INFORMATION ON DRAGONS

Resources and links to information on dragons.
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Is there a reason why we shouldn't give offerings to Black Dragons? I've asked mine twice what would happen if I gave her a crystal or if I lit incense for her, and both times I've pulled bad cards (first 9 of Swords, the second time I pulled The Devil). I feel bad for giving her tasks without offering her anything in return. I think I would feel better if I understood the reason why offerings will have bad results.

they/them

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Black dragons by nature does not require your offerings. Because they are duty oriented. Leaders and taking care of business for their own good, out of responsibility.

All they need is a thank you. Acknowledge them, including them in everything, show your respect for they are very powerful. Have great expectations for their are very capable.

But just like a brownie will leave you immediately when you thanking them. Giving an offering to a black dragon will back fire possibly in some long term issues that is hard to iron out.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

mochi.icecream wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:00 am Is there a reason why we shouldn't give offerings to Black Dragons? I've asked mine twice what would happen if I gave her a crystal or if I lit incense for her, and both times I've pulled bad cards (first 9 of Swords, the second time I pulled The Devil). I feel bad for giving her tasks without offering her anything in return. I think I would feel better if I understood the reason why offerings will have bad results.
For some, it's as Aster said; some are more duty-oriented and don't feel they need any sort of 'thanks'. I've definitely had a couple of coworkers a lot like that, who looked at me weird and went "I'm just doing my job" when I thank them for helping me.

On the flip side, there are some black dragons who don't get offerings because it feeds into their sense of entitlement. My CH black is one of these latter ones, who will take a mile if you give him an inch. These are the DA dragons who need firm lines drawn or they will push and demand.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte

AlexCzernosech wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:22 pm
mochi.icecream wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:00 am Is there a reason why we shouldn't give offerings to Black Dragons? I've asked mine twice what would happen if I gave her a crystal or if I lit incense for her, and both times I've pulled bad cards (first 9 of Swords, the second time I pulled The Devil). I feel bad for giving her tasks without offering her anything in return. I think I would feel better if I understood the reason why offerings will have bad results.
For some, it's as Aster said; some are more duty-oriented and don't feel they need any sort of 'thanks'. I've definitely had a couple of coworkers a lot like that, who looked at me weird and went "I'm just doing my job" when I thank them for helping me.

On the flip side, there are some black dragons who don't get offerings because it feeds into their sense of entitlement. My CH black is one of these latter ones, who will take a mile if you give him an inch. These are the DA dragons who need firm lines drawn or they will push and demand.
ASTER wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:27 am Black dragons by nature does not require your offerings. Because they are duty oriented. Leaders and taking care of business for their own good, out of responsibility.

All they need is a thank you. Acknowledge them, including them in everything, show your respect for they are very powerful. Have great expectations for their are very capable.

But just like a brownie will leave you immediately when you thanking them. Giving an offering to a black dragon will back fire possibly in some long term issues that is hard to iron out.
This makes sense. Mine is being very honest and letting me know it would be a bad idea to give anything. I just thanked her verbally for looking after me. Her emotional spectrum is very inhuman, and since I mostly communicate with my companions via touch or empathic abilities when I'm not in a meditative state, it can be hard to tell what her thoughts are. I'll do more tarot readings with her tonight and make sure she's doing okay and is comfortable. I kind of cluck over some of my companions lol

they/them

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Believe me, a black dragon, ALWAYS DOING WELL. Let me put it this way. My angels, Djinnics, Khodam all of my dragons and mystic creatures have been looking after themselves in they specific realm for 100s of years.

They are companions and friends to us humans. They appreciate mindfulness and interaction with them. Most of them, shows warmth and affectionate friendships, replicating our energy vibes, especially dragons, mystic creatures and faeries. And most angels as well.

But those with none social characters, they will feel their privacy, dungeon, or space invaded, if I would come with an intention of " Are you okay? " energy.

I mean you'll do as you please. 👌 Everything is a learning curve. What I am trying to say, generally speaking, none social beings, especially Black dragons, don't need extra affection then you would naturally offer to your local emergency service professionals.

When, it's comes to baby spirits, that's an entirely different approach, including a black dragon. I don't have one baby spirit yet. But I am waiting on a were - kitten female who is supposed to be young at least under 10. But even with a black dragon baby spirit, although propable they will able to be shaped to do their duties out of hearty bonding and deep attachment. They will still act as a black dragon and will need their time alone.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte

ASTER wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:48 pm Believe me, a black dragon, ALWAYS DOING WELL. Let me put it this way. My angels, Djinnics, Khodam all of my dragons and mystic creatures have been looking after themselves in they specific realm for 100s of years.

