Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

To some of us, maybe it's not so secret... the contributions of different animals to the energy, abilities, and paranormal power within & around us.

In the days of greater beasts & creatures, Red Dragons roamed the Earth instilling powers to increase prosperity & success of those they favored. Unicorns granted wisdom, protection, longevity of life, and healing powers to those deemed worthy. Countless record of creature after creature in historical texts cements for all those who are reading in the future that these entities complemented & assisted in the life of man. What happened? Where are those creatures to do that now?

I'm not so sure they have left us. Yes, gone are the days of magnificently sized creatures, the Earth's level of oxygen is no longer capable of supporting creatures of enormous size. It is known that the oxygen level of the Earth was once greater & allowed growth to what we would consider "extreme" sizes today. It would be impossible for creatures of that size to exist today, the oxygen saturation couldn't accommodate them.

However, why give preference of power to size? The creatures still with us today are capable of impacting our energy & influencing different aspects of ourselves in their own ways. I do not think anyone should discredit the possibility that the creatures we share our lives with on a regular basis, and not so regular basis, contribute to the collective & to individuals.

I will use our own home dynamic as an example. We often take in rescues & have fostered animals of varying type; dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, and even fish. There is a clear difference of impact between the different species & even individuals within a species. The interaction & level of contribution from each animals varies greatly. Certain animals stimulate & inspire different aspects of ourselves: Kit Kat as a strategist & predator, her presence awakens the mental agility & strategic thinking that she brings to all situations she is involved in, and when you are around her for any length of time you find yourself interacting with that energy & seeing the mental flow & process morph into that line of thought... Too (cat) is a serene & peaceful lounger who is highly sensitive to your moods & emotions and acts accordingly, prolonged exposure to her company settles your nerves, allows you to enter a more accommodating space of thought & spirit, and when around her prior to meditation, can provide you a good center before you begin. These are just two examples of contrast within our own home. And I can go on and on about the other animals we have & have had in our care.

However, it doesn't just extend to household companions. It extends to the wildlife around you as well. We have a lot of wildlife around us and even if you visited wildlife in a sanctuary or zoo, you find yourself identifying with animals in different ways, and their presence around you directly affects your mood, emotions, energy, etc. And, why shouldn't it? They are living entities just as you are, they are made of energy just as you are, and their impact on you is no different than any human.

Before I dig too deeply in this subject, what are your thoughts?

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

What a wonderful post Magnolia!!!! I have had quite a few animals in my life, dogs, cats, and horses. They were all so different and wonderful and came into my life just at the right time, for everyone had something to teach me at the time.

Also all the different wildlife that was a part of my life as well. I remeber when I was little, much to my grandmother's displeasure, I was always bringing into the house frogs, toads and snakes, hehehehe, for me they were just a part of my life and my friends.

Today where we live at we have deer, eagles, hawks, crow and a few ravens, not to mention all the little bird, and squirels, racoons and even a couple of possiums that come into our yard, even though we have a few cats and Millie our dog, it doesn't stop the wildlife from coming to pay us a visit!!!

I have also been blessed to see a wild wolf, and a few bears, one black and one brown. The black bear was when we lived out in Va. You can just feel the power coming from them!!! As for me I believe that no one ever feels the same way again after experincing seeing animals like that in the wild!!!

Anyway just sharing some experinces here, can't wait to see what esle you have about this!!! :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

We have some crazy birds here that start making noise at the crack of dawn & they never shutup!
They fly all around the house and start running into the windows, trying to mate with themselves and saying "pretty bird". :crazy:
I would really like to go outside and smack them with a broom ::rant:: because I have a headache and I haven't been able to sleep since spring started! :crazy:
So, yes, I can personally attest to the fact that different animals affect our moods differently. :lol:
I wonder if that's why the phoenixes I was looking at all rejected me as a keeper? I've always thought that the phoenix was an interesting legend & spirit to keep, but I really don't like birds. LOL

I have always been a cat lover. Big cats & small cats, doesn't matter, I just love them! :D
As much as I complain about my cat driving me crazy, she comes up and lays next to me when I'm sad, and she stayed right by my side & lent her energies to me when I was so sick that I thought I would die. :inlove:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Really interesting post, Magnolia. I definitely feel animals in the world carry energies that make them able to interact as a physical totem at times. And they're also easily tapped into by other spirits or gods who want to show a mortal a sign through nature. I wonder if the physical animals and birds also have relationships and one on one connections with spirit animals and birds...

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

I sure as heck know my dogs and cat change the energy of the room. love em to death for it :)

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I have no doubt what so ever in my mind that animals have connection with their own spirit animals!!!

I can't tell you how many times that my full grown cats have caught a bird and brought it into the house alive and gave it to me, which in return I thanked the cats for the present and then told them that it had to be set free. So I would let it free back outside. I have to do that with a rabbit and a many others that the cats brought to me.

The cats went upset by me letting the animals go, because they would come and sit on my lap and seemed very happy!!

There is much in nature that we don't know or even understand, but it is wonderful to watch and learn!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: no name

I love animals and have always believed them to be magical and feel emotions as we do. Who has not held there cat and felt told relaxation , as she has begun to purr, or the dog that gives unconditional love .
We have had scorpions, snakes and tarantulas that gave us joy just for the fact they would willing climb in our hands and let us hold them and be with us .

On the wild side , Im lucky to be able to experience a lot of wonderful creatures out here , they just come and I imagine as im watching what its like to be them.
The bats misunderstood , that if they were not with us we would probably all have malaria,
crows smart and cunning, coyotes hearing there calls to find each other , deer very curious, my favorite are the vultures we love watching them very funny they will bicker over the meal and then hangout with each other and do it some more reminds of grumpy old men at a poker game.
We had something happen here where a mother cow lost her calf she cried and mooed for 3 days straight, it made my whole family sad actually just to hear and watch this cow go through this, it was no different then if I lost one of mine , the cow was very sad and we could all feel it (by the way the calf came home ) .
I know this is strange to many ,I have always kept animal bones, for no other reason than to feel like I have a piece of that creature with me ( like I understand them).
Animals or no less important then us human beings .
:heart:

We must let go of the life we have planned,
so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image
TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

I can attest that my mother is more cheerful when she goes outside and listens or just sees our pet canary

Also in my room i have my aquarium my room is more calm and for some reason i cha kinda of feel the water elemental energies also my fish seem healthy and happy now if i could kill the algae from the walls of the tank i would be happy :P

Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: Pixie Flubbadub

I can attest that I'm more cheerful when my mother goes outside...or anywhere away from me.

Bringing Light since 2009

DISCLAIMER - nothing in this post is anything other than my own opinion and may not be even slightly interesting.
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

i can only give you from a clinical standpoint that studies have been done showing that owning a pet, and even being around animals actually increases the longevity of ones life. why? because they bring a calmness to us. coming home from work stressed our faithful companion will come to us wanting us to pet them. as we pet them the stress starts to dissipate as our hands run through their fur. they never ask for anything more than love from us.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Return to “Magnolia”