Starting to think the colors are a bad idea.

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

Farrell wrote:I've been thinking about this post for awhile. I take the colors in the same way I believe they were intended, to show the length of time/participation in the forum. I liken it to being at my place of employment. I just moved into a new group and am learning a new job. Obviously, everyone there has been in the group longer than I have. Some as much as 10 years, some as little as 3 months. Everyone has varying degrees of experience, but it doesn't necessarily mean the person who's been there the longest is the most equipped to train me personally. Could be, could not be. If possible, I learn what I can from each person and try to minimize my interactions with ones whose energy doesn't mesh well with mine. In some cases, someone who has been there for a shorter amount of time is actually very knowledgeable about certain things and I can gain from them. Also, because I've only been in the group for a few weeks, it doesn't mean I don't have experience elsewhere that could benefit myself and others in this role.

If I personally apply that to the forum, I may pull my learnings from blue, green, orange and white. But not all or none of any of those. There are some blues, greens and oranges who I read everything they write and can relate to/believe 99% of what they say. There are some blues, greens and oranges who's posts or advice don't resonate well with me, so while I appreciate anyone willing to post a response, I move on to find something that does sit well with me. And some in between. I think people are very smart and can see for themselves who is posting thoughtful, insightful and guiding posts, regardless of color. I myself am going to learn from someone not only giving the answer to my question, but also a reason why they have found that be the case. I am less likely to put stock in a response from someone who asserts somethings as fact without reason/back-up, regardless of what color their username is. I know others learn differently and that's the beauty of a forum as diverse as this.

Someone (and I apologize, I don't remember who it was) posted some informal guidelines for the forum that I came across when I first started using the forum and one of the first items on the list was something about color not necessarily dictating how knowledgeable someone is. I've always kept that in mind and try to judge someone's experience based not only on how they present their knowledge, but also in the way they treat other people rather than color.

Just my two cents :)
Very well put Farrell! Two thumbs way up! :thumbup: :thumbup: :hug: :peace:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
Merlaighn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: ...Gryphon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Merlaighn
Zodiac:

Gonna agree with Seer, very well put, Farrell. And that is how I see things as well. :clap:

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

Farrell wrote: I've always kept that in mind and try to judge someone's experience based not only on how they present their knowledge, but also in the way they treat other people rather than color.

Just my two cents :)
:thumbup: :applause:

Greetings,Tasha
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

EarthSpirit wrote:Hey, I was reading through Princess's post about Reiki dragons and conjurations and it just brought up a few things in my mind that I've been meaning to get out. This is a completely peaceful post, and there is no blame, only points that I think are valid and that should be heard.

Though it is true that the members in blue or green are more experienced than the members in orange or white (in PARANORMAL fields, remember), I don't think that should mean that a member in white or orange should be blasted for disagreeing with them. Just because someone is blue or green doesn't mean they're a god that knows EVERYTHING. I once disagreed with a blue member about something COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THE PARANORMAL. It was about a medical issue that I MYSELF deal with, making ME an expert on it. Yet, because I am a member in white, disagreeing with a member in blue, I get blasted. Even though, the subject at hand had NOTHING to do with the paranormal, meaning that the blue and I were on level playing fields, or even that I was on a higher one, being that the topic was something that I deal with in my day to day life. Your color does not define your knowledge or the importance of your opinion on every single topic in the world.

Now, there are two sides to every story. Yes, the blues and greens should be respected. But you know what? EVERY color should be respected. We are all people. Are we forming status pyramids here on CH? I'm at the bottom because I'm white? That doesn't sound right to me. All opinions should be heard and respected, and if someone blows up at someone else, it shouldn't be unacceptable because of their COLOR, it should be unacceptable because NO ONE should talk to ANYONE that way. Does that make sense?

Also, I am sick of a lot of generalizations I'm hearing where people will make broad statements about "newer members." It's like a new form of racism. :/
IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THE VERY PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HAS TAKEN HITS FROM THE CLOWN SECTION OF THIS FORUM FOR A LONG TIME AND ARE BLOODY SICK OF IT....anD GUESS WHAT MORE THAN LIKELY BY THE END OF THE MONTH THERE WILL BE NO MORE THAT 1 POSSIBLY 2 BLUE MEMBERS AROUND..SO YOU'LL GET YOUR WISH, MOST LIKELY....

There are people here both young & older, both new and very experienced....And these people get along...... But there are some people on this Forum that just can't stop raising the roof...This post is just another one...Why aren't you talking about something that relates to mysticism???

And lastly what you don't get is there are a lot of new people who have been beaten up and have already left...I think I have mentioned all this maybe 20-30 times in the last 4 months.....so go ahead a blow the forum apart...have fun...

Before I read your screed, I had just sent a private post to someone basically saying "its not so bad" and then I come on here and read this.....

