Thoughts on Satan/Lilith?

Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

:candlep: For too long, so many lies and so much misinformation have been spread about Satan. Many have seen him, have conversed with him, and have even been astrally touched by him. Nearly all who know him agree concerning his appearance. RHP religions have for far too long, written the book on how they believe him to appear, how they believe Demons to look and these are nothing but blasphemous lies. He is not red with horns and a tail, nor does he look like a Halloween monster. He does not have flaming red eyes or rubbery wings. These depictions are intended to insult, denigrate, and blaspheme him.

Satan is the dark force in nature representing the carnal nature and death of all living things. The vast majority of the Universe is cold, uninhabitable and lifeless. The only part of the Universe that we know contains life is tied to a system of predator-and-prey: the natural world is violent, desperate, bloody and amoral. If there is a god, it is surely evil. Satan, and Satan alone, best represents the harshness of reality. :candlep:

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Very good post :thumbup: I also find Lilith to be a great deity.

About Satan like it was said before it's a title, not a entity. If I'm not wrong it started to be used as a entity when the Satanic church was created in the 60's. But Satan means adversary and does not refer to any being in special.

If refering to Lucifer it's another story all together.If we go back we see that the Lucifer of the bible was probably take from Shaher (Elyon)from the Canaanite myth, he was the son of Sun and represented the morning star and he was very proud. He is cast out because he wanted his father throne.
Lucifer is only mentioned on the bible once in the old testament, book of Isaiah at the twelfth verse. How a latin name is found in a hebrew manuscript? Since it was written before the roman language.

The verse was taken from a older manuscript.
"How hast thou fallen, Helel's son Shaher! Thou didst say in thy heart, I will ascend to heaven, above the circumpolar stars, I will raise my throne, and I will dwell in the back of the north; I will mount on the back of a cloud, I will be unto like Elyon."

Now the one credited to Isaiah.
"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! For thou hast said in thy heart, I will ascend to heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit upon the Mount of Congregation, in the sides of the north, I will ascend to the heights of clouds, I will be like unto most high."

We could go on and on. Lucifer can also be related to many other deities.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

::nice::

Icarus
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Banshee
If I could be anything, I would be...: Watcher
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Icarus Abraxas
Zodiac:

My experience with Satan is a little different than most. In my studies I have come to the conclusion that Satan is more female than male (no slight to the females). For ever positive in the universe there has to be a negative. There has to be balance. To have all male deities is off. This is not negative, as most think when it comes to Satan. Satan does not act in power and vengence like God, God killed his own people just to prove a point. In a sense, Satan seems to care for our liberation from the oppression of God's tyranny, in my mind that is more feminine than masculine which rules by force and power. As a reference, the bible lists no where that Satan has ever killed anyone and the so-called "tempting" is liberated thinking. In the Garden of Eden, God tells the couple not to eat of the tree of good and evil or they will die, Satan tell the woman that they will not die but become like God with the knowledge of good and evil. That's not trickery, that is liberation from ignorance, my friend. Next, in book of job, Satan and God made a bet over Job, that if everything was taken away from him he would deny God. Which Job stayed steadfast. Strange how God would even entertain a wager with Satan, makes you wonder if they are partners in this whole universe. One binds and the other losens. In the temptations of Jesus, Satan wants him to test God and offers him rulership of all the kingdoms of the earth if he worships him. We all know Jesus denys Satan and goes with God. Satan is trying to get us to think for ourselves and ditch the chains that bind us to God. The difference between knowledge (the big WHY?) and ignorance (just do it or else, there is no WHY?). The one killing, banishing, and burning in fire, is God not Satan.

I wrote a short book about my findings, it is on amazon: "The Tablet of Fire". It goes into more detail. Just progressive thought about an ancient idea.

As for Lilith, she was supposedly Adam's first wife before Eve. Somehow she was banished and became the queen succubus out to drain men's souls through sex. Some even claim she is the first vampire. Jewish parents would tell their kids stories about Lilith and use Kabbalistic amulets and such to protect them from Lilith. Must be pretty powerful.

Blessings, Icarus

"God's a kid with an ant farm, lady. He's not planning anything"-Constantine
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Great insight Icarus.
makes you wonder if they are partners in this whole universe
Yes, I wonder this everyday. I often wonder why bother picking sides? The more one picks a side, the more one oppresses the other. In attempts to conquer the monster, one often time becomes the monster. It's all very amuzing.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
EnglishMaster
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Time Manipulator Pro
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Lu Bu
Zodiac:

Lionox wrote:
EnglishMaster wrote:Men are just as awesome a creation as women, with their beauty in their strength and virility. I think a lot of sitcoms and comics take undue license in shamelessly pandering to a male-bashing trope that gets a little tiresome... that's all I'm saying.
EnglishMaster, I'm a Lady and I do agree with you on this point!
Thanks for that, Lionox. :hug: I was beginning to think folks had skipped my tiny tirade. :D

This thread has really shaped up into quite the font of information about these two! I'm really impressed, you guys! Thanks a lot!! :applause: ::hail:: :thankyou:

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

I have an interest in reading more insights so I thought a bump would be good.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

You guys need to watch Supernatural from beginning to end on netflix. Great interpretation. There is a whole conspiracy how lilith tries to free satan and how the angels were like corporate execs pulling the strings to set him free so they could have a show down. In it satan claims he was merely a child that love God too much and was sent to the underworld for not following orders, and how his brother Michael was the over obedient child is the one to fight him to obey dad's rule. So they both need to use Dean and Sam's body to play it out since they were going through the same thing on earth. Classic.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

suga wrote:You guys need to watch Supernatural from beginning to end on netflix. Great interpretation. There is a whole conspiracy how lilith tries to free satan and how the angels were like corporate execs pulling the strings to set him free so they could have a show down. In it satan claims he was merely a child that love God too much and was sent to the underworld for not following orders, and how his brother Michael was the over obedient child is the one to fight him to obey dad's rule. So they both need to use Dean and Sam's body to play it out since they were going through the same thing on earth. Classic.
I agree. Supernatural is close on a lot of things.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
emily
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^^
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampyre!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: don't know yet :P

*Bookmark* this seems like an interesting thread :D

Return to “Dark Arts”