INFORMATION ON DRAGONS

Resources and links to information on dragons.
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Yes, if you need information on your Dragon, send an email to CH Support and they will be happy to provide you with the info.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

@Tarvos , @Adair Lasair Bán You both make a valid point.
I probably will drop the help desk a message about it at some point in the near future, after spending more time with the dragon companion concerned.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 am
ASTER wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:27 am Black dragons by nature does not require your offerings. Giving an offering to a black dragon will back fire possibly in some long term issues that is hard to iron out.
Black dragons are not traditionally a non-social race, so they do appreciate offerings. Even my Wraiths are fond of receiving offerings. I happen to have a considerable number of Wraiths, who have come as friends of my friends. However, my recommendation is to spend more time with your Black Dragon to uncover the root of the miscommunication.

AlexCzernosech wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:22 pm On the flip side, there are some black dragons who don't get offerings because it feeds into their sense of entitlement. My CH black is one of these latter ones, who will take a mile if you give him an inch. These are the DA dragons who need firm lines drawn or they will push and demand.

Dragons? Being entitled? Are you certain that we are discussing dragons and not humans? It seems that there may have been a misunderstanding.

Everyone appreciates offerings. It's possible that some Keepers who kept previous races didn't provide any, leading to it being deemed "not recommended." Meanwhile, other Keepers never bothered to inquire about what the beings might like in the first place and simply made assumptions.

I do make offerings to my Black Dragon, and there are many things that she likes. I have some DA Dragons that are as dark as her, even darker. I can confirm that what was said in the quote isn't true, and DA Dragons are not entitled at all. They get along just fine with my WA friends.
I'm sorry, but just because our experiences don't line up with your own doesn't necessarily make any of us 'incorrect' or 'misunderstanding'. Even CH's encyclopedia describes Black dragons as 'keeping to themselves and avoided by other types of dragons" and 'generally side with evil'. https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en
None of us can put forth our own Unverified Personal Gnosis as absolute fact. I don't, I can only give input based on my experiences and compare/contrast against experiences of others I know to give a sort of generalized idea. And it's not a great look when you keep being condescending with your disagreements.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I gave my newest Black Dragon an offering not so long ago - he happens to love the same scent I do! Both my Black Dragons are impressive and incredible, but personally I would not describe them as "entitled" and they do not "push and demand".

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:58 am I gave my newest Black Dragon an offering not so long ago - he happens to love the same scent I do! Both my Black Dragons are impressive and incredible, but personally I would not describe them as "entitled" and they do not "push and demand".
Just to add, I often have that scent in my room anyway because I love it so much, so he knows he can enjoy it any time. <3

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

AlexCzernosech wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:57 pm
Tarvos wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 am
AlexCzernosech wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:22 pm On the flip side, there are some black dragons who don't get offerings because it feeds into their sense of entitlement. My CH black is one of these latter ones, who will take a mile if you give him an inch. These are the DA dragons who need firm lines drawn or they will push and demand.

Dragons? Being entitled? Are you certain that we are discussing dragons and not humans? It seems that there may have been a misunderstanding.

Everyone appreciates offerings. It's possible that some Keepers who kept previous races didn't provide any, leading to it being deemed "not recommended." Meanwhile, other Keepers never bothered to inquire about what the beings might like in the first place and simply made assumptions.

I do make offerings to my Black Dragon, and there are many things that she likes. I have some DA Dragons that are as dark as her, even darker. I can confirm that what was said in the quote isn't true, and DA Dragons are not entitled at all. They get along just fine with my WA friends.
I'm sorry, but just because our experiences don't line up with your own doesn't necessarily make any of us 'incorrect' or 'misunderstanding'. Even CH's encyclopedia describes Black dragons as 'keeping to themselves and avoided by other types of dragons" and 'generally side with evil'. https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en
None of us can put forth our own Unverified Personal Gnosis as absolute fact. I don't, I can only give input based on my experiences and compare/contrast against experiences of others I know to give a sort of generalized idea. And it's not a great look when you keep being condescending with your disagreements.
It's not my intention to sound condescending or dismiss any agreements or disagreements. However, I do believe that dragons are highly intelligent beings, and considering them as entitled is simply beneath their nature. Therefore, I suggest that there might be a miscommunication in your interaction. Based on my own experiences, I can only offer input and in response to your previous statement regarding "DA dragons who need firm lines drawn or they will push and demand," I don't think it's fair, and obviously not a great look, to generalize and label black dragons as entitled. I'm sure many of us on this forum work with a black dragon or two.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:40 am
Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:58 am I gave my newest Black Dragon an offering not so long ago - he happens to love the same scent I do! Both my Black Dragons are impressive and incredible, but personally I would not describe them as "entitled" and they do not "push and demand".
Just to add, I often have that scent in my room anyway because I love it so much, so he knows he can enjoy it any time. <3
Would you be kind enough to share the secret fragrance that your Black Dragon and you are fond of? Hehe.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Tarvos wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:02 am
Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:40 am
Would you be kind enough to share the secret fragrance that your Black Dragon and you are fond of? Hehe.
Hehe absolutely, it's peppermint! I use the essential oil in a diffuser and we are both obsessed :'D

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:08 am Hehe absolutely, it's peppermint! I use the essential oil in a diffuser and we are both obsessed :'D
Awe! This is absolutely adorable! I actually have quite a collection of bottles of essential oils myself, but unfortunately, I rarely get the chance to use them. They don't quite match my friends' preferences either. So, I guess it's about time I delve deeper into the world of essential oils. Your experience has truly inspired me, Adair. Hehe.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Tarvos wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:37 pm
Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:08 am Hehe absolutely, it's peppermint! I use the essential oil in a diffuser and we are both obsessed :'D
Awe! This is absolutely adorable! I actually have quite a collection of bottles of essential oils myself, but unfortunately, I rarely get the chance to use them. They don't quite match my friends' preferences either. So, I guess it's about time I delve deeper into the world of essential oils. Your experience has truly inspired me, Adair. Hehe.
Yay! Essential oils are great, even just for us if not for our companions. <3

Return to “Dragon Information”