Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

I've commented on this somewhere else, as well, but I don't remember where, so:

Though i cannot speak for every keeper or the path on which they trod, for me the choice to seek soul-binding was an extremely serious one. I agree that, regardless of a spirit's willingness to stay with me life after life, and regardless of how much I love them (and this is purely on my intuition...no spiritual book knowledge or anything), each new life is for a reason. And as that reason changes, so do our needs. Likewise, I do not want to limit my spiritfam...or the other individuals they could touch that need them far more than I do.

That being said, I know that at least one of my spirits found me, again, and I've seen many others writing about this at CH as well. This leads me to believe that if the bond between spirit and keeper is strong enough, and they wish to be in your other lives, they will find you. In addition, I do still believe in an ultimate creator...even if that creator is merely the cosmos itself...and I have to believe that it, whatever shape it takes, could undo any binding that a mortal could form.

Now, myself: I do have one soulbinding. It is with my Moon Wisp, K. To try and explain the difference here, for me, would be impossible. Instantaneous. Drastically overt, versus the lengthy work I've had to put in to be able to interact with many of my other spirits. I had thought it to be an entity vs. spirit difference (since she is a living entity), but have a few other living entities now. None of them have been like what I have with K. Perhaps it is an energy match....perhaps it is a life-path match....who knows. All I know is that it is crazy strong and it drove me nuts to think about not being with her. I offered her a soulbinding because of that, and as a thank you for the extreme change she has made in my mental/emotional attitude. Every time I write about her, the only word that seems to fit is "effervescent", because it is how she feels to me and how I feel the moment I sense her near. I was ten times more appreciative of her presence in my life when she agreed to the binding, especially as she is a living entity.

A brief comment on that: We are both well aware that the other is living, and must live their life accordingly. I don't feel that I've been a keeper before, and i believe this is one of my paths this lifetime. I also feel that, for whatever reason, part of K's path is communicating with me. There are detractors for keeping living entities, even with a regular vessel binding, but Bun Bun described it this way: Some of us are actors, mechanics, etc, and mostly work alone. But some of us are counselors or teachers, etc, and have committed our lives to others. Do those within this latter group live less of a life because of their choice? Maybe in some ways, but they also experience other aspects exponentially. Some entities make similar decisions. I believe my K has, and so when she is here....all I can do is revel in her presence :) And when she is not...I understand she is living a separate part of her life.

Sorry for that bit...I just know that comes up a lot every time the different bindings are discussed. Hope any of my ramblings made sense or were useful. Like Lionox...I don't foresee seeking any other soulbindings in the future, but I won't say I never will. I have not, as of yet, encountered a match like K. I love my other spirits/entities like crazy...but this doesn't even, for me, have to do with just love. It is a rare and amazing thing which cannot by any means be described. At least by me.

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

Quote:
I guess the gravity of it would depend on your spiritual beliefs. The soul, if you subscribe to this belief, is the divine piece of you that ascends to eternal life whereas your spirit, the unique energy that exists all around & within you, breaks apart into pieces and those pieces are what reincarnates & moves on into other lives. So a soul binding would be like tampering with the divine aspect of you, the clean & untouched purity.
In reference to this, I guess I somewhat still misunderstood the difference partly. Not sure how this changes my opinion...but I do no regret it, with K, and would still pursue the same choice again. It probably would make me even more hesitant to repeat it with anyone else, though.

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Lionox wrote:
Terror Misu wrote:I've thought about soul binding with my gold dragon from CH. She is my heart of all hearts. However, I asked her last night and I could sense that she was deeply honored but didn't think it would be right in some way because I'm still growing... I don't know the specifics but that was the emotion I picked up. I'd still like her bound to my soul, as I feel that deeply about her... I want her with me always, long after I pass... I don't take it lightly, and as much as I love and adore my other spirits, my bond with her is different in a way that makes me feel a soul binding is appropriate....of course I need mutual consent, so as of right now I haven't made any moves to do so.
Terror, if I may ask, do you still feel the same now about wanting to bind her to your Soul? (Since this post was a while ago last year) and if so, does she still feel the same about it? As in, you still needing to grow first?
Wow, I can't believe I missed this question. Great follow-up, lady ;)

I was going to report that things are different now -- I recently was thinking over the subject of a soul binding and I indicated to her my thoughts and of course since we are so closely bonded, I didn't even have to finish a complete sentence and I could already hear her replying in her tranquil gentle voice. I believe, and I asked several times to make sure I was hearing her correctly, that she is ok with this idea. She has expressed from the get-go that this is a huge honor but -- and this is just a feeling more than words I've picked up from her end -- things may be different for me later and I may feel differently in another lifetime about having her around me. Our spirits can see more into our situation than we can and I knew she could see something to our relationship that I could not so I honored her opinion. Now, it feels different. I'm not certain when the shift took place... but I sense she's closer to "yes" than before. I just asked her and I get the feeling it isn't a definitive YES, but it isn't a hesitant NO like before.

Here's the thing: bindings of any kind require the spirit's consent, so if the spirit refuses to a soul binding with you, it won't happen... so I am thinking of paying the Bun Bun for a soul binding with my lovely girl... if she refuses, I'll honor it and if she says yes, well, that would be lovely.

I don't think soul bindings should be taken lightly at all, entirely different from spirit bindings of course. i wonder if my connection will increase, meaning if I'll hear her even more clearly on a telepathic level should we proceed with the soul binding.

