure most of these work with a Touch but the Touch has less sensors to utilize though.

Some others you might like are magic8ball and iCrystal which I think are both free.

And someone on the forum had mentioned iSaidWhat?! which isn't free but looks like it would be great for using to record and edit your usual ghost box sessions.
thank you, i was trying to remember the post and what the name of that app was! I don't mind paying for quality apps.
I also highly recommend VelaClock but I believe it's also a paid app.

Most of the paid apps I have are .99 cents or not more than $3 at most.

Raexis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 11
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I want to try these apps so badly, but I don't have the right kind of phone.

Maybe someday. xD

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night." –Edgar Allan Poe
:pumpkin:

Return to “Items”