You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

Ah well... baby steps, I suppose.
I'M ALL FOR BABY STEPS IF THEY ARE GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

I THINK THEY UNDERESTIMATE THE POPULOUS THOUGH. I THINK THE GENERAL PUBLIC WOULD BE ENTERTAINED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE LESSER KNOWN SIDES OF THE PARANORMAL. WOULD EVERYONE BE OK WITH IT? NO. BUT THERE'S ENOUGH PARANORMAL STUFF ON TV NOW THAT THE GENERAL IDEA IS ACCEPTED.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Thank-you Ash for answering my question!! It still bothers me though as to why he would want a place so full of dark spirits, it is almost like boasting, saying see what I have done.

But maybe that isn't it either, maybe he gains something from keeping them.

I was just curious because it seems a little odd that he would keep some very dark spirits but then maybe he does know how to control them.

I just thinking on here is all guys was just curious, hehehehe

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
ASH
venerated member
venerated member

WELL YOU KNOW WHAT, SOMETIMES THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO TALK IT OUT. WHO KNOWS WHO MIGHT READ THIS THREAD. LET'S ASSUME SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY MAKES DECISIONS COULD READ THIS THREAD.

I'M CURIOUS TO KNOW, HOW WOULD EACH YOU MAKE A SHOW IF IT WAS COMPLETELY UP TO YOU, WHAT WOULD YOUR SHOW BE LIKE?

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
CrankyFish
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 57
If I could be anything, I would be...: MYSELF
My magical/paranormal name...: Mistress Catching Fire Burning Down Houses of Cards Amber Sun Rainbow Aura
Zodiac:

I would be kinda like Ghost Adventures (well, how they the early seasons anyway)...Give about 20 minutes of
an overview of a spirit "species/group" , the mythology & legends....Then interview people who are fond of conjuring
or collection said group. I also like the way Destination Truth is done, keep it real but keep it fun too. Show keepers and conjurers as not just reclusive anti social weirdos or whatever stereotype, but as the girl or guy next door.

Or maybe go reality TV style & have 7 strangers, picked to live in a house, and bring all their spirits with them.
Night vision cams everywhere, audio, heat sensors, the works! :)
Last edited by CrankyFish on Thu May 05, 2011 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Merlaighn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: ...Gryphon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Merlaighn
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:WELL YOU KNOW WHAT, SOMETIMES THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO TALK IT OUT. WHO KNOW WHO MIGHT READ THIS THREAD. LET'S ASSUME SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY MAKES DECISIONS COULD READ THIS THREAD.

I'M CURIOUS TO KNOW, HOW WOULD EACH YOU MAKE A SHOW IF IT WAS COMPLETELY UP TO YOU, WHAT WOULD YOUR SHOW BE LIKE?
If I were going to do a show, I'd plan to do episodes alternating between "dark" and "light" aspects of the paranormal/spirit keeping and set them into arcs. For a full season, I'd dedicate three episodes to an arc dealing with a particular belief system and that paranormal aspects of that system. For example, I'd discuss Islamic lore surrounding Djinns, positive and negative aspects, interviews with people who have had experiences that are both positive and negative, do research into the whys and wherefores of each experience, and stress at the end of the arc that the experience of each person who has dealt with an entity like this comes away with it differently. The paranormal has different effects on each and every individual that comes into contact with it. One man's devils are another's angels...and so forth and so on, and that the paranormal is intensely personal as an experience. It'd be more or less about the lore and duality of creatures and entities.

3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: no name

Why not make a show that actually shows how spirit keeping has helped people , Im sure everyone of us could tell a story of this and that’s is not all boogeymen and dark shadows - just a thought shown in a positive way.
But also show that some people enjoy and love keeping boogeymen and dark shadows ! :evilbat:

We must let go of the life we have planned,
so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Okay Ash, my show would probly be boring, because I would want to show the truth with dealing with a subject like this, spirit keeping. It would not have all the giltz that hollywood would like, or all the scary stuff that people today like to see. So it wouldn't last very long or more in likly never make it to the silver screen in the first place because it just wouldn't sell!!!

Oh well, I wasn't looking for a tv show anyway, hahahaha!!!!

I like the real stuff that I experince everyday in spirit keeping :D

So if people want to know about it, they need to experince it for themselves!!!!

stafire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Great question and answers! Remember when the ghost hunting shows first came out, way back when, it was Most Haunted, now there are probably at least 10 of them. There's a definite possibility that if this first show stays around, there will be many others. Very cool.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
ASH
venerated member
venerated member

I LIKE THE IDEAS YOU GUYS ARE GIVING :thumbup: I THINK IT'S A GREAT DISCUSSION TO KNOW WHAT EACH OF US WOULD DO IF WE COULD DIRECT TV.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Raexis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0

I like reading everyone's ideas. :D

This is the kind of show I'd like to make:

I think it would be interesting if people with vivid experiences communicating with spirits (through dreams, astral projection, visions - things people other than that person can't see) were interviewed in great detail about these experiences. Then they could work with an artist to show the world what these spirits, places, and interactions look like. Maybe they could put together a storyboard, a series of images, or an animation.
A brief "intro" might be helpful before each person's story/experience - for example, "My name is xyz. I've been keeping for x years. I have x amount of spirits with me/mostly (wa/da)/a strong interest in (Dragons/Fae/Vampires)/etc. It would be cool if the intro could include showing people's altars or meditation spaces so that the viewers can see that "normal" people do this kind of thing. We don't walk around with capes, live in dungeons, and etc (not speaking for everyone, of course =P ).

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night." –Edgar Allan Poe
:pumpkin:

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”