Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 69
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ifrit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Light Maven

As for the EVP's they caught. The one that was incredibly lengthy & the investigator got all googly excited talking about how rare it is to catch a complete sentence...

My husband & I both looked up at the same time & said, "Radio signal"

It sounded very much like she had picked up some bleed over from a stray radio signal. Even the cadence of the words sounded like a radio voice.

And it really bothered us that they debunked in the baby's room by finding that electrical panel on the outside of the wall from the crib. Did they even bother to tell the woman they found this & advise her to rearrange the furniture in the room? Get the crib away from that wall?

At least on 'Ghost Hunters' (which so much of that is faked) when they find something in the home that could be harmful to the residents they point it out to them.

jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamp and djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Jezebelle
Zodiac:

Lightmave I was just thinking the same about that cribb!!! I was like : inform the mom because no mom would wanne have that near her baby... But I guess he didn't, he was too busy which object was worth the most ... it seems to me like he always chooses the most expensive one and then he takes it. Its another way to become rich :p

But i was surprised by the gun they took from under the house... that was very scary ...

Never regret anything, because at one time... it was exactly what you wanted
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

lightmaven, i think they did inform the mother of the electrical panel on the outside of the room and how that was giving off the emf that could cause the phenomena experienced. really, this guy is world renowned although it seems he might not have the best tv personality, but that doesn't take anything from his knowledge or how he is called to help people and has been doing so for like 40 years. i'll admit the show is a bit stuffy compared to other ghost hunting type shows (which really don't show how some paranormal investigations do turn out to be boring).

as for him being interested in the items well as it is called "haunted collector" the items are what he is trying to find since there are problems in a place to have him called in. not sure it will be one of the channel's more popular shows, but john zaffis is who he is and at his age and status i'm sure he'll take the show not being renewed with no issues and just continue doing what he has done.

i felt bad for the lady with the music box but he gave her a choice and she could have kept the music box....they informed her of their findings and she could have said "thanks but i think i can handle what's going on knowing it's my mother so i'll keep it here". myself, i have only pictures and a cedar chest left from my mom and i can tell you right here if i had a music box she treasured (or any item for that matter) there is no way haunted or not that i'd give it up. so, sorry to say, that's on that lady if she has regrets in the future - she should have kept it and dealt with the occurrences, i would have for sure! i can't even get a medium to get my mom to talk to them. ya, i'd have kept it.

he does his thing and hears his own drum beating is all i can say other than i enjoy the show since it shows us what we might be able to key into energy wise from spirits if we search for them as well. after all, aren't we "haunted collectors"? just some thoughts.

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Hey crone,

Well we do have to keep in mind that its still television. I don't think anyone has a saying in the show but only the makers. They decide the montage of the whole episode. I don't doubt John knowledge. I have to say he is reacting normal to everything. He doesnt make a scene like other people would do. So thats a good thing about the show, they tell you : don't be scared.

What did you think about the pistol they found?

LightMaven
new here
new here

Well, I get that they have to edit for entertainment. I would imagine that would be very difficult to do in some instances. Growing up we lived in the old family homestead all during high school. The house was very haunted & most of the activity was centralized in my bedroom. But even though I could feel the presence there a great deal of the time during the five years I lived in that room only once did anything manifest into something that could have been caught on videotape had a camera been handy.

I think it is not reasonable to expect the spirits to jump up & perform for the equipment just because the investigators have it set up for a few hours.

It seems to be the reality of Reality TV is that inevitably it doesn't capture reality so much as reality conforms to be captured. I think it is human nature for us to adapt to circumstances. So even in non-paranormal shows the people in them change as the seasons go along. They can't seem to resist playing more to the cameras the longer the cameras are there. The presence of the cameras becomes their reality.

I hope that Mr. Zaffis can resist this phenomenon for awhile. I actually find his somewhat deadpan personality to be very refreshing & one of the most enjoyable things about the show for me.

jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

When is the new episode coming? Can you post me when they air it? Is it every week or so?

LightMaven
new here
new here

New episodes air Wednesdays at 9/8central on Syfy.

You can catch reruns of the episode at various times during the week after it airs. Check out syfy.com & you can probably find all the air times.

jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thnx lightmaven,

But i have to download it anywayz because i live in europe :(

jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Gonna watch episode 3 now! :silly:

LumerianPriestess
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 7
Zodiac:

I gave this show a watch after reading what everyone else here said about it.

I have to say, I found it incredibly cheesy. :( Interesting, none the less - especially where they found that gun under the lady's home in the crawlspace. I think the presentation could be a lot better, though - as it is, the show just seems like they've ripped off their format from Ghost Hunters.

Solitary Practitioner, Gray Witch, Will Cast For Food!

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”