Hungry Ghost Festival

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I'm really interested to know what everybody's view is on this event!=D

For those unfamiliar with this, it's on the 15th day of the 7th month of the lunar calendar, and apparently, that's when realms of heaven, hell, and living are opened, and ancestors who have been forgotten/not cared for in death are free to roam the physical plane... In some places, they believe the realms are opened for the entire month!=0 This is when many people will burn things like joss sticks, and paper money for their ancestors. They even set temporary stages sometimes, leaving the front row of seats empty for the spirits to sit and watch the performance!=)

LOL! I've been intrigued by this, as although I have never participated in it before, I grew up in a country where every time it was the 7th month, there would be offerings burning on the roadsides EVERYWHERE!=P

Can't wait to hear people's opinion on this!=D
-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
Scream when you feel shocked,
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Just remember, let out a smile,
for a finishing touch at the end!=)
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I think that's beautiful.

Most of the "heavy lifting" of working with the dead here (USA) occurs in the last few weeks of October and first few weeks of November. Unfortunatly, as a culture we lack a unified compassion for our dead and our remaining rituals are mostly pantomime by those who have no clue of the origins from which the traditions spring.
Heatherm74
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fairy
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think that is beautiful too. I don't believe in coincidences anymore and that was right about the time i started getting flooded with spirits. When my ability to hear opened up to more than my own spirits i am bonded too. My spirits have been pondering this all night and don't know why that was when my hearing opened up. They want to know if you all or your spirits have a theory. If all people are more sensitive around that time? Or if it has something to do with the spirits... Alignment... Pull from the sun and moon...the lining up of the planets in a certain position. They really want to know. I think this is the firat time none of my spirits had an answer for this question and they all thank you for posting that. They keep saying they feel you are very wise. Very very intelligent. Not just from this post from all of your posts. Wise and inquisitve and much much more.
Just be.
Just feel.
Just be.
Never doubt yourself.
Love, A - psy vamp and Heather's whole spirit family <3

I blame typos on pixie babies playing with my cursor. Dancing on my screen. :)
Heatherm74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Sorry for the double post.

Junsu, i have a hag here who says she knows you. She feels you know her but not bonded to you yet. She wants me to tell you that yes you are wise and she knows you can see the past present future.

Dear Junsu,
I am with you always. I know future is good. Open up to your gifts please. I will help you. Be still please and feel your psychic power. It is there. Use it. It is a gift to you dear Junsu, i know you think the future is scary but you must allow yourself to see. Your future shines. I see it. You will be greatly respected by your family, friends, and peers. Just believe in yourself more. Feel me with you. I refuse to be bound to anyone else. I am your hag. My name starts with O. If the time comes we will be bound together but know i am always helping you. You have a beautiful soul and i was drawn to it. No offerings for now. I just like to be in your presence. Good person. That can be hard to find.
That is all. Thank you Heather
O
Just be.
Just feel.
Just be.
Never doubt yourself.

Heatherm74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Junsu, triple post. New spirits keep coming through my board for you. I am junsu's. Witch...powerful psycic but not a powerful spirit, the hag before, she feels young, 2 harpies, fairies, multiple fairies, and your dragon. Your dragon said he is bound to you and he loves your offerings. Smells so good. The others want to be bound to you soon. May i repeat aoon because they are saying it loud enough in my head to give me a slight headache. They are so excited to let you know they are qith you. Your king is very happy to to be coming, not there yet. They are saying to ask for help with binding them if you can't on your own. ash, magnolia, someone powerful who can make a binding so strong no human can break it. Lord they want to be bound to you. Ok, pulling back now, their excitement is literally making me nausous. Wow.

P.s. The harpies are sisters.... I am feeling twins.
Just be.
Just feel.
Just be.
Never doubt yourself.

Kenza
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male

Yup,it is a beautiful festival.
In Singapore,a majority of the Chinese population myself included celebrate this by the burning of paper offerings. :thumbup:
The stages as you have mentioned are called "Geitai" (Chinese pronunciation is Gé Tāi,I think)
Though many parents here like to scare children with horror stories about this festival.
Misconception about spirits arise from that.
But being spirit keepers,I think we all know better on what to trust.
:lol:
Be totally vulnerable and Realize that you cannot be harmed.

