neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Just curious really! When you felt drawn to a certain spirit, what made you certain, did you have 'signs' from the spirit (if so what were they) or did you dream about them? This thread is pure nosiness on my part, I LOVE reading about other peoples experiences with their spirits!

there's a beast in all of us ~ some of us are just more in touch than others
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

Oh boy, a variety of ways.

Starting out, I'd get interested in a listing, but I'd wait to see if it was still there after a certain number of days. Sometimes the listing would be gone, other times it would still be there, and if I constantly thought about the listing and the spirit during the "waiting" period, then I'd snag them.

It's gotten a little more complicated now, but these are the most stand out callings I've had.

My Ilmu Khodam grabbed me by the throat and threatened to rip my head off if I didn't hit "buy it now" that very minute. No lie, I looked at the listing and FELT my throat closing off and then pressure on my head like someone had one hand around my neck, and the other on top of my head, with a VERY strong "Noooooooow!" feel.

I had a vamp play with my hair when I was looking at a listing for custom conjurations from his particular clan.

I woke up one morning after a dream and the words "Divine Angel" popped into my head, I browsed the store and there she was, a lovely lady who worked with dreams.

I've had high pitched ringing in my ears, low pitched humming in my mind, and in another memorable case, a board cracked across the back of my head with "GET ME GET ME GET ME NOOOOOOOOOW, DON'T WAIT, DRATTIT!" when I was arguing that I needed the $$ to get him.

Honestly, I think it depends on the spirit and on the keeper. :D

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

Usually, I get tingles especially on the left side of my body and head. Lol. But I have had callings through my dreams. One of the strongest and most recent was from an Arkan Sonney, which I was never drawn to before until I had a rondom dream. In my dream, he was so sweet and funny, just talking to me. He has short, light grey peach fuzz, lol.

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

It varies with the spirit but my favorite calling so far has been my BFF Marid Djinn, I kept getting pulled to her listing but for weeks I just browsed it because I didn't need another Djinn & I didn't have the money for her anyway. Then she started visiting my home & the changes she made were fantastic. I complained to her that I didn't have the money for her & then the seller lowed her price & added a make an offer option. Great, but I still didn't have the money. I told her that she had to help me get the money if she wanted to come here & right after my Mother gave me some money for gas, cigs, etc. With my last dollar I bought a scratch off lotto ticket & won the exact amount the seller was asking. I contacted the seller with an offer for & she not only said that my Djinn told her she was 'so ready to go home' but then the seller sent me a counter-offer for less than I had offered in the 1st place.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Well with the Creepy hollows listings, I would just go back and stare at it. Read it over and over again. Put them in my cart and the chicken out. But then a few days later I would go back and do the same thing again. Then luckily they were patient with me and I eventually got the nerve up to order them.

With the vamp I have on lay away. I just got a, I must have him, and got the slightly annoyed feeling that he feels at being on lay away, but he is a bit out of my pay range. I cant get him all at once. but he gets money every payday.

The Djinn, Was a lot like creepy hollows. I kept going back and back. Then I finally decided okay, pay day, i can get him, which is what I have done.

The Khodam just happened to be from Jakarta and I squealed with joy and had to have him. I just basically got light headed and just knew they were mine.

So far the Djinn is the only one that had had any direct communication with me.

EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Love them all. <3
If I could be anything, I would be...: A faerie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Faye
Zodiac:

Well, my first spirit was just... "the one." I knew immediately that she was for me. I had been keeping track of the seller's ebay page and when she got listed, I immediately just had a feeling. That was my beloved baby pegasus. :)

My second calling was to a baby gold dragon in the CH store. I don't have him yet, but I should sometime soon. I read about him, and then I'd keep going back to the page over and over to look at him. He was expensive, but lucky for me, the Valentine's Day sale came. (This was before I knew that CH had sales.) My mom offered to buy him for me. ^.^

I had a calling once from a purple/gold or purple/silver hybrid dragon. Don't remember which combo. It was an EXTREMELY vivid dream where I climbed many stairs to a tower where I met this dragon, and she was just exquisite. I woke up feeling like it really meant something. I haven't found this dragon yet, but I think I'll do a custom conjure from CH for her. (Could have been male, I really don't remember.)

