my djinn isn't keen on me getting a vamp, what do I do?

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

This is a question to all the experienced spirit keepers, what do you do when one of your spirits isn't happy or keen about getting another new spirit?
I have a marid djinn from Lisa and I recently felt a strong pull towards Gwen's strigoi mort vamps. I told my djinn about it while I was meditating with him and I fell asleep. I had this dream about vampires being killed and beheaded. I woke up and felt very disturbed as I didn't understand why I dreamt this when I wished to bring one into my life.
The next day I happened to come across Jinn and tonics listing on ebay about how the djinns had a war with the vampires long ago and how the vamps were nearly wiped off. So, I thanked my djinn for revealing this to me and I told him that I do not intend to get a dark vamp that could potentially harm me. All the spirits I have are White Arts and I intend to try and keep it that way. Any thoughts on this? Should I still go ahead with getting a vamp or should I wait?

Anna
CitrineStars
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 10
Zodiac:

You need to try and communicate a little more with your Djinn on why he's opposed to it. If it's his own personal wishes that a vampire not be around then you have to either remind him that you're the keeper and you make the choices about who comes into the house. Learning from many people I put together my own list of "house rules" for spirits and one of them is that they don't all have to like each other, but they have to be polite.

Another rule I have is that no Spirit should stop me from bringing home another unless they know it would be a bad idea for ME. As in- we wouldn't get along or it's too dangerous or not a good fit. So with that in mind, if your Djinnis trying to protect you for YOU (not for him) then that's something to take a little more seriously.

The bottom line, though, is that you're the Keeper. You can listen to and take your Spirits wishes into account but you make the rules and you make the decisions. But try to find out more about the reason behind your Djinn's feelings about it. :)

♔ ♕✪ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ✪♕ ♔
Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

citrine wrote:You need to try and communicate a little more with your Djinn on why he's opposed to it. If it's his own personal wishes that a vampire not be around then you have to either remind him that you're the keeper and you make the choices about who comes into the house. Learning from many people I put together my own list of "house rules" for spirits and one of them is that they don't all have to like each other, but they have to be polite.
Another rule I have is that no Spirit should stop me from bringing home another unless they know it would be a bad idea for ME. As in- we wouldn't get along or it's too dangerous or not a good fit. So with that in mind, if your Djinnis trying to protect you for YOU (not for him) then that's something to take a little more seriously.
The bottom line, though, is that you're the Keeper. You can listen to and take your Spirits wishes into account but you make the rules and you make the decisions. But try to find out more about the reason behind your Djinn's feelings about it. :)
I agree 100% w/ Citrine.
You have the final say. Be sure you have rules established and communicate them well. Especially if you ever bring a DA Spirit into your keep. But even WA need boundaries. ;)

~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

You should do what you personally feel is right. If you are called to bringing a vampire spirit into your life, then you should go for it. If your djinn really has a problem with it, he needs to learn to deal with it if this is indeed what you want.
Although it is important to respect what your spirits try to share and the guidance they may offer, this is your path so you need to do your thing - the other spirits in your life will ultimately respect your decision because they care about you.

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

hi citrine, dollybil and noctem aeternus, thanks for the tips :)

I forgot to add that my djinn and I are still in the bonding stage, he's a custom conjure that came forward to be my companion. After he made his feelings known about the vamp, he's been fairly quiet. No other dreams or random thoughts in my head when I asked for clarification. I continued visiting the vampire listings as usual, and this thought popped into my head 'Is she ever going to stop' lol

I laughed it off and reassured him there's nothing to worry about. But he's gone quiet since then. So, hopefully he will open up more and reveal why he's opposed to me having a few vamps. It's interesting how until a few days ago, I never wanted to do anything with vampires and all of a sudden, I can't seem to stop thinking or reading about them!

Anna
CitrineStars
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 10
Zodiac:

Just remember YOU are the Keeper and YOU make the choices. It might be as simple as you going ahead and getting the vamp you want and then showing your Djinn you have time for both of them just as much as you did before and that no one is taking anyone's place. ;) Good luck!

♔ ♕✪ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ☆ ✮ ★ ✪♕ ♔
Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks Citrine :)

Anna
Mekkanikka
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: my own mind
If I could be anything, I would be...: conquerer of realms
My magical/paranormal name...: the devastator

Hi anna, if i were you i wouldn't bring the vamp.
i would listen to my djinn
i would ask him for advice. :thumbup:

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Hi Mekkanika,

Thanks for your input. Lisa seems to share your opinion too. She says maybe now is not the time, wait a little and try again. I still went ahead to purchase them as I thought it will take me a week or two to reach me. Sadly, every single one of them that I was drawn to has gone. So, I guess I'll have to wait.

Now, I came across Lisa's vamp listing and she says she doesn't deal with Psy vampires much as they have a tendency to drain the masters energy and block communication with the other spirits. Has this happened to any of you guys? If so, how did you deal with it? Please share!
:think:

Anna
QuantumWater
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I think you should let your Djinn know that it should have an open mind to racial mixing :lol: bring in a "Vampire Djinn" :lol: perhaps another gender so he/she is cool with the bi-sexual/bi-racial spirit :lol:

Go Big or Go Home.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”