You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

I did some research not long ago and the fenrir are apparently descendants of the one fenrir who had been spawned by Loki. There is a whole race of them now and I'm pretty sure they can fall anywhere from light DA to very dark DA depending on the individual. They're great for protection.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

Thank you Terror and Ashira for your clarification...

I take it somehow the Fenrir managed to procreate before being chained up...

Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Sorry for double post... too late to edit...

This is the wikipedia entry for Fenrir....

In Norse mythology, Fenrir (Old Norse: "fen-dweller"),[1] Fenrisúlfr (Old Norse: "Fenris wolf"),[2] Hróðvitnir (Old Norse: "fame-wolf"),[3] or Vánagandr (Old Norse: "the monster of the river Ván")[4] is a monstrous wolf. Fenrir is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and the Prose Edda and Heimskringla, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. In both the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, Fenrir is the father of the wolves Sköll and Hati Hróðvitnisson, is a son of Loki, and is foretold to kill the god Odin during the events of Ragnarök, but will in turn be killed by Odin's son Víðarr.
In the Prose Edda, additional information is given about Fenrir, including that, due to the gods' knowledge of prophecies foretelling great trouble from Fenrir and his rapid growth, the gods bound him, and as a result Fenrir bit off the right hand of the god Týr. Depictions of Fenrir have been identified on various objects, and scholarly theories have been proposed regarding Fenrir's relation to other canine beings in Norse mythology. Fenrir has been the subject of artistic depictions, and he appears in literature.

Seems like he had two sons Skoll and Hati Hróðvitnisson so all other must come from these.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I've posted about this in other threads,
Here -

NoctemAeternus wrote:Actually this is a race of beings, so there have been many. It may be more fitting to refer to them as fenris wolves, although "fenrir" is fair enough in relating things.

There is the "immortal" Fenrir of mythology, but of course it doesn't mean he's the only one of his kind. It seems to me that in instances like these, the entity typically referred to is simply an infamous personality, significant to myth. The Fenrir of norse myth was a particular monstrous entity said to be a spawn of Loki which granted him by default the significance I mention. His existence is likely the origin of the race of fenrir/fenris wolves - so his influence would be prominent in them, making for unique wolf-entities sharing his personal attributes.
For some reference to how it may have progressed, The Fenrir has also been said to have fathered two wolf sons which were obviously not average wolves, so they could likely be considered fenris wolves themselves. Therefore going along with what myth suggests, things could have developed from there.

Also addressed here -

NoctemAeternus wrote:I have always been aware of races of beings like the fenris wolves and minotaurs as those "undiscovered" in mythology.

What I mean by this is, there is the fenris wolf documented in norse myth, and he is described as he was a prominent figure. That particular fenrir was heavily involved amongst the immortals.
They say that such a creature was the offspring of Loki, but perhaps *one* symbolizes many that came forth - or perhaps this very fact is crucial as it tells us that his particular popularity was due to being born of two known figures in norse myth.
Other fenris wolves could have been born of different circumstances amongst the same background, but not in the way that the fenrir mentioned in legend was.

So..the minotaur and the fenrir of legend are sort of like "celebrities" amongst the race of fenrir and minotaur due to their unique circumstances, if that makes sense.
The example of the gorgon Medusa works into this very well, she was a gorgon like other gorgons - but became a prominent figure through her particular dealings. Immortalised for her place in mythology.
I am sure you could contact the popular minotaur of myth, or fenrir of myth, or Medusa - but they take on immortal-status.

It is also similar to how in many pantheons you can read about humans who through their actions became immortals, or were involved amongst the immortals. There were many other human beings around at these times, but only a select few became involved in larger events - and due to this they are well-known.

It really is the same as with any prominent figures in society, there are many people out there, but some will be more well-known than others. Some will play a bigger role, and be more influential.
Hope this clarifies things.

Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Thanks a lot Noctem... you are always a fountain of knowledge!

jcampanholi
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: fenrir
If I could be anything, I would be...: don´t know
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: don´t know

Hi, how are you?? You have a Fenrir visit when?? i have one two, did ask for it?

can I know more what he told you?

I´m from Brazil...

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Fenrir is a primordial Giant, basically an "Immortal" or God. He's not a 'creature' there's no race of fenrir but he does have a race of wolves that he created in his Image. The actual Fenrir has a human form and his primordial Giant form which is usually in the form of a giant wolf. He's the son of Loki and Angrboda. His race are wolves but he himself is not, it's just a form a particular tribe of the Norse Immortals/Giants take, he is one of the few Death Immortal Gods in Norse Pantheon along with Hel and Jomangandr.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Also to note Fenrir wasn't really chained up, sadly mythology is just a means to spawn entertainment among humanity, there's also the fact Snorri the translator was a Christian so he did alter quite a bit to create a light vs dark story to grab the reader. Fenrir had a wife and children, but the creation of the Fenrir wolves aren't by means of procreation or anything but through an immortal having the power to create life dependent from themselves.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
ravenspiritdancer64
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
If I could be anything, I would be...: werewolf/werebear
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Spiritdancer
Zodiac:

Rungr wrote:Also to note Fenrir wasn't really chained up, sadly mythology is just a means to spawn entertainment among humanity, there's also the fact Snorri the translator was a Christian so he did alter quite a bit to create a light vs dark story to grab the reader. Fenrir had a wife and children, but the creation of the Fenrir wolves aren't by means of procreation or anything but through an immortal having the power to create life dependent from themselves.
Ty Ty. Most don't realize Snorri was a Christian and filtered his translations through the Christian Dichotomy of Good and Evil, where Loki and his children were equated to Satan and his demon spawn. I have worked with Loki, and Hel, extensively for over 25 years and they are good, caring Immortals. But but they don't put up with any BS either. And Gods forbid if someone tries to mess with me. Loki has my back, and seeks vengeance on my behalf without me even asking.

"It's ok to talk to yourself. It's even ok to argue with yourself, but, if you argue with yourself and you lose, you are in trouble."

4 Spirit so far: "WM", part of the Tuatha De Danann but one who has chosen to reincarnate many times; "L", a Bja Alliance High Elf, custom conjure, to help me with physical healing. "C" and "M" , both Cambions.
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I work with the Jotun, Aesir, and Vanir due to soul ties to them. The jotun themselves are huge primordial beings and ancestors to the others but their divinity is often ignored due to the very primordial nature they are. I personally link Loki to Vé through my own experiences and research as mentioned blood brother to Odin most see as just an oath. However, he was there when Odin sacrificed himself to himself, he is often linked to Lodurr who is also linked to Vé so Loki has quite the history and ties throughout the entirety of the pantheon and his children are pretty respected among jotun and Aesir.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss

Return to “Dark Arts”