Starting to think the colors are a bad idea.

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Love them all. <3
If I could be anything, I would be...: A faerie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Faye
Zodiac:

MysticStar wrote:Hi Earthspirit :wave:
there is a write up here
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 51&t=10082
Thanks. :)

I mean more of a reminder from Magnolia and Ash of the reasons WHY we use the color system. I guess that link sort of covers it, but I was thinking more along the lines of, "The color system is in place so new members know who is more experienced in the field of the paranormal, not because some are more valuable than others," type of thing.

Proud mother to a baby pegasus, a baby gold dragon, an arkan sonney, a baby white dragon, a young miniature dragon, a hippogryph, a bear, a baby blue dragon, and a terra cotta gargoyle. :heart:
Merlaighn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: ...Gryphon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Merlaighn
Zodiac:

:grouphug: Much love. Respect for all will really help each and every one of us. :inlove:

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Personally I think Color is Irrelevant to One's Knowledge and Experience in the paranormal, as this is mainly a spirit keeping forum I can understand. Spirit keeping is only one of many facets of the paranormal. So If one is very experienced and knowledgeable in spirit keeping, then I think they have earned there color. But that still has nothing to do with the paranormal as a whole. That's where I see the limit.

Still plenty of juicy discussions about the Paranormal I enjoy.. Blue, Green, Orange, Grey. Dont matter to me, so people should remember not to mix both up. ^__^

When one Says one Person is more "Knowledgeable" in the Paranormal Vs. Being more "Knowledgeable" in Spirit Keeping. I don't think they understand what each other is talking about lol.

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

Personally I think Color is Irrelevant to One's Knowledge and Experience in the paranormal, as this is mainly a spirit keeping forum I can understand. Spirit keeping is only one of many facets of the paranormal. So If one is very experienced and knowledgeable in spirit keeping, then I think they have earned there color. But that still has nothing to do with the paranormal as a whole. That's where I see the limit.

Still plenty of juicy discussions about the Paranormal I enjoy.. Blue, Green, Orange, Grey. Dont matter to me, so people should remember not to mix both up. ^__^

When one Says one Person is more "Knowledgeable" in the Paranormal Vs. Being more "Knowledgeable" in Spirit Keeping. I don't think they understand what each other is talking about lol.
I DON'T SEE IT LIKE THAT AT ALL. THERE'S QUITE A FEW PEOPLE ON HERE WHO ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN MAGICK & SPIRIT KEEPING, SOME IN PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION & SPIRIT KEEPING, SOME IN COMPLETELY UNRELATED TOPICS, IT DOESN'T MATTER. THE POINT OF HAVING A COLOR ISN'T YOUR AMOUNT OF KNOWLEDGE, IT'S YOUR AMOUNT OF TENURE HERE & YOUR AMOUNT OF PARTICIPATION. END OF FILE. THAT WAY, IF SOMEONE NEW COMES ON HERE & SAYS "WHERE CAN I FIND X" THEN SOMEONE WHO'S ACTUALLY BEEN HERE AWHILE CAN POINT THEM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION & THE NEW PERSON ASKING KNOWS AT A GLANCE THE PERSON IS SOMEONE WHO'S BEEN HERE LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

THERE'S A FEW PEOPLE ON HERE WHO COULD TALK CIRCLES AROUND THE PARANORMAL, MYSELF & MAGNOLIA INCLUDED, MANY ASPECTS OF IT. SPIRIT KEEPING MIGHT BE THE TOPIC DU JOUR BECAUSE IT'S THE NEWEST THING IN THE PARANORMAL COMMUNITY THESE PAST FEW YEARS, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT'S THE LIMIT OF KNOWLEDGE ON HERE.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

i disagree and see the colors as differentiating length of time here in the forum. personally i'd rather help the "white" names and new members because they are less likely to have preconceived ideas set in stone and are more like sponges willing to learn all they can.

obviously a person with tenure of 4 1/2 years in the forum will have more knowledge from ch than a newer member and it's our job to make sure the newer members are given access to the same information we had at our disposal. the colors have only been used in relation to time within the forum and posting activities - just because a person's name is in blue does not mean they might know all that another will or even as much as a green name might know, all it means is they have been here longer. hope this helps! :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
jsross79
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 350
If I could be anything, I would be...: 58
My magical/paranormal name...: jsross79
Zodiac:

