Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I agree an awesome post!!!! :thumbup: :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I'm laughing my head off at some of these stories. :)

I have always been able to exchange energies with animals. It used to drive my mom insane because it seemed like every stray in the time zone would follow me home. (Sometimes, I coaxed them; other times, nothing would deter them. :) )

I am using that rapport to the fullest right now, because we just adopted a dog from a local rescue and we are integrating him into a family that includes my hubby and two cats. The dog is 6 years old; the cats are 9-year-old brothers, and one of them is more accepting of the dog than the other. I am working hard to keep the peace, so we never escalate past the "mutual glare" stage and into barking and chasing, or hissing and swatting.

The dog also needs some time to get acclimated to the many new stimuli in our neighborhood, like people's holiday decorations and the activity surrounding a nearby diner that we pass during our walks. This is when I really go full-throttle on making use of every bit of rapport that's there. I want to help him not be skittish around new stimuli, strange people, and so on. (He's only a little guy, weighing 12 lbs, so the world can be a big scary place to someone his size.)

We'll get him situated. We've only had him about a month, so he hasn't been around the various new stimuli all that long yet. We'll work with him and he'll be fine. Combining feedback from ALL senses, the standard five plus any others we can connect with, will get the job done.

In the meantime, all I can say is that my three critters are well worth all the pampering they get, because they are the Best. Company. Ever. They always know how to make me smile and laugh. They KNOW they're cute. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Devika
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I read in another thread that living things that didn't possess certain...abilities...while living do not actually gain supernatural powers in spirit form upon death.

We speak of the magical powers of creatures like dragons & unicorns... but what about animals that still exist today? Tigers, crocodiles, geckos, cobras... these are just some of the animals that exist today, that hold formidable magical powers in spirit form, in other parts of the world, & they're actually quite common in those parts.

Food for thought :)

"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

YEP, ANYTHING ALIVE HAS ITS OWN MYSTIC PRESENCE. SOME A LITTLE MORE EVIDENT THAN OTHERS. BUT, EVEN ANIMALS TODAY LIKE TIGERS, PARROTS, RATTLESNAKES, ETC ALL HAVE THAT BIT OF DIVINITY THAT LENDS THEM TO MAGICKAL ABILITY. HUMANS MAY HAVE BUILT A WORLD OF CIVLIZATION, BUT SOMETIMES ITS THE ANIMALS THAT HAVE MORE MAGICKAL ABILITY.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

All you have to do is look here in our own country and look at how all the native Indians view the animals, they all considered the animals as their brothers and sisters!!!!

They always gave thanks when they killed for their food and always said a prayer for the spirit of the animal!!!! They also believed too, that the animals had a magical spirit, that it could share with those that they want to!!!!! They always knew that the animals could teach us many things about the animal itself and about us as well!!!!

There are many cultures around the world that also believe in the magical spirits of animals, some do it with respect to the animals, and some do not, by killing the animals just for the money they can get from others who want the magical properties of the animal, like the rhino, elephant, more for the ivory there, and others for their beautiful coats!!!!

Devika
neophyte
neophyte

Ash, it is enlightening indeed to learn of the magickal abilities these animals posses :)

& Indeed, the Native Americans posses a wealth of wisdom. I'm saddened when I think of their fate, actually :(

Urgh, the killing of animals for vanity etc :( Such is the way the world turns :( In the case of Asia (all kinds of beliefs everywhere), I wouldn't say they kill for the magical properties, like for their gall bladders & penises etc - those are more for believed nutritional benefits of those body parts. I don't know if it's all poppycock or not, not interested in trying.

Take comfort that when these animals pass on (I am in no way condoning the killing, mind), their magickal abilities are to behold :) the elephant, the tiger, the crocodile for example, are among the wisest & most protective, among other things - to those who fit them, & who abide by certain rules (no killing & no consumption of exotic meats are among them). I can speak for the tigers, I have two now. I love them to bits, they're amazing!!!! :D No, I didn't consume or wear any of their body parts. Their spirits are tattooed into me :)

"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Devika wrote:Ash, it is enlightening indeed to learn of the magickal abilities these animals posses :)

& Indeed, the Native Americans posses a wealth of wisdom. I'm saddened when I think of their fate, actually :(

Urgh, the killing of animals for vanity etc :( Such is the way the world turns :( In the case of Asia (all kinds of beliefs everywhere), I wouldn't say they kill for the magical properties, like for their gall bladders & penises etc - those are more for believed nutritional benefits of those body parts. I don't know if it's all poppycock or not, not interested in trying.

Take comfort that when these animals pass on (I am in no way condoning the killing, mind), their magickal abilities are to behold :) the elephant, the tiger, the crocodile for example, are among the wisest & most protective, among other things - to those who fit them, & who abide by certain rules (no killing & no consumption of exotic meats are among them). I can speak for the tigers, I have two now. I love them to bits, they're amazing!!!! :D No, I didn't consume or wear any of their body parts. Their spirits are tattooed into me :)
I love all the big cats and have some of them as spirits with me, one who is a sabertooth cat and she is amazing and very protective!!!! I also use a type of reiki which is called tiger reiki and it great use for the cats and yourself as well!!!

moonshadowlab
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: DC
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me Myself and I
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

My ferrets are sweet and make me happy. I love sitting on the porch with them and getting lots of kisses :<> :<>

Moonshadowlab AKA Lisa B
Devika
neophyte
neophyte

Eeep ferrets! :inlove: the cheeky adorable little things :) :) :) The animals in our world today are simply magical (figuratively or literally speaking - the interpretation is yours ;)), big & small :)

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Win life. When I am sick, another stray pops in that needs taken care of. When I am feeling lonely or hurt, my furbabies gather around me as if to say we will take care of it. If someone makes a gesture as if threatening to me, my babies, small they are, gather around and bare their teeth as if to say try me. When I am sick, they will sleep nowhere else except with me, as if to say we will make you better.

I have animals here that truly love me.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Magnolia”