Candle offerings

Know any items that make your Spirits happy or mad? Post here!
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0

When you guys offer scented candles to your spirits -- how long do you let them burn for??

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

It depends upon what I am doing at home. Usually 30 min at least. But of course, I always put them out before I leave the house. That's one of the reasons I like tea lights when I can get them in the scent I like.

It is my belief that for offerings, it doesn't matter if you let them burn all the way down, but with spell work, it is best if you can.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
gyuritej
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner

I usually let them burn for 15-30 minutes.

In my opinion its always the thought and intention that counts. I don't have a lot of money (ok, i admit it, I have basically no money haha) so letting them burn all the way down is much to expensive for me.

Crystallover
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

I'm tight on budget as well, so I usually let them burn for 1 hr or so...

I'm wondering if it's ok to burn it for all spirits together at once? Will they get enough "food" by sharing with others for one candle? :hungry:

Another serious question, will there be any harms/disadvantages to my spirits if other unwanted evil entities also come out and compete for the "food"? I don't know for candles, but one thing for certain, that most evil entities are very interested in incense cones. I've seen there were once many many dark shadows and black orbs lining up for the "meal"!! :devil: And hence I will never purchase any incense cones ever since then....

Rain
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Suess wrote:When you guys offer scented candles to your spirits -- how long do you let them burn for??
I use sented tealights for my Immortals and Djinn, so I let them burn out by themselves. :cloud9:

My destiny is to know what I don't know

Return to “Items”