Let's Talk Tengu

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

I'm drinking the kool-aid (mostly thanks to Merchendiver & Caramellesweet :silly:) but sadly there are so few topics dedicated to them. So, I wanna know everything. Bring it my opinionated friends!

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I had a little post about them earlier. But I Think they are amazing spirits. but then I am biased. I am finding mine to have so many layers and moods. He is fine with me asking him to keep the phallus roaches out and when I had a little attack from the "Dark side" he was one of the first on the front lines.

I haven't tasked him with helping me too much with any mystical matters, but he is more than capable, and he is fine and slightly amused with my slight crush on him that I have. Plus he is the only spirit i have seen physical manifestations of and has touched me and I felt it physically. The pinch to my butt, actually felt like a real pinch not something that made my arm tingle or an energy surge.

Oh and just so you know...I make GREAT kool-aid.

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

I totally remember the buttpinching! I spend a lot of time in blogland, so I wanted to get this out on the open forum. I know there are several people that have them now (Citrine, too, I think).

~8>X
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Really I didn't know Citrine had one. That is cool!

I know Alycat will have one soon..So I hope she posts also. Oh I agree I hope others that have them will post, so It will be more than just me gushing.

Are you going to go with a custom or is there one in the store. i didn't get a custom. mine was from the store.

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

I have a Tengu on order. Hmmmmm.... kool-aid and butt-pinching? **wonders what I've gotten myself into**... LOL. Sounds interesting, to say the least. Really looking forward to mine's arrival. :D

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Yay! more. I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences with yours. I am excited for you.

Kit
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

hold on ill post my info here very soon!

LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

I could be wrong about Citrine...

Not sure. There is one in the store, but I don't get anything from him so I will probably go custom. I may wait until the Black Friday sale which will give me time to see if a prebound shows up in the store and also build my cart up a little (and I got the loot in my last order, so I can use that then).

Haha Aeryn. Who doesn't like a good butt pinching? I bet that testimonial alone will make them sell out of the store!

Yay, Caramelle!

~8>X
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

Crows are sitting on the edges of the forest....they know the sight of the Tengu will come!

http://www.obakemono.com/obake/konohate ... engu/heres a website if you find your tengu to be confusing! :
http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/t ... p.htmlthis holds a little more history than the other website i give out
they come with love as they know about us humans, they come with the samurai swords and the samurai way as they were those samurai of the highest skill, and they come bearing mischief in their eyes for they are a yokai!!

As the base of folklore of tengu is that they can follow the lead of a lover as a kitsune would - for some say a tengu and kitsune are the same being but in different forms and take on the different powers in order to take a stand within the yokai. So really dont be too weirded out how you may feel about your tengu - there are still many tales of yokai unfolding and many yokai still have tales that need finishing- as even a spirit (even some that involve having a human to be graced by them in many ways).

Really Tengu are the yokai of the mountain forests. They were the ones feared and turned to in times when those were takn by the forest and never seen again. Let it be known that as yokai they were helpful and did their part – but also s pranksters they indeed do acts that may not have benefited everyone. They come in the form of avian – humanoid. The avian ones are more bird goblin like as they hold a human form but more so have all appendages of a bird (bird eyes, beak, feathers all over etc.) while the humanoid ones usually appear as that of a fallen from grace/aptitude monk/priest. They come in full monk garb and have wings. They hold the fans of the winds and with that they would either wreak havoc in what people did on the mountains (mountain winds will blow) and sometimes use this to help the towns and villages – but these winds came with extreme force.
Really it is thought that maybe a tengu was the samurai who knew all ways to weild a katana with skill, and pride as a samurai should – that is why sometimes we see a tengu with monks garb but with also katana raised or in line because they would use this as a weapon in a skilled samurai way (even without taking the guise as a samurai).
Tengu are known to be great in dealing with information – they love knowledge of the realms and the spiritual planes – for that was what they succeded in either ridding of or helping with. Prepare for riddle galore with these fellows by your side, and whats that? he is being snarky to you...well what do you expect? a Tengu will always know better than you!

^take this with lightness as delving into tengu lore is a little tricky…theres exact pages that you can find on tengu BUT its always not for certain as some things switch back and forth from tale to tale.

heres the basics!

LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

Wow, Kit, thanks!!! What about the canine aspect that CH references?

~8>X

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”