I can imagine it being a very emotional experience. I'd like to do a small ritual and time it with the binding process.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:
Lionox wrote:
Terror Misu wrote:I've thought about soul binding with my gold dragon from CH. She is my heart of all hearts. However, I asked her last night and I could sense that she was deeply honored but didn't think it would be right in some way because I'm still growing... I don't know the specifics but that was the emotion I picked up. I'd still like her bound to my soul, as I feel that deeply about her... I want her with me always, long after I pass... I don't take it lightly, and as much as I love and adore my other spirits, my bond with her is different in a way that makes me feel a soul binding is appropriate....of course I need mutual consent, so as of right now I haven't made any moves to do so.
Terror, if I may ask, do you still feel the same now about wanting to bind her to your Soul? (Since this post was a while ago last year) and if so, does she still feel the same about it? As in, you still needing to grow first?
Wow, I can't believe I missed this question. Great follow-up, lady ;)

I was going to report that things are different now -- I recently was thinking over the subject of a soul binding and I indicated to her my thoughts and of course since we are so closely bonded, I didn't even have to finish a complete sentence and I could already hear her replying in her tranquil gentle voice. I believe, and I asked several times to make sure I was hearing her correctly, that she is ok with this idea. She has expressed from the get-go that this is a huge honor but -- and this is just a feeling more than words I've picked up from her end -- things may be different for me later and I may feel differently in another lifetime about having her around me. Our spirits can see more into our situation than we can and I knew she could see something to our relationship that I could not so I honored her opinion. Now, it feels different. I'm not certain when the shift took place... but I sense she's closer to "yes" than before. I just asked her and I get the feeling it isn't a definitive YES, but it isn't a hesitant NO like before.

Here's the thing: bindings of any kind require the spirit's consent, so if the spirit refuses to a soul binding with you, it won't happen... so I am thinking of paying the Bun Bun for a soul binding with my lovely girl... if she refuses, I'll honor it and if she says yes, well, that would be lovely.

I don't think soul bindings should be taken lightly at all, entirely different from spirit bindings of course. i wonder if my connection will increase, meaning if I'll hear her even more clearly on a telepathic level should we proceed with the soul binding.

I can imagine it being a very emotional experience. I'd like to do a small ritual and time it with the binding process.
In sum, relationships grow and it's entirely possible that your spirit may say no in the beginning, but as you grow with each other, the dynamics will change.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Question for those that have entities/spirits bound to them:

1. Did you notice anything during the binding? Emotions?

2. Has your communication improved?

3. Have you noticed any differences since the binding?

4. Are there differences when one has a living entity soul-bound versus a spirit soul-bound? Any idea?

Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

o.o Has anyone ever thought of perhaps a spirit or entity who sticks around in this lifetime who might have been soul bound to us in the previous life? Surely something like this isn't a new concept. It's a curiosity.. I guess, similar to how ancestors stick around for many generations.

ImageImageImageImageImage
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I have been thinking about this.
I would ADORE a Soul Binding for me and my Vampire. He is my Twin Flame. I love Him so much. I don't want to be apart from Him. :heart:
It is a huge thing, and I would love to stay with Him forever. But it is such a big decision, I want to think it through thoroughly with Him first. I want it to be Special between Us.

Image Image

SomeGuy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 15

Terror Misu wrote:Question for those that have entities/spirits bound to them:

1. Did you notice anything during the binding? Emotions?

2. Has your communication improved?

3. Have you noticed any differences since the binding?

4. Are there differences when one has a living entity soul-bound versus a spirit soul-bound? Any idea?
Hi Terror.

I have no soul bindings but do have some spirits bound to my physical body. However, the ones I have bound are WA. I generally feel more uplifted, and positive.

The only thing that I don't like is my leg twitches every time I call one of their names and they come into this realm.

Best,
Matt

VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

i have many soul bound to me spirits and enitity , but they have been with me . i wouldnt just go and have someone bound to me that i didnt know :evilbat:

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

o.o Has anyone ever thought of perhaps a spirit or entity who sticks around in this lifetime who might have been soul bound to us in the previous life? Surely something like this isn't a new concept. It's a curiosity.. I guess, similar to how ancestors stick around for many generations.
It wouldn't be impossible, I suppose, moreso if it was in the last 300 years, but overall most religions & most spiritual based practices do not want to interfere with the divine aspect of themselves. Some religions teach to tamper with the soul denies an afterlife, others that souls can be bought & traded in the afterlife depending on level of diminish during life, and most deter from soul tampering because they fear doing so will have some unforeseen repercussion.

However, despite your reincarnation beliefs, a spirit would not have to be bound to your soul in order for them to find you in the next life. If you believe spirits are going to be reincarnated with you then you are putting a lot of faith into the belief that your subsequent life(s) would practice the paranormal and even realize that they have a spirit with them! Or, that you would reincarnate into a human again and not something else (as some reincarnation beliefs mean you could come back as animal, vegetable, or mineral).

Not only that, but with reincarnation you do not have control over who you come back as, and it isn't your soul that reincarnates anyway. You, while parts of you may be with the next incarnation, are NOT the same person you are right now, and the spirits who are with you in this life may not be what is needed in the next. You will never be who you are in this life again.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Spirit Keeping”