What you fail to understand is that when you finally win your point and by now your little group has demonstrated enough single-focussed will power to never stop - there will be only you few talking to one another, because the rest of us will be in another galaxy...

I had 2 very interesting posts I was going "to post" ...but man oh man, why the *** bother ! I'll put 'em on my own site and DeeDee's as well.....

You want 3rd grade - you've got it...

To the other people that keps asking us to hang in there.....yeah, I know....but its getting mighty thin and at some point ...the string will snap. Its inevitable.

You Want to Fix things???? Then stop the nastiness to new people and to people who have been around for a while...."Hi I'm brand new...." sorry AH we don't like your pricing or your descriptions..."

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Agreed Caiyros :applause: (no standing ovation icon available). I think we've reached the point of exhaustion with all this drama we're back to early 2009's zero tolerance policy... for all colors. And I will be alerting the present mods & the new mods when they are chosen, to the rules of engagement. I hate to do it, but if the members can't get past it on their own, then we have to switch to plan B.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

thank you magnolia. :thumbup: :applause: :applause: although it's really sad that in an adult forum we have to be moderated as if we were back in elementary school - or perhaps kindergarten again with hall monitors. oh well, we dealt with it before and came out no worse so we'll suck it up and do it again and hopefully it may stop the bs. well, we could hope at least.

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
Zodiac:

:fingercross:

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.
EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Love them all. <3
If I could be anything, I would be...: A faerie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Faye
Zodiac:

Ouch.

I don't think I was specifically bashing anyone in this post. I was simply stating my opinion on something that's bothering me.

Isn't it an accurate statement to say everyone should respect everyone? Because that was basically the gist of my post.

I'm sorry for the opinion. :/

I didn't say I want the blues and greens to leave, I said I want them to respect whites as well as everyone else. Just like EVERYONE should respect everyone else.

I think your post was a little uncalled for, Caiyros. :(

This was not a raise the roof post, this was a, "we should get along" and "everyone should respect each other" post.

I couldn't find any nastiness in my post... If you can find it and quote it for me, I will apologize to anyone I was nasty to.
What you say, "stop the nastiness," is exactly what my post was saying.. So I guess I don't understand why we're in such disagreement.

Is it because I pointed out that the white members aren't the only ones at fault? I think we all need to own up to our faults. Blue or green doesn't make you immune.

And Caiyros? I don't have a "little group." Unless you're talking about all white members, which in itself proves the problem that my post was addressing. :/

Proud mother to a baby pegasus, a baby gold dragon, an arkan sonney, a baby white dragon, a young miniature dragon, a hippogryph, a bear, a baby blue dragon, and a terra cotta gargoyle. :heart:
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

these days i find myself wanting to help the new members more than i tried before since i feel they might be more apt to want to learn and have help from a member who has been here for 4 years and a spirit keeper for 4 1/2 years with other training in various aspects of the occult sciences since 1971. to me, any member with a white name shows me that as a keeper they are more than likely a new keeper and could potentially benefit from my knowledge in spirit keeping which the older forum members such as myself learned directly from magnolia and ash.

idk but maybe i'm wrong there but gosh the knowledge we could share with everyone who has come here for just that reason - to learn. and just remember one thing - nobody stays a beginner or new member forever and soon you all will be colored names and might see things just a bit better then.

:) :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Love them all. <3
If I could be anything, I would be...: A faerie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Faye
Zodiac:

crone maatkaere wrote:these days i find myself wanting to help the new members more than i tried before since i feel they might be more apt to want to learn and have help from a member who has been here for 4 years and a spirit keeper for 4 1/2 years with other training in various aspects of the occult sciences since 1971. to me, any member with a white name shows me that as a keeper they are more than likely a new keeper and could potentially benefit from my knowledge in spirit keeping which the older forum members such as myself learned directly from magnolia and ash.

idk but maybe i'm wrong there but gosh the knowledge we could share with everyone who has come here for just that reason - to learn. and just remember one thing - nobody stays a beginner or new member forever and soon you all will be colored names and might see things just a bit better then.

:) :grouphug:
That's wonderful, Crone. People like you who have valuable experience of a lifetime to share should absolutely share it. I respect the fact that I could learn books worth of knowledge from you. :) The fact that you want to help white members shows that you are kind enough to do so. I am here to learn and I always appreciate it when people comment on my posts. I hope that the blue members will stick around, and the green as well so I can continue to learn from them.

I hope it's understandable why I felt Caiyros's post was a little offensive, though.

:hug:

Proud mother to a baby pegasus, a baby gold dragon, an arkan sonney, a baby white dragon, a young miniature dragon, a hippogryph, a bear, a baby blue dragon, and a terra cotta gargoyle. :heart:

Return to “Forum Suggestions”