Necromancy

Do you want to teach others something? Let them shadow you!
suicidex66
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 41
Spelled Number: 66
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hey everyone, I really wanna revive this section as it would bring good information for everyone...as long as its comments are conductive to the topic. Im here to learn, not debate about right and wrong. I know that probably wont stop any of you though so Please if you post, be sure back up your comment and state why you feel that way. Thank you.

Iv never really looked into Necromancy before, is there anyone here that is an adept in it? Can you a describe it and what it encompasses? Maybe give some information on where someone new to it should start working?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I'm always in the midst of learning more, but have amassed a great deal through research, opening myself up to higher knowledge as well as guidance from supernatural sources, and my experience with the necromantic thus far.

Necromancy is a typically dark practice of magick that deals with death. It can encompass many things which relate to this primary focus - depending on what you seek to accomplish with it, how deeply you involve yourself, and what you find it means to you as you learn more.
With the focus being death... it can encompass work with the spiritual realm and spirits, elements of the underworld, life essence and energy manipulation, zombies, death energy that can be detected through the physical, and various ideas working into these. Usually on either a DA or BA level.

I would suggest getting a feel for death energy found spiritually, astrally, and physically. Observe your thoughts and feelings in reaction to this exposure, and also try to place yourself beyond that - to a state where you can experience this as purely as possible without the intrusion of your own being. Through both of these forms you will come to an understanding of it - through yourself, and directly. It's important to understand the nature of something.
Also confront any fear or uneasiness of death you may have. These things are basic if you intend to get into this, they need to happen one way or another.
Maybe find a companion to help guide you and support your journey if it seems fitting, perhaps a spirit that understands all of this and specializes in this realm of things.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I have no practical experience with necromancy, only what I've read online in the past, but I would like to suggest that,together with anything else you may do to learn more about it (research online,books,finding someone to teach you etc) you get a binding of a necromancer spirit. I am actually considering this myself, I posted about it just yesterday. I'm just hesitating a bit cause I'm not that into the DA and certainly not into BA so I don't know if it's a good ide to bring such a dark spirit in yet,but this obviously wouldn't be a problem for you since you're mainly interested in the darker side of DA and BA so I suggest you give it a try. I also think that a zombie can help too. Ash has written in the past that zombies can share knowledge regarding practices they witnessed so you can ask him to conjure one for you that has knowledge in this area.
If you find any interesting info on the subject please share cause I'm interested myself.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

http://www23.brinkster.com/falcis/
I found the above link in another thread. You may want to check it out.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

suicidex66
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Iv read some things about Lich's and find it very interesting. Im thinking of creating/getting a phylactery for myself. Does anyone have any information on the descent into Lichdom? Its probably a very secretive process, but any information that could be given would be greatly appreciated.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

suicidex66 wrote:Iv read some things about Lich's and find it very interesting. Im thinking of creating/getting a phylactery for myself. Does anyone have any information on the descent into Lichdom? Its probably a very secretive process, but any information that could be given would be greatly appreciated.
You have to be very careful about that.
True lichdom takes much immersion in the necromantic arts, and I don't believe you are ready to even consider it yet. It's ambitious of you to want to jump into that process, but it doesn't really work that way from my knowledge... and there is much needed to think about if aspiring to such a level.

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

To me that just sounded like straight out of a sci-fi novel,

Noc, since you seem to know what suicidex is talkign about, could you elaborate a little on this descent into lichdom process?
I am sure many of us here are not aware of what this means. Thanks!

Pardon me for this ::hijack:: but I am curious to know! Thanks!

Anna
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

anna24 wrote:To me that just sounded like straight out of a sci-fi novel,

Noc, since you seem to know what suicidex is talkign about, could you elaborate a little on this descent into lichdom process?
I am sure many of us here are not aware of what this means. Thanks!

Pardon me for this ::hijack:: but I am curious to know! Thanks!
Haha, no problem.

A lich is known as a supernatural entity of sorts, that reaches such a state through necromantic power. That state has been considered "undead" in myth, similar in ways to a mythological idea of the vampire - but relating to death and necromancy (and so with differences based upon that).
It is my understanding that a way to reach that state is through full immersion in the necromantic arts, alignment with death to such an extent that you are no longer quite "human" anymore... basically. It means much power for the individual involved, as one in that state would have greater access to the realm of death - enabling them to exemplify an otherworldly level of ability that can't be reached otherwise.
There are obviously dangers, and as one interested in the practice of necromancy even I am very hesitant about pursuing things to such a level (although i've considered how certain circumstances can alter the overall effect).

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Thank you for explaining so beautifully, :heart:

Anna
suicidex66
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Noc do you know what Thanatonic Awareness and the hand signs of dark creation are?

Return to “Shadow Me”