Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:14 am My previous username was Noctua, and I helmed the 'Neverland Project'.

The Neverland Project was about connecting with a pre-existing universe which permeated fiction via the tales of Peter Pan & Wendy, Captain Hook, etc.
To this day I believe that is a reality, a parallel domain to ours. To this day I believe that interaction with it in its duality can bring vast development, and exciting experience to anyone who reaches out.

What I want to know here is if anyone is interested in me continuing, expanding upon that via the forum. I can do so. Let me know what you wonder, think, decide, etc.

^^
Oh yes...me too.

Strangely enough, that cropped up in a few ways today.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I probably should have bumped the thread where I originally introduced the project instead. Though it is linked in the initial post of this one, so I'm sure everyone can find it.

If I do get enough interest I have ideas of approaching it a little differently than before, for optimum impact so that everyone gets at least *something* out of it.
I was much younger when I first initiated it, so of course I've learned a lot since then that would help bring meaning and success to the blueprint for anyone stumbling into this.

And the original project called for involvement from those who were somewhat practiced/experienced with astral & energy skills, but this alienates those who want to progress from what they feel is very little-to-no skill, so I think it would no longer be structured for intermediate level but rather including beginners to these areas as well.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I remember coming across this and being very sad that I wasnt around while it was active. I've an extreme intrest in things of this nature!

Quilin
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: daemon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dwarf
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:48 am
And the original project called for involvement from those who were somewhat practiced/experienced with astral & energy skills, but this alienates those who want to progress from what they feel is very little-to-no skill, so I think it would no longer be structured for intermediate level but rather including beginners to these areas as well.
Perhaps it could be layered this time? Two separate but functioning layers which would allow for those with more or less experience to play with things at their own level.

Also it would be a good idea to start a new thread with an overview of what was done last time so those who weren't around for the original project can understand what happened. It also would help those who were there remember while letting them know it's getting going again and not a necro bump.

Perhaps the actual info of last time and this time could be on a neocities page or something? It would make for easier sorting of content with less risk of stuff getting lost in the thread. Just add one quick link in the first post and maybe mention in thread when the site updates. It doesn't even need to be a fancy site, it just needs to hold all the info.

There are no masters; only students who know more or less.

...plus various old friends who enjoy stopping by.
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Quilin wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:17 am
Perhaps it could be layered this time? Two separate but functioning layers which would allow for those with more or less experience to play with things at their own level.

Also it would be a good idea to start a new thread with an overview of what was done last time so those who weren't around for the original project can understand what happened. It also would help those who were there remember while letting them know it's getting going again and not a necro bump.

Perhaps the actual info of last time and this time could be on a neocities page or something? It would make for easier sorting of content with less risk of stuff getting lost in the thread. Just add one quick link in the first post and maybe mention in thread when the site updates. It doesn't even need to be a fancy site, it just needs to hold all the info.
Hi Quilin, thanks for the suggestion. Different levels are certainly possible but will ultimately depend on what is most efficient and what I have the time to do. But I think that a level everyone can access, the way I would make it, would be very beneficial for even more experienced persons - at least that is my ideal.
Part of that ideal would be to reinforce how even the more skilled persons could use a serious reinforcement of their foundation. This would be a whole metaphysical 'system' in essence, and so anyone could try it and learn something new, or have an entirely new angle of capability that was missing for them before.
Whether more experienced or less experienced, there are still little nuances we will constantly be unfurling for ourselves no matter how far we get in the path.

And I agree, a new thread is a must. I just don't feel like putting even a little bit of extra time into it until I am confident there is enough interest, given I am an incredibly busy woman. I'm nearly decided upon it though.
It was a lot of investment from me last time and I didn't feel it went in the direction I wanted it to go, a lot of people around at the time were more interested in roleplaying and it began to become that even if they didn't realize it.. I want to make it nearly impossible for that to happen again. It is going to have fun elements but I'll just die if it goes in that direction again.. Lol.

I don't think I'd make a site and everything just because this isn't such a huge deal of information to need that, at least not in the way I am considering it would be done. I still appreciate your ideas, no matter what I end up doing. If it got to a point where I considered it particularly expansive as an experiment then I may see value in establishing the details this way.
Mostly, nothing was lost last time because it was going at a certain pace that everyone was expected to follow. In this case it is going to be constructed entirely differently so there may not even be much need for the number of updates and instructions I had before.

I've also thought of using different archetypal settings for this project, such as constructing horror-themed, jungle-themed, whatever-the-hell-themed circumstances. There's much more to that conceptualization of extension in my mind but I'm not at a place where it's worth discussing just yet.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Limiting it to the fun part sounds good : )
Making it deep and heavy seems more suitable for private consultation anyway.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Quite true! I would hope for what happens at least via forum to be a more interactive, engaging way of learning and having experiences, and any complex ideas that can come of this are something I'm not too concerned with at this time.

—Oscar Wilde
Quilin
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: daemon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dwarf
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:36 pm Part of that ideal would be to reinforce how even the more skilled persons could use a serious reinforcement of their foundation. This would be a whole metaphysical 'system' in essence, and so anyone could try it and learn something new, or have an entirely new angle of capability that was missing for them before.

I've also thought of using different archetypal settings for this project, such as constructing horror-themed, jungle-themed, whatever-the-hell-themed circumstances. There's much more to that conceptualization of extension in my mind but I'm not at a place where it's worth discussing just yet.
It is perfectly true that even more experienced people need to practice and reinforce the basics sometimes. Try not to overthink the system, though. A system that is too complex becomes unwieldy for all, including the builder. The basics themselves are nuanced and can be complex enough in and of themselves. Water is a great example of this.

It's fun to play with settings. I'm interested to see what you pick! If you need inspiration, try visiting The Dreaming (Lovecraft's Dream Cycle) if you haven't done so already. It already exists from a lot of people reading Lovecraft and taking it pretty seriously. It's very well fleshed out. It even has guides to lead you in, guardians to enforce the "rules", and "gods" to run it. It sticks pretty close to the source material, too.

Anyway, I'll be lurking. Have fun! 8))

There are no masters; only students who know more or less.

...plus various old friends who enjoy stopping by.
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I'm just letting everyone know that I am going to do it.
The Neverland Project persists.
Once I have the time I'll be finalizing my ideas and then shall post them.

If no one involves themselves then I'll know nobody here really cares about advancing their abilities (sorry not sorry but open opportunities for structured advancement are important so take them when you can).

And thanks everyone, for years, for the feedback.

—Oscar Wilde
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:03 am I'm just letting everyone know that I am going to do it.
The Neverland Project persists.
Once I have the time I'll be finalizing my ideas and then shall post them.

If no one involves themselves then I'll know nobody here really cares about advancing their abilities (sorry not sorry but open opportunities for structured advancement are important so take them when you can).

And thanks everyone, for years, for the feedback.
Great to hear this. Looking forward to it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”