You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn, Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thylacine
Zodiac:

Kelpie....I feel a very strong pull towards this spirit type. Does/will CH do a custom conjuration of this specific spirit? I would love to get one but it seems they are a little on the Darker side so my concern is whether they are too Dark to sell at CH....however, they are listed as DA (Grey) so it seems as though I could do a custom and write Kelpie in the notes section.....anybody keep this specific spirit? I would love to hear any stories.

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0

I have a kelpie calling as well (for awhile now, actually) and unfortunately there's not much info about them on the forum. Some seem to list them as BA and some as DA. I have a thread from awhile ago that didn't get much response. If you do a search, you can see the other threads I'm referring to. Here's hoping someone has a responses I'd like more info, too.

And yes, for CH you'd use the listing for "don't see a spirit you're looking for" and write it out in the notes because they're not in the drop-down.

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

I'm actUally hoping Mags responds as they are DA in the encyclopedia.

~8>X
thylacine311
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Yeah that is what confused me...they are listed as DA (and Grey) but are no offered in the store. That is a great idea to put a 2nd spirit just in case in the notes section. The encyclopedia makes them out to be beautiful and protective of their keeper.....but also I have heard other stories of visions of drowning victims. I have always been drawn to the ocean and water and would like to further explore that world. :)

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

Lionox wrote:
Farrell wrote:I'm actUally hoping Mags responds as they are DA in the encyclopedia.
OH my apologies then Farrell! I never knew they were in the encyclopedia! Aaah, then they should be perfectly fine :)
No worries, that's why I'd like Mags to weigh in. I'm inclined to think that if they're in the encyclopedia that they are hard and fast gray, but I haven't wanted to actually get one until I had more info.

Actually, I may get one in the sale tomorrow. Typing this out made me just decide to go for it. Have no idea why as there was nothing profound or new in my statement??? Bizarre.

~8>X
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Found it!
creepyhollows wrote:Kelpies are actually considered grey arts because not all fall into the Black Arts rating.

Any that are Black Arts have to go through a pre-approval process before we will bind them for someone because we do not offer Black Arts to the general public for obvious reasons.
I was sure i had read somewhere that magnolia had commented on kelpies before and i finally found it for you.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

Thank you, Jumbo! I meant to search last night and got distracted as I had remembered reading that as well. I am going to be sure to put something in the notes section that I do not want one who is BA. Thanks!

~8>X
thylacine311
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you Jumbo! That was very helpful :D ....I also will include in the notes about wanting a Grey Kelpie....I am thinking of putting it in a Halloween Binding of 3 (Kelpie, Bansee, Werewolf or Hellhound) with the possibility of a Fenrir as a backup if I cannot get a Kelpie.....i really love Scottish/Irish spirits. :D

thylacine311
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Farrell, did you ever end up ordering and/or asking about a Kelpie conjuration? Just wondering....I did not yet but am looking at the possibility depending on the Halloween sale! :D

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

I did! I ordered a custom and specified that if only BA came through, then to replace with a Karkadann. Order is still pending. I'll update you once I get a shipping notification :D

~8>X

Return to “Dark Arts”