New Book on the Djinn

Resources and links to information on djinn.
brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Being an intermittant fan of Coast to Coast AM radio show, there are a few topics I find I really enjoy. One being the Djinn. I've only heard one show dedicated specifically to them and the book they were describing has just been released for sale. My pre-ordered copy arrived Tuesday. It is called "The Vengeful Djinn: Unveiling the Hidden Agendas of the Genies" by Rosemary Ellen Guiley and Philip J. Imbrogno. As the title suggests, it does tread the topic of the Djinn VERY carefully, but the positive side is that it doesn't say all the Djinn are bad. It's a look into some legends, extra-biblical sources and the Qu'ran. I've only begun reading it. It does have a negative feel to it, but to get the good information from it, one has to wade through brown waters. To sum up the preface, the Djinn can be good, bad and very bad. Perhaps that's true. But it's also very much the same state as humanity. IMO, it comes down to relationships; one-on-one with the spirits. I think this is true in most everything, anyway.

:offtopic: Many good sources of information can come from literature that's wrapped in a steaming pile of opinion. Case in point, I have a book about giants (another topic I VERY MUCH enjoy) called "Genesis 6 Giants: Master Builders of Prehistoric and Ancient Civilizations" by Stephen Quayle. It's a hulking-sized book with drawings and photographs of very tall people/"Giants". Stephen is a Christian who sees Giants as all evil and spawned from the fallen angels. Approximately the first 1/2 of the book is talking about how terrible they were/are, that they're evil and going to eat us and oogie-boogie. In my estimation, a juicy load of caca. Despite his spewage, the second half of the book is about the histories and even relatively recent encounters of giants found in South America. Some names are given, references...pretty impressive. I don't recommend buying it new as I don't support Mr. Quayles tirades, but there ya go.

:rant: To further emphasize the warped sense of Mr. Quayle, on one of the Coast to Coast broadcasts, after talking about how horrible the giants are, he does go on to help us understand that we can kill the giants with solid copper bullets. That's great. Good information to all the close-minded folks following a worthless form of Christianity based on fear instead of the love and wisdom Jesus portrayed. Hmmm. I don't recall Jesus EVER saying to lock and load about ANYthing. Methinks Mr. Quayle gets Emmanuel mixed up with Rambo sometimes. I shouldn't judge, though because everybody does it. Don't they?

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
remington
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

:thumbup: thankyou i will check it out

cheers rach
brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I'm halfway through reading it and I'm finding they are doing a pretty good job of keeping things in perspective and not classifying the Djinn flat-out as demons, but the comparison is close. Acknowledgement of "good" Djinn is kinda rare. If the authors have a specific slant on their own religious affiliations, they're doing a good job at keeping it at bay for the sake of information. When I read this through again, I'll be notetaking, highlighting and rebutting. Just feel I need to do this in honor of the Djinn in my life. The book would be a less fear-invoking read if they'd reiterate that humans are in the same boat: good (learned), bad (ignorant--thinking they are learned) and very bad (stupid--learned but acting ignorant). They do not come from the perspective of spirit-keeping, so no hands-on experience can be learned. It's too easy to lump a few similarities together. EveryONE, everyTHING is different.

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

i would like to check out this book . thank you for posting this .

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Living Jinn Are different from the Spirit Jinns we keep. That said, It can be true that most of the jinn while they arent 'demonic' are very mischievous, and care little for humanity. While they are also "good" jinn in that bunch they are said to be a minority and usually stick to there own business.

brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:Living Jinn Are different from the Spirit Jinns we keep. That said, It can be true that most of the jinn while they arent 'demonic' are very mischievous, and care little for humanity. While they are also "good" jinn in that bunch they are said to be a minority and usually stick to there own business.
I was thinking that was the case. But it does make me wonder what makes the Djinn bound to my rings any different from the Djinn said to be bound to a ring belonging to Solomon. They are described as being more plasma-like (smokeless fire), but they don't seem to be much different as spirits than they were as entities. Some of my spirits were described by the sellers as being from smokeless fire like the Djinn, but they are not Djinn. I know one has to educate themselves about the validity of the sellers as well as listen to calling or intuitive pulling toward a spirit, but all checked out and the spirits I have, besides the true Djinn spirits, are as described...just perhaps not from the smokeless fire.

