Drac

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Yay! I knew I sensed him around the other day. Just saw that my Drac spirit is on his way to me. Will update once his vessel arrives and we start bonding some.
Has anyone else worked with this spirit?

QuantumWater
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Surprised no one has worked with this spirit. Dark and Black entities are different than WA entities. Not all of them, but from my own experience some entities prefer to be controlled with a strong hand. In order to "tame" a spirit in the other world it requires a bit of wrestling with it, and dolling out energy in a specified manner to control its actions. Some entities operate more off instinct. Its the same technique for controlling a Succubus, except you use sex energy......rather than......TREATS....LOL

Go Big or Go Home.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Anyone? Nobody? Lol.

Well I had been intrigued by the description for a while and they seem to have many really great attributes that would be appreciated by those involved in DA.
Through a bit of research I noticed the suggestion that the drac has been known to work with magick. They are obviously a dark race of dragon, but with the special ability to shapeshift which not all dragon-types commonly possess. They have resided in underwater habitats but they cannot be identified too much with sea serpents because as noted in the myth, they sometimes walk amongst humans invisibly.

Mine has seemed to be observing me rather than interacting after his arrival.
I was pretty sure I witnessed a manifestation of him the day or so prior to getting notice of completion for the binding. While I was in a strange state coming out of sleep, there was this weird blue blob of light which was shifting around a bit, near the ceiling in the dark of my room. I had the feeling it was the drac and acknowledged that in the presence of this manifestation.

There is a very natural connection sensed between myself and this being in terms of energy, likely based on certain ties we share. It will be interesting to see how this progresses and influences any workings incorporating his presence.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Would you say a drac is a weredragon, then, since it has shape-shifting abilities?

My dragon from the ancient stash of scottish rings has "were" abilities. I'm still learning about him, as he is a mystery and proud of his secrets. He is associated w/water, can be swimming and coming out of the water in his realm almost like Nessie but he's not a sea serpent, he's clearly a dragon... he shape-shifted into a human the last time we meditated together. He is midnight black/blue and now I"m wondering... could he be a drac or something similar? His origins are unknown.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:Would you say a drac is a weredragon, then, since it has shape-shifting abilities?

My dragon from the ancient stash of scottish rings has "were" abilities. I'm still learning about him, as he is a mystery and proud of his secrets. He is associated w/water, can be swimming and coming out of the water in his realm almost like Nessie but he's not a sea serpent, he's clearly a dragon... he shape-shifted into a human the last time we meditated together. He is midnight black/blue and now I"m wondering... could he be a drac or something similar? His origins are unknown.
That is very interesting! Could be, there are definite similarities in association. Although should be noted that the Drac is of French origin, in contrast (but this wouldn't necessarily stop there being a relation).
Surely there are other dragon races out there with similar attributes though, that we haven't been exposed to knowledge of - so it certainly could be a unique type apart from anything recorded (or perhaps there is info available, never know what you may discover with some digging).

I wouldn't call the drac a were-dragon as "were" signifies human form, and the drac can shapeshift into just about anything (such as a golden chalice).
It's possible the dragon you have with you is some variant of were though, if that is his primary/only other form.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

NoctemAeternus wrote:
Terror Misu wrote:Would you say a drac is a weredragon, then, since it has shape-shifting abilities?

That is very interesting! Could be, there are definite similarities in association. Although should be noted that the Drac is of French origin, in contrast (but this wouldn't necessarily stop there being a relation).
Surely there are other dragon races out there with similar attributes though, that we haven't been exposed to knowledge of - so it certainly could be a unique type apart from anything recorded (or perhaps there is info available, never know what you may discover with some digging).

I wouldn't call the drac a were-dragon as "were" signifies human form, and the drac can shapeshift into just about anything (such as a golden chalice).
It's possible the dragon you have with you is some variant of were though, if that is his primary/only other form.
Well, as the story goes, as related from the VS Bros., a Scottish man on the Orkney Isles. discovered a huge stash of ancient rings in his backyard... most likely Viking plunder, so I can only speculate that perhaps the ring wasn't originally from the Orkney Islands. They think these rings were ripped from their original owners and carried quite far. I do know one of the rings in the stash came with a French gargoyle. I haven't had time to bond with this fellow, but we conversed a bit before I bid on his item. So, now I'm going to ask my Orkney dragon "Are you a drac or somehow related?"

If not, "were-dragon", then perhaps "dragon-were"??? I sense he is a true dragon but he can shape-shift into a human. Very strange, indeed. He is a mystery.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:Well, as the story goes, as related from the VS Bros., a Scottish man on the Orkney Isles. discovered a huge stash of ancient rings in his backyard... most likely Viking plunder, so I can only speculate that perhaps the ring wasn't originally from the Orkney Islands. They think these rings were ripped from their original owners and carried quite far. I do know one of the rings in the stash came with a French gargoyle. I haven't had time to bond with this fellow, but we conversed a bit before I bid on his item. So, now I'm going to ask my Orkney dragon "Are you a drac or somehow related?"

If not, "were-dragon", then perhaps "dragon-were"??? I sense he is a true dragon but he can shape-shift into a human. Very strange, indeed. He is a mystery.
Hmm yes, I recall bits of this from reading some of your thread on the rings. Definitely - you should inquire this of the dragon.
Mysteries are wonderful things.. do share more of what you discover as this one unfolds.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Though this be an ancient thread