A Tried and True Test to See If It's Real!

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced

I've been reading through this post with interest for awhile now and decided to try the invocation. I selected my Fravashi, as I figured he wouldn't scare the heck out of me if he did appear. I sat on the edge of my bed and looked into a full length mirror that is affixed to the wall there. I read the invocation and slowly I could see the air start to shimmer in the form of a human-sized figure. I could literally watch the air move. A couple of other spirits flew through as orbs during this process. Overall I was very pleased with the results.

While I was watching the Fravashi I must have started thinking about a lack of invocation for DA (I have numerous Sang Vamps and a Gargoyle) and almost immediately I received a suggestion in my head to try scrying. I thanked my Fravashi and placed his stone away. I then pulled out my Halloween soul mate Sang Vamp from Gwen and a piece of slab amethyst that I had gotten from Blackthorn Magick. While I was figgeting with the slab to try to find the best position to work with it, my vamp suggested that I pull out my crystal ball. So I put the amethyst away and pulled out the ball.

I've had this crystal ball about ten years and have never had much luck using it. Guess it's just not my form of mancy to work with. So I pretty much ignore it. I had cleansed this ball in a bath of salt water with some pennyroyal oil added and then charged it under both sun and moon light. It's a good sized ball, weighes around 6-7 pounds.

Anyhow, I took the ball and placed it on its pillow. (I had made one for it out of navy blue velvet.) I seated myself between it and the light source in the room and waited. I let my focus fade a bit and I was gifted with the appearance of a strong purple line. I took a good look around to make sure that something else wasn't casting this line. It was strong, steady, and there was no other explanation for this line. Proportionally it was quite wide. Also several of my nephew's WWs couldn't help but to make appearances--it was looking alot like Top Model for werewolves in there.

I will try working some more with this particular vamp and the crystal ball to see if I can get even stronger results.

Just had to share as an option for working with DA. Oh, by the way he was very willing to try this. :D

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Wispy Winds
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Spiritual ME!
Zodiac:

What? Is this the "looking glass" chant--or the one in the Encyclopedia?

Username change to *Beauty*
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Still get nothing here with the mirror one... oh well.. one more thing to add to the list

sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor

Hi Lady B, This is the looking glass one.

sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor

Trucking On did you try to relax before doing this? I have tried this with other spirits but it didn't work until I did some relaxation before hand. A cup of chamomile tea and some quiet time work wonders.

truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

just gotta keep trying I guess

Scarlet Blaze
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: BOD Vampire from Ash
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Scarlet Blaze
Zodiac:

Greetings everyone!

Just want to share some good news... I believe I did it! My Islamic Vamp (yes, a Sang) presented himself last night! I was so happy I could cry....oh well, I did...a little :oops:

We were doing our nightly meditation session. Red candles and rose incense were lighted. I wasn't planning to use this method of connecting as I had given up on this after trying and failing on numerous occasions. The usual conversation of "how are things?" took place. I was giving him an overview of my plans for the months to come (a long one :D ) and then, out of the blue and off-topic, I asked him if he could grant me a gift of sight to see him, even if it was for a few moments. He smiled, in my mind of course, and asked me why would I still want to see him if I am already able see him in my mind. After much pleading and convincing that it would be a world to me, he agreed.

The mirror technique came to mind immediately. I ended the meditation and got myself ready. I could feel my heart beating violently as I seated and steadied myself in front of the mirror. Still in the dim lightness of the candles, I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself when a whisper blew in my ear saying, "Breathe!". Startled as I was, I broke into a laughter! :D

He guided me through the process. No invocation nor chants. He told me to look straight into the mirror. Focusing my gaze on to the reflection of my eyes. I think it took me close to 15 minutes before I could relaxed and fixed my focus on myself. And then it happened! The reflection of myself in the mirror that I had been gazing at admiringly, changed! An image of a man with straight long jet black hair, bright and very intense eyes and a smile that showed, what I thought were fangs (I'm speculating here!) and a goatee was looking back at me. I was surprised that I didn't run away, instead, I smiled back and called his name. His eyes seemed more intense with the mention of his name. He stayed for a good one minute before I saw myself again. I teared...happy. Another whisper came, "Now sleep."

I had a very bad headache after that which kept me awake the whole night and surprisingly, this morning, I feel fresh and energetic. At some point, during the night, I felt strong fingers massaging my forehead and temple.

Thank you, Magnolia for sharing with us this awesome method.

