Tarot for Writers

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Found this book and I am going to work with it as I get ready for NANO this year. I think this could be fun. Here is a like for the interested. Have any of you ever used your tarot or oracles to help plot out a story or characters lives. I have some fan fiction I want to finish up, but then after that it full out planning.

http://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Writers-Cor ... 484&sr=8-1

i think the possibilities of using tarot for writing are endless!
AltarCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons/Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I LOVE this concept. I haven't gotten the book but am working out using tarot for writing.

A few days ago I worked out a character sheet and am using that to create a new character. The hardest part for me is getting back into the flow of writing. But the tarot gives me ideas to work off of. I've even began to offer this on another site where people need characters and plots (Although I haven't worked out the details and no takers just yet)

Please let me know about the book and if you find it gives really good info on things like character development. I always worry that with books I get- I wind up thinking "I knew that already..." as they don't really offer any new breakthrough info.
~*Dua Anpu*~
My Tarot/Conjure Reviews: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39614
Conjurer/Witch/Tarot Reader of: Treeleafe Tarot | AltarCat Emporium | The Crystal Moon
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Well I really enjoyed her Tarot Journaling book and I will deff let you know what I think!!!

I think that is so cool that you are already doing this. It is something that I just saw and got when I picked up the book. I hope to start later this week, just closing up some other projects.

My issues is actually sitting down and writing it out. i can have full run plots but the writing is the hard thing. Maybe with the tarot I'll flesh it out a little more so I have to write.
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I saw this book but didn't buyed for the same reason as TreeLeafe. I used tarot for writing before to flash the plot and characters and it can have interesting results but most of the time I just give it up because I already have everything in my head.

I have problems in sitting down too, or keeping up with the pace of my mind and not lossing details. Voice recorder can help, or keeping I'm like a kid with ADD, so I need to keep things interesting like colored pens and different paper. I also have a notebook that I take everywhere to write ideas or story parts that come to my mind, so I feel more motived to write. By the way, welcome to Nano!
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

All great ideas Mary! and Thanks!!!!! I am excited for this year!
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Already plotting fo NANO and hoping I can stick with it this year. Last year so much negativity was going on in work that I fizzled out in the first week, which was sad. :( But I have an idea, just need motivation. Maybe I should get a muse.

I gotta know, Merchen, what do you write fanfiction for? *is a fellow fanficcer*
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Oh all kinds and most of them are tiny Fandoms of like ME. LOL i watch a show..and then I end up going..wait a minute that isn't how it goes. That is not how I would do it.

I also write Bandom. and that is my guilty pleasure. Back in the day, I wrote LOTR, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Harry Potter, ROOKIES, Tokyo Ghost Trip, RH + there are just so many. how about you? Oh I tried my hand at Dr. Who and The Green Hornet for challenges.
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

OMG! Guilty Bandom reader! :lol: RH+, awesome! Do you post online? Just wondering if I read something yours :lol:
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Merchendiver wrote:Oh all kinds and most of them are tiny Fandoms of like ME. LOL i watch a show..and then I end up going..wait a minute that isn't how it goes. That is not how I would do it.

I also write Bandom. and that is my guilty pleasure. Back in the day, I wrote LOTR, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Harry Potter, ROOKIES, Tokyo Ghost Trip, RH + there are just so many. how about you? Oh I tried my hand at Dr. Who and The Green Hornet for challenges.
I tend to write more anime than anything. I"m well known in the Samurai Deeper Kyo area, and have branched out in a few others as well. It seems that I tend to gravitate for some of the more lesser known series, or more bizarre pairings, probably because there are so many in the popular series that nearly every storyline has been done to death. :computer: But I love fanfiction, and I always come back for more and am willing to dig through ff.net to find the gold under the coal. :D
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

LOL I doubt it. I tend to post in a closed circle because I am SHY and I like strange pairing. Ageha and Tamrua, is hardly EVER written.

That is so neat Alycat. I love weird pairings. It is so much fun to make them work and find reasons for them

*high five for my fandom people!*

Return to “Books & Literature”