acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've had this piece for less than a week, and would normally wait at least a month before giving any sort of review... but I just have to say WOW

I am using this piece in conjunction with the binding to transform energy and it is the most butt kicking combination for dealing with disordered energies either internal or external. The range of applications is simply staggering. If you are one of the people who deals with the current disorder (customer service, healthcare, criminal justice system, school, food service, etc) or is having personal challenges with anxiety or emotional instability you MUST GET THESE TWO PIECES!

Actually, I've changed my mind... Everyone needs to have these two. There is no level of experience from squealing newb to the most adept that wont benefit from this combination.

The following is a slightly edited entry from my personal records:

I LOVE this piece. It invokes a cool tingly pepperminty shield between the wearer and the unpleasant emotion. And here’s the Best part, it doesn’t matter if the unpleasant emotional energy is coming from an external or internal source.

It does not change the energy, or even stop it from occurring, it simply provides a barrier between the wearer and the emotion.

If, for example, you are freaking out and jittering with anxiety. Invoke the binding, and a thin minty shield that seems to be a combination of I don’t care and This does not effect me closely surrounds you. The wearer realizes that, on some level, they are still freaking out, but it’s at a distance. At first, I thought it was numbness… but it isn’t. The wearer is simply Unaffected.

Another example.
You (the wearer) find yourself in a situation where you must endure someone spraying bad energy right at you. Off the top of my head I can think of; bullying bosses, prison inmates, nasty customers, or anyone in acute distress. It’s difficulty to shield from a heavy or constant barrage even if you’re fairly skilled. (most people don’t practice shielding under “attack” and it isn’t as easy as doing it at home on your bed) Invoke this binding and… aahh… you’re wearing a peppermint teflon suit and it all just slides right off. It doesn’t stop the other person from spraying, but you don’t have to be effected or get involved in their issues.
Crystalspirit
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vamps/fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi maythen,
I know I haven't been on the forum for a while but there are good reasons for it, security related, but don't want to get into it here yet. It's so public the forum and I've had an incident.

These two items interest me greatly. Thank you for putting up your experiences. These sound suited to the current disorder and challenges I'm in the middle of right now. A good shield/barrier between threatening emotions aimed at me while I battle for a very important resolution sounds wonderful. I particularly like the property of feeling distant from whats being aimed at me.

Transform energy and emotional resistance sound perfect for my current situation. I will be definately getting them.

One question. my empathic abilities have really increased lately. Do you think this will protect me from picking up others emotions around me too. Have you noticed this affect at all? Perhaps on a more permanent basis. what do you think. Or is it too early to tell. Even a little distance from what I pick up would be appreciated right now.

Thank you for putting up this review Maythen. Very helpful. Am grateful.

I'm glad they're being of benefil to you.
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

I think maybe I need one of these. lol I don't handle stress well yet seem to be a magnet for it. I also tend to have a short temper. And I've been dealing with some deep emotional pain that I don't know quite how to deal with. I was actually wondering last night about what I could do to deal with that, so maybe I need to consider one of these next time I order stuff.
ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
yoficreations
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: haven't received yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: wouldn't
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: don't have one yet

Hi, thank you for your review.

I found your review very informative but was puzzled where you state " Invoke the binding": how do you invoke the binding, and do you really have to? I thought CH's spells worked intuitively?

Please clarify this point. I've so many spells from CH, I can't imagine having to invoke themto work for me, especialy when I was under the impression that I need do nothing and they intuitively work for me.

Thanks.
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

yoficreations wrote:Hi, thank you for your review.

I found your review very informative but was puzzled where you state " Invoke the binding": how do you invoke the binding, and do you really have to? I thought CH's spells worked intuitively?

Please clarify this point. I've so many spells from CH, I can't imagine having to invoke themto work for me, especialy when I was under the impression that I need do nothing and they intuitively work for me.

Thanks.
Actually, there ARE items in the CH store which have bindings that require an invocation to activate them. The Lazy Orb has at least one such binding on it and I think the Dynamic Discoveries orb does as well. I'm sure the instructions included in the package contain the invocations. Due to the way this item works, I'm sure Ash & Mags thought it wise to make it so you have to activate it to use this function...would probably be a bad idea to have this continually "on."
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

In regards to empathy...

I do not struggle with this particular issue, so understand that I'm not speaking from a personal experience. But if your primary issue is controlling empthy you would probably benefit more from the abilities tuner than this particular piece. (searching the CH store should net you the piece I'm referring to.) Coping with Empathy requires a strong sense of self, excellent shields, and fine tuned control of your own gifts.

I still highly reccomend this piece, but I don't think it's the #1 choice for what you need.
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Not sure who that was directed to. My particular case isn't in regards to empathy but simply my own emotions.
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

In regards to invoking this (and other) bindings...

The Emotional Resilience piece has a code word. When I use the term "invoke" what I mean (in this case) is holding the piece either in my hand or against my skin, focusing my intent, and speaking aloud (direct thought works too) the code word to activate the piece.

However, I use focused intent with ALL of my pieces, not just those that require code words. Most CH listings do specify that simply having the item in your household is sufficient, but I personally believe that you get out of things what you put into them.

I want a deep personal relationship with the pieces in my Keeping and I don't feel that chucking them in a box and ignoring them is the best way to go about making that happen. My way is not everyones way and I'm fairly certain that it's an increasingly "old school" attitude. It works just fine for me though.
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Ashira wrote:Not sure who that was directed to. My particular case isn't in regards to empathy but simply my own emotions.
a previous poster asked about empathy.

I highly reccomend this piece for dealing with one's own emotions. If you have an over abundance of a particular energy then I'm fairly certain you would benefit from the Energy Transformation binding as well.

Seriously, these two are just fantastic.
yoficreations
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: haven't received yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: wouldn't
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: don't have one yet

Thanks for your prompt replies. Actually, I have by spelled items bound to me and wear them in turn (can't wear all the pieces all at once!); I don't put them in a box and forget about them.

If you were wearing the vessel on your person, in a pocket, or bra, for example, wouldn't it serve the same purpose as holding it in your hand?

I understand that some items have code words provided by CH - in instances where there are no code words, how do you invoke the spell you desire? Do you just concentrate on it?

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”