In regards to your statement, are you saying also that "most of the jinn...care little for humanity" is about the living Djinn only? That's what "The Vengeful Djinn" book continually states. But I find it odd that if most of the Djinn don't like humans when living, why are they getting bound for humans now? I guess it's a little confusing because the Djinn, the demonic and the angelic are much more alike among themselves than we are to them. From what I've been reading, spirits are very similar in their nature of light and dark as they were when alive. If that's true then I find it odd that dark-natured Djinn would be coming forward to be helpful and protectors or wish-granters of the very creatures some of them dispise. What is the difference or how would that change? Any more in-depth information you can direct me to?

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =68&t=8336

A Thread Vampirelover Just bumped. Very Informative. It can Mostly depends also on what people grew up believing. But personal experience, slightly altering your perception wouldn't change there true nature. I have a Living Jinn with me As Well as spirit jinns and they are vastly different. The other jinns are 'afraid' of her. Lets Just say she has more 'assertive' behavior. But She as well indeed fits most of the stereotypes you would hear about Islamic Jinn and Most Jinn Stories.

Like any other entity though that passes into spirit form, they are released from the burdens of this world, and will sort of see things in a whole different 'light'. Mag goes Over this. But the spirits Perspectives are more "New Agey" and "Universal Love" as they are no longer living and have ascended to higher states of consciousness. They are many threads though made by Mag though On the Differences and What to expect. As For "WHY" they would come through for a human whether Its living or spirit I believe that's subjective to the individual themselves and the Entity's Agenda.

Quoted from MAG:
"To start, there is a difference between a living entity & a spirit. A living entity will behave differently when alive then how they will act when they are in spirit form. Some things always remain the same, some things are different or do not transpire once in spirit form."

brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I have finished reading the book over vacation last week. I liked the book. Do I agree with it fully? Really, I don't know as I don't have the personal experience to back up my ideas. But the information is presented in a good way...not an either/or good/bad scenario. It does bring to light the shapeshifter abilities of the LIVING Djinn, which can make for some confusing scenarios should they portray themselves as something other than just Djinn. I'm just glad the authors aren't closed to the idea that there may be "good" living Djinn. And the book's promotion of the idea of the danger of the living entities of Djinn is well worth the warning. While I would love to see a conjoined effort of human and Djinn relations toward making the world a better place...truth be known, it probably just can't happen since humans can't get along amongst themselves. So I'll keep working toward the eternal realm and stick with spirits. :angel: And I truly do love the Djinn in my keep! :genie:

Blissed Be,
~Tony

remington
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =68&t=8336

A Thread Vampirelover Just bumped. Very Informative. It can Mostly depends also on what people grew up believing. But personal experience, slightly altering your perception wouldn't change there true nature. I have a Living Jinn with me As Well as spirit jinns and they are vastly different. The other jinns are 'afraid' of her. Lets Just say she has more 'assertive' behavior. But She as well indeed fits most of the stereotypes you would hear about Islamic Jinn and Most Jinn Stories.

Like any other entity though that passes into spirit form, they are released from the burdens of this world, and will sort of see things in a whole different 'light'. Mag goes Over this. But the spirits Perspectives are more "New Agey" and "Universal Love" as they are no longer living and have ascended to higher states of consciousness. They are many threads though made by Mag though On the Differences and What to expect. As For "WHY" they would come through for a human whether Its living or spirit I believe that's subjective to the individual themselves and the Entity's Agenda.

Quoted from MAG:
"To start, there is a difference between a living entity & a spirit. A living entity will behave differently when alive then how they will act when they are in spirit form. Some things always remain the same, some things are different or do not transpire once in spirit form."
where could one aquire a living djinn i dont know why but i relate so strongly to djinn

cheers rach
brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I've never seen one that even claimed to be living. They are very dangerous, even as a majority. They can pretty much be classified as good, bad, and very bad. Perhaps someday I'll encounter a living one--if it happens, that's one thing. As much as I love my own spirit Djinn, I personally won't go looking for a living one.

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Return to “Djinn Information”