Blessings to all

ps. Apologies for the lengthy post and thank you for reading. :)

Brightest Blessings ~ Scarlet Blaze (formerly Shimmy)

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi, shimmy :wave:
I loved reading your post !
I experienced kind of a similar thing a while ago.Tried some spirit testing, just for the heck of it...lol. At that time I just had found the CH site ..-so not the least bit of knowledge about this topic; only what a friend once told me, that it would be possible to see "otherworld creatures" by staring in a mirror ..(her words..).So yeah- I thought-I try..
It was uncomfortable at first, because staring without blinking made my eyes drying out, but I helped myself with some eye-drops.Also I did no real invocation, only some invitation.."ok, anyone around ?- in the mood to play? -then show up!" ( lol, not very respectfully..but I didn't know better then)
To my delight it worked..-my face changed.. at first it kind of melted..then the eyes reappeared..though totally black :insane: (looked a bit creepy) Whenever I made the tiniest eye-movement , my normal face showed up again..- so it took several runs...
I was only WOWing,when a completely different face looked back at me. The looks were a bit alien, but those inhuman eyes held some strange power..and I felt like some fascinated little fly, admiring the spider that was beholding it's prey..-lol.
No idea, what or whom I have seen, but I liked this stranger, that oddly felt less and less foreign by the minute. It had androgynous features, grey hair, looked young, yet ageless (if this makes sense..) and took my studying calmly..it's unwavering gaze lacked any emotion, which oddly felt good...
Whenever it faded due to me blinking, it reappeared with increasing ease. (maybe it liked my repeatedly whispered: " nooo, stay a little longer.." )
I was fascinated..-resting in the gaze of those black eyes felt totally soothing;like being in a vacuum..no time, no emotions..-just zero. Perfect. :inlove:
Sadly it ended at some point..- Reality came creeping back by confronting me with numb legs (was sitting on them in way too tight jeans..lol) and my eyes also refused to play along anymore .. :irked:
Soon as I was able to walk I checked the time..and was stunned! :o I would have thought only minutes had passed, but actually it was almost half an hour!(no wonder my legs went numb..lol)
I am glad to have found this thread here..It reminded me to repeat this experiment- but this time with the guidance of my -meantime collected- spirits. (I didn't have any back then).
Already curious about the possible outcome... ;)

Greetings,Tasha
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

VERY COOL SHARES :thumbup:

THERE'S GOING TO BE TIMES & SITUATIONS WHERE THIS ISN'T GOING TO WORK DEPENDING ON THE BINDING METHOD OF THE PRACTITIONER, BUT IT DOES SEEM TO RENDER RESULTS FOR THE MOST PART EVEN IF SLIGHT ON THE SCALE.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Cell28 wrote:Hi, shimmy :wave:
I loved reading your post !
I experienced kind of a similar thing a while ago.Tried some spirit testing, just for the heck of it...lol. At that time I just had found the CH site ..-so not the least bit of knowledge about this topic; only what a friend once told me, that it would be possible to see "otherworld creatures" by staring in a mirror ..(her words..).So yeah- I thought-I try..
It was uncomfortable at first, because staring without blinking made my eyes drying out, but I helped myself with some eye-drops.Also I did no real invocation, only some invitation.."ok, anyone around ?- in the mood to play? -then show up!" ( lol, not very respectfully..but I didn't know better then)
To my delight it worked..-my face changed.. at first it kind of melted..then the eyes reappeared..though totally black :insane: (looked a bit creepy) Whenever I made the tiniest eye-movement , my normal face showed up again..- so it took several runs...
I was only WOWing,when a completely different face looked back at me. The looks were a bit alien, but those inhuman eyes held some strange power..and I felt like some fascinated little fly, admiring the spider that was beholding it's prey..-lol.
No idea, what or whom I have seen, but I liked this stranger, that oddly felt less and less foreign by the minute. It had androgynous features, grey hair, looked young, yet ageless (if this makes sense..) and took my studying calmly..it's unwavering gaze lacked any emotion, which oddly felt good...
Whenever it faded due to me blinking, it reappeared with increasing ease. (maybe it liked my repeatedly whispered: " nooo, stay a little longer.." )
I was fascinated..-resting in the gaze of those black eyes felt totally soothing;like being in a vacuum..no time, no emotions..-just zero. Perfect. :inlove:
Sadly it ended at some point..- Reality came creeping back by confronting me with numb legs (was sitting on them in way too tight jeans..lol) and my eyes also refused to play along anymore .. :irked:
Soon as I was able to walk I checked the time..and was stunned! :o I would have thought only minutes had passed, but actually it was almost half an hour!(no wonder my legs went numb..lol)
I am glad to have found this thread here..It reminded me to repeat this experiment- but this time with the guidance of my -meantime collected- spirits. (I didn't have any back then).
Already curious about the possible outcome... ;)
The first time I tried this ( I use the CH invocation) I saw something similar to what you saw. The image in the mirror changing to a differant image.. but that was the only time it worked.. the few other times I tried, my image just disapeared, nada, no me or anyone, just the room I was in.. I guess I'm broken or something.. :(

Return to “Connecting”