Do spirits hang around after death?

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!

Do you believe that human spirits can remain near their bodies after they die?

Yes
75%
No
4%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 28
KeeKee
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: One sexah Beast
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision

I actually had a random woman come up to me during a very very close friends funeral. She told me to not be upset because he was following me around. That actually didn't make me feel any better at the time.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

My story is unique. My parents were bible thumpers. They believed that you should be in church no matter what.
The Sunday after my mother died, I was in church, as always, and felt a tug on my sleeve. I was deep in grief, as we literally lost her suddenly from a heart attack while the doctor was arguing with my father instead of helping her.

I looked up to see who was tugging on my sleeve, and it was my just buried mother. She was shaking her head at me and pointing toward the door. Now, every time I talk about going back to that church, I see her shaking her head and saying that church is flawed. She seems to be pointing me towards the church we now attend when we go.

A few weeks later I had a bill come in. I had used the unemployment money that should have gone to this bill to help with her funeral expenses. I had no money to pay it, and was crying about it. I was also missing her and was closed off in my room. It was about midnight, and it was a night off. At the time, I worked night shift. I suddenly saw a bright light, and looked toward its source, the foot of my bed.

There stood my mother, who told me that things would be ok and that I would have the money for that bill. After that, she vanished. The next day, the bill was paid for us. I have not seen her since, but I can feel her brush my cheek when I am crying or upset or sick. I feel as if she is here with me when I need her (something that was not true in her life).
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Para
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics, Elven
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Para
Zodiac:

Gryphonista wrote:
ParaEnergy wrote:I believe they do. Some of them at least. I also believe that if they DO hang around, the amount of time they hang around depends greatly on what they're hanging around for and what their death was like. I believe it's different for everyone and for every situation.

Yes, I agree! When I was a little kid, I was really close to my Grandpa. One morning, I woke up probably around 2 or 3, and was crying uncontrollably, shaking, and freezing, with a freezing wind that kept blowing through my room (In Hawaii). I couldn't sleep for hours, and finally when the sun started to come up, I heard the phone ring. My dad came into my room to tell me something, and when he went to speak, I said "Grandpa's dead." I cannot see or hear people at all who have passed on, however, I feel that when it is someone saying goodbye to you or passing on a message, that they find a way to make themselves known. My mom had a similar experience when her dad passed as well.
They sure do find away to make theselves known, if they need or want to, eh? awww
~Para

Return to “Folklore & Legends”