Well said Ash :applause:
I know I am new to this forum but am not new to spirit keeping. I have been a keeper since 2007 but this does not mean that I know everything. I have been reading many things in this forum that I did not know. I know for me I am glad to learn anything and everything from anyone No Matter their color. For the most part I don't even pay attention to your color but I do read and respect your post and oppinions. No one should get blasted for posting what they feel or question. That is what a forum is for- to get together with people of like mind and discuss what is on your mind :daze: . As for me I will keep posting and asking question if I don't know something and I hope everyone will help me grow and learn to be a better spirit keeper and person. :grouphug:

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels

I agree that respect should be extended to everyone. :thumbup:
However, I have been a practitioner since I was 14.
I have been seeing and hearing spirits of various types since birth. :candlep:
I have been here on the CH forum since 2009. ::ch:: :computer:
I don't think that my current lack of blue or green :rainbow: coloring is any indication of the knowledge that I have gained in all of that time.
Everyone has something to offer and it should be done in a way that is respectful and the "other forums are worse" excuse should not even be used here. 2cents :peace: :heart: :grouphug:
I'm all for keeping the peace here no matter how many times I have to keep bumping the rules. :rules: :) :peace: :computer:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I understand about the colors and I for one am glad that these people are here, for in order for me to learn, I need to hear it from people who know and have had more experince then me. It doesn't mean that everyone here knows all of it, expect for Ash and Magnolia, they have had years of experince, and there are others here too that have years of experince!!!! I may have had years of being around spirits, but that doesn't mean I know everything about them!!! I know I have a lot to learn and that is one reason why I am here!!! The other being I have ment some really wonderful and interesting people here!!!!

It has been a wonderful experince and is like family for me!!! Yeah maybe I don't get out much, but during the week I work and I stay home, on the weekend different story, hubby is always taking me somewhere, hehehehehe.

Love all of you new and old alike, hehehehehe :silly: :grouphug:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Bella wrote:I agree that respect should be extended to everyone. :thumbup:
However, I have been a practitioner since I was 14.
I have been seeing and hearing spirits of various types since birth. :candlep:
I have been here on the CH forum since 2009. ::ch:: :computer:
I don't think that my current lack of blue or green :rainbow: coloring is any indication of the knowledge that I have gained in all of that time.
Everyone has something to offer and it should be done in a way that is respectful and the "other forums are worse" excuse should not even be used here. 2cents :peace: :heart: :grouphug:
I'm all for keeping the peace here no matter how many times I have to keep bumping the rules. :rules: :) :peace: :computer:
Off topic but on topic at the same time,
Bella - I was considering recently that I really think you should be journeyman by now. Apply for it!

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

I've been thinking about this post for awhile. I take the colors in the same way I believe they were intended, to show the length of time/participation in the forum. I liken it to being at my place of employment. I just moved into a new group and am learning a new job. Obviously, everyone there has been in the group longer than I have. Some as much as 10 years, some as little as 3 months. Everyone has varying degrees of experience, but it doesn't necessarily mean the person who's been there the longest is the most equipped to train me personally. Could be, could not be. If possible, I learn what I can from each person and try to minimize my interactions with ones whose energy doesn't mesh well with mine. In some cases, someone who has been there for a shorter amount of time is actually very knowledgeable about certain things and I can gain from them. Also, because I've only been in the group for a few weeks, it doesn't mean I don't have experience elsewhere that could benefit myself and others in this role.

If I personally apply that to the forum, I may pull my learnings from blue, green, orange and white. But not all or none of any of those. There are some blues, greens and oranges who I read everything they write and can relate to/believe 99% of what they say. There are some blues, greens and oranges who's posts or advice don't resonate well with me, so while I appreciate anyone willing to post a response, I move on to find something that does sit well with me. And some in between. I think people are very smart and can see for themselves who is posting thoughtful, insightful and guiding posts, regardless of color. I myself am going to learn from someone not only giving the answer to my question, but also a reason why they have found that be the case. I am less likely to put stock in a response from someone who asserts somethings as fact without reason/back-up, regardless of what color their username is. I know others learn differently and that's the beauty of a forum as diverse as this.

Someone (and I apologize, I don't remember who it was) posted some informal guidelines for the forum that I came across when I first started using the forum and one of the first items on the list was something about color not necessarily dictating how knowledgeable someone is. I've always kept that in mind and try to judge someone's experience based not only on how they present their knowledge, but also in the way they treat other people rather than color.

Just my two cents :)

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X

Return to “Forum Suggestions”