Do spirits hang around after death?

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!

Do you believe that human spirits can remain near their bodies after they die?

Yes
75%
No
4%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 28
Viridis
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Viridis
Zodiac:

Okay, so I need some opinions here. I had a lengthy discussion/argument with a friend of mine the other day because he hotly contests the notion that a human's spirit will sometimes linger near its body after death. I, on the other hand, believe this is not only quite possible but probable as well. I have heard many eyewitness accounts from people who claim to have seen loved one's spirits hovering near their body at funerals and whatnot. I myself get a little woozy going to funerals because I often feel that the person who has died is still near. My friend is a nurse and has a very scientific (cold) perception of life and death. I, on the other hand, am not quite so literal. So folks, what do you believe?
God is Great
Beer is Good
And
People are Crazy
remington
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

i plan on hanging out for awhile after i go :D
cheers rach
LilyJadeSphynx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

I have a friend who has seen the spirits of the deceased at their funerals and/or memorials; so...even though I haven't seen them myself, I do believe.
'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

yes, they linger around.
But they are not earthbound.
They watch their funerals, comfort those they left behind :hug:
“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I believe that they do stay for awhile. A cousin of ours who was 19 died from a car accident. He was very close to my sons. He was there at the funeral, when we all burned our tires when we left the graveyard, since that had been a request from his brother, and I do know that our cousin was smiling when that happened.

However a few months after his funeral, I woke up around 2am to go to the restroom, when I heard muisc playing in my sons room. Now my sons were not there as they had their own place that they were living at. So I went upstairs to see what the deal was, and the radio was indeed play a song that our cousin really liked. As soon as I came in the radio stopped.

I told my hubby about the next day, so him and I both went upstairs and checked the radio and it wasn't even pluged in!!!! :scared:

So I checked around because I felt that our cousin wanted something, and I found out that the truck that he had been killed in was going to be up for sale since it had been fixed. It turned out that his friend had fixed the truck and was going to sell it to one of my sons, and our cousin didn't want it to be sold because at that time my son had a habit of driving very fast and being careless about his driving.

So one of my other sons told our cousins friend not to sell the truck, and to this day that truck has not been sold to anyone. Also after that the cousin has since moved on, but still looks after his friends, my sons. They all were very close!!!

So yes I do say they hang on around from time to time.

starfire ::dragons::
Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Viridis
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Viridis
Zodiac:

Awesome story, Starfire. Testimonials like that are why I believe. :candlep:
God is Great
Beer is Good
And
People are Crazy
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

I do believe that the spirits of our dearly beloved do pop in from one time to another to check in on us, or for any other reasons they might have.
Karynjoy
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Princess Fiona
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Yes they do...I'm quite sure. I've had a couple that have let me know when they've gone over... I don't think they hang around for a long time...most of them I think the go off and get on with things. But I do think they pop back occasionally to check out what's happening
If only we had a telephone to the other side.!
Para
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics, Elven
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Para
Zodiac:

I believe they do. Some of them at least. I also believe that if they DO hang around, the amount of time they hang around depends greatly on what they're hanging around for and what their death was like. I believe it's different for everyone and for every situation.
~Para

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

ParaEnergy wrote:I believe they do. Some of them at least. I also believe that if they DO hang around, the amount of time they hang around depends greatly on what they're hanging around for and what their death was like. I believe it's different for everyone and for every situation.

Yes, I agree! When I was a little kid, I was really close to my Grandpa. One morning, I woke up probably around 2 or 3, and was crying uncontrollably, shaking, and freezing, with a freezing wind that kept blowing through my room (In Hawaii). I couldn't sleep for hours, and finally when the sun started to come up, I heard the phone ring. My dad came into my room to tell me something, and when he went to speak, I said "Grandpa's dead." I cannot see or hear people at all who have passed on, however, I feel that when it is someone saying goodbye to you or passing on a message, that they find a way to make themselves known. My mom had a similar experience when her dad passed as well.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage

Return to “Folklore & Legends”