You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

This helps me immensely. Quick question: How can you tell if the spell "feels" right. Is there a certain vibe it will send out?

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:When doing elemental magic using the four directions, North, East, South, and West, some traditions have North as air, with a black candle, and others have North as Earth, with a green candle. My question is, does it make a difference where you place Air or Earth at and the color of the candle?

Starfire ::dragons::
I saw that this was never answered.

There are some traditions who have Earth at the center. There are traditions which only have three elements. There are traditions who base their elements on where those elements actually are - for example, some practitioners on the East Coast of the US have taken to calling Water from the East, Earth from the West, Fire from the South, and Air from the North, for obvious reasons.

What feels RIGHT to you? In magick, everything is first about intent, and second about your own mind, your comfort, your belief. If you find that your brain can't accept something, don't use it, because if you can't accept it without the ritual, inside the ritual, it won't work at all.

There are traditions who say that things must be just so... but everyone who practices Tarot AND High Magick knows that there are traditions where swords and athames are fire, not air, and wands are air, not fire. Anyone who works Celtic magick knows that grails and dishes can be both healers with water, or providers with food, so the sacred cup can be a symbol of both water AND earth... And in the Celtic tradition, there are only three elements, despite the fact that we have four sacred objects. Those three elements are Wind, Sea, and Earth. Fire is seen as the Wyrd spirit that is All Within All, the connecting energy everywhere... and since it's in everything, it isn't perceived as being a separate element, but part of the other three, while also being the unified form of them.

What works for you?

I'll be honest... I use my athame for air on my altar... but when I cast my circle, it's made of fire - and my athame is what has the Oomph in my pair of tools. My wand is used for healing and cleansing, despite the fact that most practitioners use it for defense and Ooomph, mine is rather subtle - but it's also made of stone, so it could be seen as air, because it requires subtlety to use, or it could be seen as water because it's healing, or earth because it's made of stone. lol I don't sweat it... it does what I tell it to, and that's all I care about.

My TYPICAL elements are Green Earth North; Yellow Air East; Red Fire South; Blue Water West - however, I've been known to switch it up and have black in the north, white in the east, red in the south still, and grey in the west, for the four faces of the Goddess. I've also done yellow in the east, green in the south, red in the west, and black in the north for the God.

I've cast with all white candles... and I've got no sense of direction, so occasionally when I've lost my compass, I'm quite sure I've Called in the wrong directions. It still worked. I've even, dyslexic that I am occasionally, cast out of order and jumbled the elements and directions and colors six ways from Sunday.

They don't seem to mind. The Watchtowers don't seem to mind, either. The Winds, Kings, Elementals, etc... none of them mind - as long as they're invited to the party. :D

So...

Now you know...

Flexibility, thy name is magick.

What works for you? Go find out! :superman: :meme:

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

bump

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I love this post. I looked at it last year, so it is good to brush up on this.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
gomeznsmith
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ifrit
If I could be anything, I would be...: A ghost
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Thanks Magnolia and everyone else who has added to this post, it is very informative. I wish I could add to it but as I am barely learning, I'll just say thanks for the information. It has been a huge help!

Gazelle
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 9
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:The alternate method to reciting out loud or through telepathy is a mantra-style writing exercise where you write the spell over & over on pieces of paper until you feel the power of the spell building around & within you, and the releasing the power of the spell by burning the pages. This is a very old method, and while not commonly used in the 20th or 21st centuries, it is still a great fallback position if you feel that you are not getting the results you desire from the conventional method.
This is a great idea. Even if it's an old method, I am so glad that you wrote this seminar and suggested this. I will definitely try this out with my spell casting.

I ♥ my Werewolf, Gregori Watcher, Brass Dragon, Goddess Djinn, Siren, and Volkhs.

"Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful." - Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Lorelei
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: all my spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nixie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: My own name is magical enough.
Zodiac:

Just found this thread. Great info, thank you for this.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

gonna bump.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Every time I read this, I pick up another little nugget of wisdom.

Huffette
badblood
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire

Great thread! Thank you Magnolia and everyone else for your input :D

If magick is flexible as many of you say, is it necessary to use an altar cloth?

The reason I'm very hesitant is because I am building an altar out of a beautiful piece of live edge pear wood with walnut legs. I would hate to cover this with a cloth.

Twin Flame and Lover to "K", Stregoni Benefici vampiress; Honoured companion to the most beautiful of all Norse Immortals: Freyja; under the guide and loving friendship of the powerful and dark Fenris; and an enormous, wonderful pack of vampires, dragons, creatures and others that comprise my beloved spirit clan!

For in Him we live and move and have our being. ~ Acts 17: 28

Return to “Seminars”