You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Post subject: SPIRIT KEEPING SECRETS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 pm
Site Admin

One question often asked is, what is the secret to Spirit Keeping? What makes it easier? What helps the connection & interaction between spirits and their Keeper?

Many people have their own short-cuts and thoughts as to which methods & devices make it easier on them to connect & interact with their spirits. As you journey into your life as a Spirit Keeper you'll develop your own tricks of the trade, as many do.

However, there are some "secrets" that can make your life & your existence with them, far easier.

1. Be organized
a. select a space in your home that is your space for your spirits; be it a Charging Box, altar, regular box, drawer, etc., and be consistent about putting your spirited vessels in that exact space every time they are not with you.
b. keep all the information you received with your spirit somewhere handy, and when possible make notes on the paperwork you received about the type, color, & shape of the vessel the spirit is in, and any important notes about any likes/dislikes the practitioner/seller may have given you. You can keep the information in a binder, box, drawer, anywhere you won't lose it.

2. Communication
a. pick a day & time of the week where you can consistently commune with all your spirits for at least 15-30 minutes. It's important to be consistent for at least the first 30 days and if you are the type of person who cannot spend time with any number of them daily, then you need to have a communal gathering to help you all acclimate to each other.
b. learn their names. It sounds ridiculous to be saying, but you'd be surprised how often a Keeper forgets the names of their spirits. If your spirit has a difficult name to pronounce, then ask the spirit if they can give you an alternate version or a nick name between the two of you. Often times they are more than willing to ease any barrier!
c. relax. There is nothing good that will come of getting hyper, excitable, anxious, or stressed. These types of energies are a hindrance and will create unwanted blockages. Communicating with them takes you being an easy-going, relaxed Keeper who is open to any form of communication a spirit may wish to use.

3. Be Yourself
a. do not change your routine, personality, behavior, or any other aspect of yourself because you now have spirits with you. If there is some room for improvement that your spirits want to help you with, they will, but don't make drastic changes, let them help you gradually.
b. do not deter from following your daily routines, just make them a part of your life, invite them to help you in many ways

The spirits who are with you have chosen to be because they wanted to be with you as much as you wanted them. They can see things beyond our mortal sight & know things about you that you may not even know! Bear the fact you are sharing your life with a spirit that is beyond your mortal existence, and is beyond the physical realm.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
thedragonlover
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eagle
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

wow these are really wonderful tips that some of them i never heard of, thank you so much for repost this magnolia

The turning point

A proud keeper of wonderful spirits
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

This is really great, thank you. I have found that there is one little benefit to hiding my spirit keeping from the family, and that is that we (spirits and I) have our special little-sneaking around and little secret talks and meditation with each other. We have secret little whisper sessions in the bedroom while everyone else watches the tele in the living room. It's sort of small-scale fun 007. :) Your point on not changing yourself or your routines is especially important in this type of situation, because it forces one to adjust and incorporate their spirits into every day activities instead of feeling like, "I don't have time to meditate because I can't do it openly..."

Cheerz,
:peace: emzy

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Thanks Magnolia, that is good information, and really just good old common sense!!!!
Athene2012 wrote:This is really great, thank you. I have found that there is one little benefit to hiding my spirit keeping from the family, and that is that we (spirits and I) have our special little-sneaking around and little secret talks and meditation with each other. We have secret little whisper sessions in the bedroom while everyone else watches the tele in the living room. It's sort of small-scale fun 007. :) Your point on not changing yourself or your routines is especially important in this type of situation, because it forces one to adjust and incorporate their spirits into every day activities instead of feeling like, "I don't have time to meditate because I can't do it openly..."

Cheerz,
Athene, I just loved your post, as at times I do that as well, hehehehe. I will take some of my spirits to work, and of course it is sneaky of me to do, but then, they get to be with me and see what I do when working. Then on the way home some of us sing to the radio or cd that might be playing at the time, since it is a forty-five minute drive!!!!

So yes keeping our spirits involved in all we do, even if it is done covertly, hehehehe, is what we need to do, they want to be with us just as much as we wanted them to be!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Thank you Magnolia!=D It's such a helpful post!=)

-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
Scream when you feel shocked,
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Just remember, let out a smile,
for a finishing touch at the end!=)
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

Starfire, I can completely relate to the singing in the car! THat is a long commute you have, perfect time to get some good chats in. :applause:

I just love to belt it out in the car and/or be talking to my spirits about whatever...even the clouds that day, and probably the most priceless mention of it all is the look on other drivers faces!!! haha, at the stoplight I may just not look around to see what they are thinking. :wtf: <---crazy lady!

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
bliss4ever
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them :)

Fantastic post and tips Magnolia!

I do keep a book/folder with all of my spirits info etc and it is such a useful tool! I always come back to it and find information that I've forgotten.

brontegrey
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal, Greek
If I could be anything, I would be...: probably a pegasus
My magical/paranormal name...: n/a

starfire wrote:
I will take some of my spirits to work, and of course it is sneaky of me to do, but then, they get to be with me and see what I do when working. Then on the way home some of us sing to the radio or cd that might be playing at the time, since it is a forty-five minute drive!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

I have a charging pouch that I keep my stones and vessels in, and keep it in my pocket all the time. They go with me to work and the store, and we went to the zoo last weekend - they seemed to love the zoo. :) I'm trying to decide what to do with the stones - I got drilled stones, but I don't know the size of the holes, and can't decide if I want to just get chains to wear them on (to change them out, just the stone on a chain) (and I did order a cage, but it's in my layaway) or make them each their own individual necklace... so, for now, they are in the pouch. But they are still with me!

I also have a notebook - I had a blank journal that was leather bound and had handmade pages and looked like the kind of thing you would find with lots of sketches of faraway lands in some antique store, :D so I used that. I have written notes from the Encyclopedia entries about my guys, the info that came with them (taped in the cards), written in the info about the ones on layaway and the dates they were ordered (and then the dates they get here), write in notes on things they tell me they like to add to the associations list, and sketch pictures of the vessels. I even have an entry for me, since my encantado asked me to do an association list for me so he could get to know me better. :)

Bronte

Blessed to be sharing my life with: 3 angels, 1 Pegasus, 1 chupacabra, 1 encantado, 1 cambion, and quite a few Immortals.
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

Great points about organization! I need to get more organized.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

nightraven14 wrote:Great points about organization! I need to get more organized.
ooh yes, me too..!!
my vessels are all over the place.. :oops:

Greetings,Tasha

Return to “Seminars”