Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

How many protective spirits and pieces are too many? If you want to feel most protected, is it better to have multiple spirits who are protectors or to have a triad, or to have several enchanted items? Or does it just depend on you and your situation? What are your opinions?

Cheerz,
:peace: emzy

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
ArtMuse
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No Bias :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think it depends on your situation first and foremost. If your are sensitive or extremely so I think having a few DA protectors as a "front line" is a good thing. If you are a spellcaster or a serious practitioner I say a front line is needed. If you are in a high stress/negative environment then they can come in handy as well.

For me I have a butt kicking fae who is in charge of protecting me and my spirits. I have a custom Vamp coming from Verna soon and a DA 'surprise me spirit' with my July order.
I'm plotting an idea of getting a WA creature to protect my spirits so my new Vamp and Fae can be my "Bad Boys" with a DA spirit as their backup. :think:

My situation is I'm sensitive and becoming more involved with the magickal arts so I want some "muscle" around. Again this is just me- I tend to balance WA and DA rather well, so just my 2 cents.

I'm sure others have great opinions as well! :thumbup:

Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

I have an army myself. Both WA & DA.
But I feel with 2 adults, 3 teenagers (their friends) and multiple animals in the home... we need all the protection we can get.
That's just me. I have some that look after the kids, others that look after the home, one that watches over my car (driving & stuff), perimeter guards, or those I send for 'errands', etc.. It really depends on how you feel about it and what you want.
I also have spelled items for protection. But that's another story. lol

But any time one calls out to me, I bring it home.

~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

Yes. I think it depends on the person. I personally require a lot of protection for different reasons, one being that I practice magic and protection is needed. Also other reasons. I would suggest personally, that everyone have protective spirits, wethrr they practice magic or not. There are wonderful WA spirits that are protective for those who decide DA is not for them. For me, I love the ballence of WA and DA.

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I think it depends, like the others say, on what you feel you need. I don't have a lot of protection spirits, but the ones I do have are quite the powerhouses. I have three Fae, that I would hate to go up against. My vampire is very powerful. I don 't have a lot of WA or enchanted spirits but that is alright. I have never felt safer.

Templar101
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jury still out..
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Athene2012 wrote:How many protective spirits and pieces are too many? If you want to feel most protected, is it better to have multiple spirits who are protectors or to have a triad, or to have several enchanted items? Or does it just depend on you and your situation? What are your opinions?

Cheerz,
Hi Emzy..

Also, another suggestion is to work with shielding techniques, this can be quite empowering, effective and will compliment to what you are currently doing.

Namaste

Templar

veritas vos liberabit

Reiki Grand Master
Seichim and Egyptian Healing Master
Buddha Palm Ki Master
Energy Healing Master
Disciple of healing and knowledge

CH MP - Emerald's Magick Emporium
Universal-Rainbow
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Thank you all for the thoughtful responses.

I have a difficult time of letting go of preconceived notions of spirits...for example, when several of you mentioned your butt-kicking fae it was like a light-bulb went off in my head bc I never pictured a fae as being tough. Another misunderstood notion is that protective must equal dark arts. It is nice to hear that a combination of wa and da works well for some.

ArtMuse wrote:I think it depends on your situation first and foremost. If your are sensitive or extremely so I think having a few DA protectors as a "front line" is a good thing. If you are a spellcaster or a serious practitioner I say a front line is needed. If you are in a high stress/negative environment then they can come in handy as well.

thank you ArtMuse for your suggestions as well. Good luck with your plan for a kickbuttspiritteam!

Templar,
shielding is something I need to dedicate myself to more, especially right now. i had no idea how important this actually is, not just for sensitives but keeping your aura strong and filled with positive energy.

As always, I bow to you all in thanks! ::hail::

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You can never have too many or too much of protection! Never. Different types of protective spirits & protective bindings will effect different intrusions & malicious attacks. You can never have enough, always be seeking & developing the many layers of your protective boundaries!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Thank you Magnolia,

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

CaesarDraconis
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Royal Draconis
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Lord
Zodiac:

Look at history. Have you ever read a quote from a general where they said anything like "I brought too many soldiers"? "I brought too many weapons"? I have never, ever heard of such a remark being made. Also, listen to yourself, the fact that you posed the question means you have a concern. Do you really believe that you expressed that concern when you happen to be in a place that can easily and completely address the concern is in any way a coincidence?

Do you believe in "coincidence"?

Best wishes.

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius, ad perpetranda miracula rei unius - Hermes Trismegistus

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”