Awave
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Just finished watching the first episode!
I'm not sure if I would want to visit his museum, this is where he keeps all the haunted items that he finds from his investigation:

http://www.johnzaffisparanormalmuseum.com

Don't let Mr Bojo's cute appearance fool you! :)

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

omg ash ya i remember amy from discovery emailing me like 3 or 4 different times and asking how i got interested, how i found ch, what do i have, did i have any antiquity pieces, etc. i really thought at that point the ch show was a no brainer. still hope they do something with it.

dark always seems to be more interesting in the paranormal field because there is more of a chance that it will be hostile if provoked. if they know there is a possibility of a nasty spirit around it's going to get more interest than a light spirit who would never lash out and they are concerned with ratings so, dark will win out mostly.

most haunted was always the funniest show i ever watched and stewart was always getting the dump on it seemed, lol. i liked ghost hunters up to the point where they started with the "guest investigators" and especially when they bring other syfy stars on - i mean, nah. the gac group is always interesting although not sure i think their style of provoking and screaming is necessary all the time but they've had some pretty decent shows and investigations. i really thought the klinge brothers had an interesting idea and no guest investigators!

honestly i'm not sure about john zaffis' haunted collector since i've only watched the one show so far. professionally he is a world renowned demonologist up in the ranks with the warrens and he has logged in the man hours and paid his dues so we'll see. it may be that some people just do not come across as interesting in front of the camera. tv shows are all about ratings and if viewers watch, it might stick around, if not it'll get cut.

now maybe if they had a show like american pickers "haunted pickers", there that sounds good, lol, that could be catching. could also bring out all the loose screws though too. a couple of collectors could travel around to leads they get from a behind the scenes assistant and pick up pieces with paranormal energy and such. idk, lol. that would be my idea and through the show when things are found it could be discussed and if there was a spirit bound and identified to educate the viewers. like i said, idk. ;)

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
LightMaven
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 69
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ifrit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: Light Maven

My husband & I sat to watch an episode tonight. For the second location as they toured through it we picked out pretty quick which items would end up haunted & needing removal to the museum. Funny how so far it is the most valuable or collectible item even from a non-haunted standpoint that winds up being the most haunted.

Having grown up with several years of Kovel Antique Pricing Guides as our coffee table books I could scan a house & pick out the most valuable pieces, too.

I know it's being said that this guy has a good reputation in the field, but so far I'm just wanting to cry Scam!

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

A little off topic, but I was on Squidoo and came across this topic, some of the stories a very interesting http://www.squidoo.com/hauntedantiques

Merlaighn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: ...Gryphon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Merlaighn
Zodiac:

LightMaven wrote:My husband & I sat to watch an episode tonight. For the second location as they toured through it we picked out pretty quick which items would end up haunted & needing removal to the museum. Funny how so far it is the most valuable or collectible item even from a non-haunted standpoint that winds up being the most haunted.

Having grown up with several years of Kovel Antique Pricing Guides as our coffee table books I could scan a house & pick out the most valuable pieces, too.

I know it's being said that this guy has a good reputation in the field, but so far I'm just wanting to cry Scam!
Totally agreed. The guy does pick out the most expensive stuff. I would have laughed if they'd tried to take that oven/stove thing away. :x I really don't like the guy and can't say I'm a fan. He's just so...off. I think he even ticks his investigators off. >.<;

3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: no name

I liked the show ,the only thing that bothered me was the lady with the music box that her mother was attatched too , it would have been nice to me if they talked to her and had her keep that ,I wonder if she changed her mind if she could get it back ? :problem: there is no way I would part with something that my mothers energy was with-but that is me.but overall its a good show. :thumbup:

We must let go of the life we have planned,
so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Topics merged.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamp and djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Jezebelle
Zodiac:

Ok since everyone is talking about this show, and i am living in stupid europe (we get films only afther a few months and some television shows never ... yeah europe... its old, it smells and u are always the last in the world to know) i am gonna download it. Now i am very curious. How many episodes are there yet?

xxx
Jezebelle

Never regret anything, because at one time... it was exactly what you wanted
Light Night
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Can't pick one
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal or demigod
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Emrys which means immortal also Merlin name ;P

Two eps you can download them from oneddl.com or rlslog.net if you have account. :thumbup:

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."
-Buddha
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamp and djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Jezebelle
Zodiac:

Ok i have watche 1 and 1/2 episode...

First of all, no offence, but this is a little typical american. We only see the investigation (3/4 of the show) and the quickly he grabs something extremly cool and worth some money. Both the cane and the music box I would like to have too. They are very nice antiques. Like somebody said before why doesnt he explain to people how to communicate, that they can keep the object, maybe an excorscism on the object? Bc with the music box there was sentimental value involved. Now she lost it. Nice ... NOT! I would never give anything away so precious... if anything happens to my mom, even her room would stay the same so i could sit in it and smell her... I wouldnt even change the sheets! So if he came along and said : i am gonna take the most precious thing that your mom owned away ... lets say his bumpie bumps gonna hurt badly. :p

What i do think is cool is the recording of voices. I will definately try that at home. I have felt forever haunted here. Not that i mind but when i am alone it can scare me sometimes. I have to say i slept with my mom till i was 16 years old (then i moved with my bf :-) ) and today i am more calmed down and i know they can't hurt me so i finally sleep alone.

It seems though as the second episode got more action in it then the first one ... I am gonna save it to see in an hour with my mom.

But Ash is right the show has really a glow of 'lets scare some americans with the occult' vibe hanging on... they make it way more scary ... but hey its sensation and entertainment thats why its called tele isnt it?

xxx Jezebelle

Never regret anything, because at one time... it was exactly what you wanted

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”