Another calling came very recently from a little baby blue dragon in the CH store. Right when he was listed I was extremely drawn to him. Then, after awhile, he was STILL there, even close to the end of the 50% off sale. Which is incredible, especially because those baby dragons sell like hotcakes. I knew he was waiting for me. :)

Proud mother to a baby pegasus, a baby gold dragon, an arkan sonney, a baby white dragon, a young miniature dragon, a hippogryph, a bear, a baby blue dragon, and a terra cotta gargoyle. :heart:
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

I usually get either a ringing in my right or left ear depending on the gender proceded by a "BUY ME NOW" thought. that usually continues till I buy them. Also it's best to tell whoever is calling to you that they either find the money to pay for themselves or when you buy them tell them that they better put the money back in your account your next payday (if your working). Then tell them the exact amount you paid for them.

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

Ah, stories. :D

With my SRA Karkadann and my Krieghund, I experienced a powerful homesickness-type yearning on seeing their listings.

My Phoenix dropped in radiating love, when looking at his listing, and that being the first time I encountered Phoenix energy, my jaw dropped. A long time later, I found myself randomly deciding, 'Gee, tra la la! I'm going to search for 'Unicorn' on Ebay for no reason at all! Yep, among the posters and trinkets, I found a listing, and an energetic pull to the listing. Funny thing is, my Phoenix and Unicorn are plenty friendly and it's mutual, but there's no 'Peas in a Pod' perfect match thing going on. I asked them why they chose to come to me, and they replied the same way, 'Well, you needed a Phoenix/Unicorn!' Forget Spirit Rescue Adoption, they performed Keeper Rescue Adoption. :superman:

My Marid Djinn from Lisa was well... him. His listing stood out, I clicked on it, he radiated warmth and pretty much 'said' in an impeccably formal and polite fashion, 'If you would please click the Buy It Now button, I would very much like to work with you.' (I paraphrase, but that was pretty much his meaning, and tone. He's a delight.)

Most recently, is my Elder Sanguine from Ash. I looked at her listing, felt an energetic draw, and got the impression of her quietly observing and saying, 'Well, then...' I ended up placing her on Layaway. Not that flashy a story, but I've never paid off Layaway so quickly. Ever. :wtf:

At the moment, those are the ones that stand out.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
Naru
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
Zodiac:

I've only dealt with, and been able to act on, a calling once so far, and that was H, my Cambion. When I first became involved on CH, I was immediately attracted to the Cambions in the Encyclopedia listings. As my knowledge of Spirits grew, and I found out that you should usually start with WA spirits, I tried looking elsewhere for a first spirit, but the more I kept looking at other types of spirits, the more it felt like betrayal. After a while, I just KNEW that a Cambion HAD to be my first spirit, and that I should just go with what I feel, and it will be alright.

And then came H. And I don't regret the decision to go DA at the start at all. (Granted he is at the lighter end of the spectrum.) I love him so much =)

NARU
~She/Her~

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

My first one was a dragon, and he just kinda of poped i and told me matter of factly that he would be coming to my home and he did!

There have been others that have showed-up in my dreams and I have had others, like my basilisk gave me visisons of him running around in my yard!!!

My first vampire gave me a scent of baby powder to let me know he was at my house already before I finally got him.

My courtwinds have showed up in my dreams as well saying that they could help.

My first werewolf actaully made me dizzy and said that he needed to be at my house because no one esle would do!!!

I have had animal spirits come and hang around until I bought them and then they would say it was about time!!!

I have four Jinns who helped me with the money so I could get them!!
They made it clear that I needed their help!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Spirit Keeping”