FAVOURITE PICKS

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

King brings the story to somewhat of a close, but then enters in as the narrator and says you should stop reading there. That reading further gives an ending that perhaps does not tie up nicely the way everyone assumes an epic must...he actually pleads with you NOT to keep reading.

Which of course usually has the effect that people read it out of spite and curiosity, and then are angry at him.

I personally think this second ending makes a helluva lot more sense. Life does not "tie up nicely". But that's just me.

It isn't that it is a big Greek tragedy ending...just leaves more to question, more hanging in the balance.

Anything more and I'd ruin it...why are you sitting here? Go read!! :silly:

-Endy

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

endymionfate wrote:King brings the story to somewhat of a close, but then enters in as the narrator and says you should stop reading there. That reading further gives an ending that perhaps does not tie up nicely the way everyone assumes an epic must...he actually pleads with you NOT to keep reading.

Which of course usually has the effect that people read it out of spite and curiosity, and then are angry at him.

I personally think this second ending makes a helluva lot more sense. Life does not "tie up nicely". But that's just me.

It isn't that it is a big Greek tragedy ending...just leaves more to question, more hanging in the balance.

Anything more and I'd ruin it...why are you sitting here? Go read!! :silly:

-Endy
if it is part of the first paperback edition of the last book, then i HAVE read it. just hoping so.
I do know as I have the original first fewe books, he had re-released them with some added stuff, and those i do not have.
you do know he has a new one coming, yes? it is called through the keyhole, or something.

also, the peter straub books, the black house, and the talisman tie in to the dark tower, for those of you wanting to read now! :thumbup:
oh and one of the other books, eyes of the dragon, i think? that, i need to read too

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

Actually, a lot of his books do. I know for a fact "It", "The Stand", "The Shining", and the novella "Low Men in Yellow Coats" do, among others.
In the newest editions of The Dark tower series, it bold faces all the ones which do. I'm just too lazy to go dig them out of boxes right now ::facepalm::

-Endy

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

My favourite books at the moment are David Ickes for the sheer volume of research that goes into them, you can't put them down. You don't have to believe him but the evidence is there and you need only follow up on the notes to verify.
"...and the Truth shall set you free", "Tales through the time loop" "Through the looking Glass" to name a few.

Robert Anton Wilson with "Prometheus Rising" and "The Illuminatus Trilogy" and even "Schrondingers Cat", Then man is a barrel of knowledge and has such clarity with both fact and fiction. Recommend him thoroughly!

Paulo Coelho is another of my top authors. Shame the english translations do not do justice and a lot of portuguese "quirks" are not translatable, obviously "The Alchemist" but all of his books have a profound knowledge of the arcane. Very spiritual.

I also like Eliphas Levi and Israel Regardie for magick books as well as a great brazilian series on High Magik, a cocktail of Catholic, Native Indian and other cultures magik.

Philip Gardiner, Dan Brown, Stephen Kind, Spike Milligan all have their place in my bookshelves.

My big passion with books is the religious-historic books such as "The Book of Enoch", "The Coptic Scrolls", Mosess' Books, "The Bible Code(s)" etc. I love to try and decipher the cryptic messages hidden within.

"Conversations With God" and "Conversations With Archangels" are AMAZING and have stuck with me since reading them. These books are a MUST for any God believing person seeking answers. DONT DELAY find a torrent and download them today!!!

TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

i have some
1a small encyclopedio of paranormal or something(it has various occult practises that i enjoy reading and doing)
2 a book about runes (i really like the runes tho arent a good part of my path..yet)
3Another book(its more like a small compedium-magazine-photo album) that you woulnt understand unless are from here since you wont find it outside unless you get someone to get it to you(but il say that it deals with hmmdrifting and conspiricies (wiht some of them making sense from my own experence on conpirancy)
4Any book explaining that preperties of herbs plants metals and crystals(well each on of them needs a book (but i use crystals a bit (curently a green jade ot calm me down and heal my heart)) as for plants i am readying to do something.

Mostly encyclopedias
(tho if i had a book about psionincs i would say that too since i enjoy energy manipulation)
also a book to create thoughform i forot the title but it was pretty good not favorite but good to start form 0 to something
I dont have books mostly internet articles and magazines delain with diferent paths i have yet to find a book to make me go WOAH TIS MY NEW BIBBLE alas but i wont despair il find something (there are two and more book coming up that i know they may be good they may be fluff if i go WOAH then il say so and post a good review)

Return to “Books & Literature”