They are companions and friends to us humans. They appreciate mindfulness and interaction with them. Most of them, shows warmth and affectionate friendships, replicating our energy vibes, especially dragons, mystic creatures and faeries. And most angels as well.

But those with none social characters, they will feel their privacy, dungeon, or space invaded, if I would come with an intention of " Are you okay? " energy.

I mean you'll do as you please. 👌 Everything is a learning curve. What I am trying to say, generally speaking, none social beings, especially Black dragons, don't need extra affection then you would naturally offer to your local emergency service professionals.

When, it's comes to baby spirits, that's an entirely different approach, including a black dragon. I don't have one baby spirit yet. But I am waiting on a were - kitten female who is supposed to be young at least under 10. But even with a black dragon baby spirit, although propable they will able to be shaped to do their duties out of hearty bonding and deep attachment. They will still act as a black dragon and will need their time alone.
Okay, that makes sense. I'm not very experienced with non-social companions, so yeah, I'm definitely still on a learning curve. I'll just verify with my dragon when I get home that she would prefer me to ignore her lol

they/them

Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
Zodiac:

I realise this is quite an old and rather 'dead' thread at this point, however it still seems like the best place to ask.
Is it likely that the western ultra-hybrid dragons, like maroon, ruby, platinum and such will eventually have their own encyclopaedia entries?

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

whitewolf wrote: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:32 pm Hi, ive a question im really interested in the reply to.

Why are dragons categorized by their colours. Is this a CH thing or am i just not looking in the right places ?
Dragons are often categorized by their colors, particularly in the case of Western and Western hybrid dragons, as they possess specific personalities. In contrast, Eastern dragons are typically associated with elements such as fire, air, etc. However, their magical abilities extend beyond these elements. Dragons that do not fit within any specific category are often named after their place of origin. Additionally, certain dragons have a preference for specific environments and may even give rise to unique types, though they are not considered a distinct race, as each of these dragons originate from different realms altogether.

Whoever said that one cannot offer tributes to black dragons? It appears that you have completely misconstrued the essence of the cards. In this case, these 2 cards may be suggesting this decision might be causing you more stress and worry than necessary or that there may be some negative or controlling factors at play. Nevertheless, it does not signify that offering tributes will yield unfavorable outcomes.

ASTER wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:27 am Black dragons by nature does not require your offerings. Giving an offering to a black dragon will back fire possibly in some long term issues that is hard to iron out.
Black dragons are not traditionally a non-social race, so they do appreciate offerings. Even my Wraiths are fond of receiving offerings. I happen to have a considerable number of Wraiths, who have come as friends of my friends. However, my recommendation is to spend more time with your Black Dragon to uncover the root of the miscommunication.

AlexCzernosech wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:22 pm On the flip side, there are some black dragons who don't get offerings because it feeds into their sense of entitlement. My CH black is one of these latter ones, who will take a mile if you give him an inch. These are the DA dragons who need firm lines drawn or they will push and demand.

Dragons? Being entitled? Are you certain that we are discussing dragons and not humans? It seems that there may have been a misunderstanding.

Everyone appreciates offerings. It's possible that some Keepers who kept previous races didn't provide any, leading to it being deemed "not recommended." Meanwhile, other Keepers never bothered to inquire about what the beings might like in the first place and simply made assumptions.

I do make offerings to my Black Dragon, and there are many things that she likes. I have some DA Dragons that are as dark as her, even darker. I can confirm that what was said in the quote isn't true, and DA Dragons are not entitled at all. They get along just fine with my WA friends.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Dream08
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: All

Umbra_Arcana wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:11 pm I realise this is quite an old and rather 'dead' thread at this point, however it still seems like the best place to ask.
Is it likely that the western ultra-hybrid dragons, like maroon, ruby, platinum and such will eventually have their own encyclopaedia entries?

I’d love to know also. I just received a garnet dragon and an encyclopedia entry would be great to have. 😊

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Umbra_Arcana wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:11 pm I realise this is quite an old and rather 'dead' thread at this point, however it still seems like the best place to ask.
It's uncertain if they will update. I mean all the previous entries in the second post are no longer valid. It appears that CH has already dedicated time to updating their listings with more information. Finding information about a Western hybrid dragon is easier if you can search for all the dragon races that they're part of. However, it becomes more challenging if they are hybrids of races beyond just Western dragons, as it's not black and white. I believe this question is worth addressing with CH through their help desk to inquire about its potential inclusion in their road map, although I am rather skeptical about the chances of it being considered.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Dragon Information”