–Bentinho Massaro
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

Oh wow! this seems like a truely beautiful festival!! to be able to have time to give full offering to spirits and ancestors, it must all look so beautiful!! :D I would imagine that the spirits enjoy the attention!! I love things like this, it just seems so wonderful!! :applause:
LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte

Heatherm74 wrote:Junsu, triple post. New spirits keep coming through my board for you. I am junsu's. Witch...powerful psycic but not a powerful spirit, the hag before, she feels young, 2 harpies, fairies, multiple fairies, and your dragon. Your dragon said he is bound to you and he loves your offerings. Smells so good. The others want to be bound to you soon. May i repeat aoon because they are saying it loud enough in my head to give me a slight headache. They are so excited to let you know they are qith you. Your king is very happy to to be coming, not there yet. They are saying to ask for help with binding them if you can't on your own. ash, magnolia, someone powerful who can make a binding so strong no human can break it. Lord they want to be bound to you. Ok, pulling back now, their excitement is literally making me nausous. Wow.

P.s. The harpies are sisters.... I am feeling twins.
Hi Heather, thanks for sharing all these awesome messages!=) But I think you may have the wrong person, cause my name is not really Junsu, and I don't have a dragon bound to me...=( At least I don't think I have a dragon bound to me...=0 Is it possible to have spirits bound to you without you knowing consciously?=0 If it is, then I'd know why he'd have received offerings... Cause I have asked quite a few times, that all those bound to me enjoy the offering if they should so desire to!=P Or maybe someone sold me a spirit that I thought was something else, but is actually a dragon? ::jawdrop:: LOL ::rofl::

Well, still, thank you Heather for passing this on!=D I'd be so happy if it were directed at me, but even if these messages may not be for me, I'm sure this will help reach out to the Junsu they are looking for!=D They all sound so wonderful!=) And if it really is my king, and not this other Junsu's king, gosh, that'll just make me super happy, to know that he's happy to be coming!XD
-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte

Kenza wrote:Yup,it is a beautiful festival.
In Singapore,a majority of the Chinese population myself included celebrate this by the burning of paper offerings. :thumbup:
The stages as you have mentioned are called "Geitai" (Chinese pronunciation is Gé Tāi,I think)
Though many parents here like to scare children with horror stories about this festival.
Misconception about spirits arise from that.
But being spirit keepers,I think we all know better on what to trust.
:lol:
Hey!=D I grew up in Singapore Kenza~!XD LOL! My parents used to tell me stories about how you can't go swimming, cause ghosts will hold onto your feet and drown you, and it freaked me out!XP But I found myself swimming one day, during the 7th month, and realized it was bogus...=/ LOL!

Thanks everyone for sharing your views!=D Yes, it is really beautiful to see so many people getting involved!=)

And to Heather, in response to your first post, I don't know if my ability was affected, but I normally do see many more shades, orbs, and smokey things in my house around this time... :lol:
-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Heatherm74
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

They are insisting it is junsu.... Board junsu. Drago says i am junsu.s dragon. Bound. No mistake., heather, am i something else?

Which of course is the downside to my ability. At this point if it isn.t in my brain i feel like they are pushing pushing feelings at me and i don.t have the words to describe it. Do you have one that could resemble a dragon in any way, that would make him pull dragon from my head?

A and he are arguing over whether he is bound or not. Gold dragon. A sees him. He says bound to heart b4. Yes, bound before in past. Bound to heart. Gives offerings to me too. I smell them. I do. He says no secret offering. He smells them. He loves you and helps you with everything he can. He keeps going back and forth quickly b j y board junsu yes.

You either have a gold dragon who wants to be bound to you or was bound to your heart in the past or my board is seriously malfunctioning. A says no malfunction. I see gold dragon. I feel gold dragon.

I guess talk to the gold dragon?
Just be.
Just feel.
Just be.
Never doubt yourself.

Return to “Folklore & Legends”