Black-eyed kids?

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
Truth_Seeker
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: I'm not sure.
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Satyr.
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sorrow
Zodiac:

This is so interesting, having an encounter with the BEK's is like a rare once in a lifetime experience. I would have had definitely let them in if they came knocking on my door. Once they are in I would just distance myself from them and talk to them and get to know them. If by any chance they start getting closer to me I'll just jump out of the window and start screaming diabolically. :thumbup:

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

When I read the description in the first post it made me think of young vampires.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
Zodiac:

I'm so fascinated by this topic. I wish there was more information about them.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I've been studying them for a while and think I've written a little more about my theories elsewhere on the forum. But so far from my experiences I believe them to be infernal/death entities whose aura of energy precedes them as per the source of their conception..which explains the feelings of dread people get in encounters.

I can't say they do not have malicious intent, only that from my findings their energy is inconsequential.

Of course the BEK phenomena others have come to know could be separate from what I've come to know; their purpose will remain a mystery as long as most everyone who has actually 'lived to tell' have recognized their inhuman traits rather than being persuaded by their disguise.

kenpodragon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Watcher on the wall
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Darkness from Light
Zodiac:

The only scary thing in this world is the unknown.

Have you ever met a fallen angel?
Have you ever met a kindly daemon?

The black eyes you see - eyes as windows to the soul...
That feeling of evil you have - mayhaps its just reacting to this strange energy you are encountering...

What was it like to have your first paranormal experience? What was it like going on your first ghost hunt? Were you scared, were you a skeptic?

One of these days, when I get elevated to the super secret rooms here, I'll talk a bit more about my "dark side" and return to the light.

Until then...

Take a walk on the darker side of life.
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

One of these days, when I get elevated to the super secret rooms here
:lol: YES, THE BOARD DOUBLES IN SIZE, IT'S LIKE A MAGICK TRICK

THE BEK ARE ONE OF THOSE PHENOMENA WHERE WHEN YOU TALK TO PEOPLE WHO'VE ACTUALLY SEEN THEM FACE-TO-FACE YOU GET MIXED REVIEWS. SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY FELT NO THREAT, OTHERS SAY THEY WERE SCARED FOR THEIR LIFE, BUT AS KENPO SAID, A LOT OF IT PROBABLY HAS TO DO WITH FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN. IT'S HUMAN INSTINCT TO FEAR THE UNKNOWN BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU ALIVE. PEOPLE WHO ARE NATURALLY CLOSER TO THAT BASE INSTINCT ARE GOING TO BE MORE JUMPY THAN THOSE WHO'VE TAKEN A STEP IN EVOLUTION.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Along those lines I'm sure it's a matter of upbringing as well, one's religious or superstitious beliefs that can so easily paint their impression. The whole basis of belief can radically change your perception, two people can appear to be having identical experiences but come out of it with completely opposing feedback. There is a power in belief that supersedes all else.

kenpodragon
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Watcher on the wall
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Darkness from Light
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:Along those lines I'm sure it's a matter of upbringing as well, one's religious or superstitious beliefs that can so easily paint their impression. The whole basis of belief can radically change your perception, two people can appear to be having identical experiences but come out of it with completely opposing feedback. There is a power in belief that supersedes all else.
Most definitely. Think about OBEs, and you'll find that those with religious upbringings are usually the ones who have the most difficulty having their first experience - fear of demons, possession, or death.

Take a walk on the darker side of life.
MynetteLoo
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 1

I have always felt drawn to this phenomena and studied it a long time. I too, just like Noctifera, have had vivid dreams about them. First I was scared, because I didn't know what was about to come, then it turned into curiosity. I even desired them to knock at my door, so I could ask all the questions lingering in my mind 2qt I then decided to adopt one and he never ever harmed me or did anything malicious.
I was being told that he waited for me.

His energy was dark but different, I am at loss of words to describe it fully. He is rather quiet and likes to watch things as I experienced, similar to shadow entities. Anyway, I can't say that they're good or bad, maybe it's just like with demons - there are good ones and bad ones. Keeping an open mind for new things to come and not rating right away is most possibly the best 2hp

"Long dead and reborn, in an ever-changing world, their souls linger forever and, in silence, they walk among us." - Asetian Bible

Infernal burns my heart, darkness is my light,
for ancient shadows were brought, leading me through the night.

❤In honour to my most beloved and cherished Spirit Companions, Ancestors, the Dark Lords and the Loa❤
brimstone
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

I'm not trying to be funny here, but I wonder why they always seem to be trying to get into someone's house?

Return to “Folklore & Legends”