KnowlegeSeeker
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Okay everyone I'm still trying to get used to CH terminology but if I'm correct, entity is a being which is alive in their world while a spirit is a being who has died and lives in the astral realms right? Well, I'm talking about a spirit here, a human who has died and is still around, so please bear with me, I know my confused terminology and bad spelling can be frusterating ::facepalm::

There are many spirits and entities in my house but one of these spirits is of intrest to me. My father died several years ago, about six months after his father. However he never left the house and I can sense him sometimes. One night I remember having a dream about him and his father - which hadn't happened for a while before that - only to remember the next morning that was the anniversity of his death. He also promised, again while i was speaking to him through a dream, to help me with something of monumential importance to me.

Here is what confuses me though. First of all, do human spirits have a lot of power? I wouldn't have thought that they had as much power as entinties like say, jinn, dragons or fae.

The other very intresting thing: in life my father was the worst man I knew, he was a sociopath and he had many mental imbalances and wasn't someone you could reason with. But now, it's like he's being the decent father he was supposed to be when he was alive and no, I don't believe this is just some attempt to decive me, his father seems to be on his side, even though they didn't always get along in life and my grandfather was a lot nicer than he was. In fact, when I first spoke to him after his death, he didn't seem to know what had happened - he was just stunned that no one seemed to be able to see him and that he could see his father until I told him he died in his sleep.

Someone want to explain this all, how can a spirit go from a life of making misery to being a decent person/ghost in the afterlife? Do spirits really have enough power to do things in the physical? And why would he be nice all of a sudden without any ulterior motive? Oh, I am glad he's changed, I'm just really confused by the whole thing.

brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I'm sure someone more experienced can elaborate, but mental imbalances are not emotions; meaning that our emotional states are part of us and partly explain our personalities, but mental imbalances are partially chemical imbalances and thus those disorders, in my opinion, are shed during the dying process. That's my 2cents .

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
Bjorg
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Leda Coral
Zodiac:

brotony101 wrote:I'm sure someone more experienced can elaborate, but mental imbalances are not emotions; meaning that our emotional states are part of us and partly explain our personalities, but mental imbalances are partially chemical imbalances and thus those disorders, in my opinion, are shed during the dying process. That's my 2cents .
It is as brotony stated. Upon death, we shed our mortal bodies and all that is because of them. Mental imbalances are mostly chemical, and due in a majority to the way our own human bodies are wired, the way they work. Hence how medicine can assist with mental imbalances, it triggers different chemical reactions and stops others. This is purely physical and is shed upon death, in which our true selves are showm, our spirit.

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.
Psy Vampire from paternal side; Woodland Fae, Merfolk from maternal lineage.
KnowlegeSeeker
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Ah I see...depressing this couldn't have happened when he was alive.

But as I asked before, can human spirits have any great influence over the physical? I suppose an entity could but can a spirit do this?

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

I believe once someone passes, they a part of the divine light regardless (their soul, not their spirit, big difference here) and thus they lose the things that made them so terribly "human" when they were alive - their pettiness, their flaws, their sociopathic behaviors, etc. Also, combined with what Brotony said is spot-on. My grandpa was also a total a-hole to his kids when he was alive, though a great grandpa, but now that he has passed on, his energy has been nothing but loving and warm when he comes around and I see him in my third eye surrounded by divine light. I believe this is the core essence of my grandpa which was buried underneath his human condition when he was alive.

As for human spirits having some power, one can make an argument that they do have considerable power if one looks at their hold on those of us still living. Also, in the case of departed warlocks and witches that pass on with their magickal knowledge intact, many act as mentors to living practitioners.

KnowlegeSeeker
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

brotony101 wrote:I'm sure someone more experienced can elaborate, but mental imbalances are not emotions; meaning that our emotional states are part of us and partly explain our personalities, but mental imbalances are partially chemical imbalances and thus those disorders, in my opinion, are shed during the dying process. That's my 2cents .
More than possible, and I would guess that this was the best thing. My next question though, is this. I suppose that someone who was evil by choice and not due to chemical or mental imbalance would still be evil in the next life. But I have heard a story about another man who was similar to my father, only he was diagonosed with schrisophenia (I know I spelled that wrong, but he was hearing voices that weren't there and just totally nuts). No one, like police and the courts, makes any serious attempt to stop him so he tries to kidnap his son one day - but when he gets to the house and sees that no one else is home, he takes out a gun (how he got one in his mental state is anyone's guess) and blew his brains out.

But his ghost remained behine and was attached to everyone - his ex-wife, his mother in law, his son and so on. This ghost, however, was not a very nice one and was constantly trying to make their lives miserable and hurt them if he could. Why would a condition that causes chemical imbalances which shed upon death cause him to keep tormenting his family later? Can this sometimes pass beyond death if the man died but never really - I don't know, let himself be at peace? I'm just curious here, please enlighten me!

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

It's a tough one, and you know what, I really don't know! There are benevolent spirits and malicious spirits, I can't explain how two 'bad' humans can go on to be so different and varied in the spirit realm. Sometimes spirits are able to evolve after death, and can overcome the troubles they faced during their human life, thus they become more unconditional in their nature, more giving and loving, they no longer feel trapped, they are liberated. Whilst some are unable to let go and become consumed by the feelings and behaviour they exhibited in their human life. Does that make a little sense?

Your dad sounds a lot like mine you know. It's great that although he was an awful father, he is able to make amends now - better late than never eh? I pray I never bump into mine. I have always feared he would haunt us. I really do not wish for any communciation with him. Like ever. R.I.P.

KnowlegeSeeker
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Tinkerbell wrote:It's a tough one, and you know what, I really don't know! There are benevolent spirits and malicious spirits, I can't explain how two 'bad' humans can go on to be so different and varied in the spirit realm. Sometimes spirits are able to evolve after death, and can overcome the troubles they faced during their human life, thus they become more unconditional in their nature, more giving and loving, they no longer feel trapped, they are liberated. Whilst some are unable to let go and become consumed by the feelings and behaviour they exhibited in their human life. Does that make a little sense?

Your dad sounds a lot like mine you know. It's great that although he was an awful father, he is able to make amends now - better late than never eh? I pray I never bump into mine. I have always feared he would haunt us. I really do not wish for any communciation with him. Like ever. R.I.P.
Yeah, I know what you mean and I would have said the same thing after my dad died. Once my dad did die I was still in the shock of it, I spoke to him as I mentioned before where he seemed to be unaware of having died. Know it sounds kind of nasty but once upon a time I would have said, "Well with my dad gone the world is a better place." But I didn't expect he would change.

I'm not trying to pry - but have you spoken with your dad at all since he died? And if you didn't, you never know, he may have changed. Or he may be around but you're unaware of it. Give it a shot, see if you can speak to him and see if anything is different. Good luck!

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Human spirits, particularly when you're discussing those that would have a personal interest in you (like ancestors), can be incredibly influential. They often have more of an interest in helping with "real world" and "little picture" problems like finances, sex, and personal disputes than some of the more ethereal spirits or immortals. There are many cultures that participate in ancestral worship. I have a small altar of my own, and I take a great deal of comfort from my connection to those that have gone before me. The counsel and assistance that I receive from them is invaluable. Although they prefer to be bribed a bit, they're often more than willing to jump in and offer a hand.

Someone want to explain this all, how can a spirit go from a life of making misery to being a decent person/ghost in the afterlife?

Hmm... there's no clear answer to that, but I can tell you what I personally believe after a lifetime of working with the dead. When we (humans) die there isn't one single thing that happens.

Sometimes the entirety of the persons energy (let's call it the soul) moves on immediately. To make it easier to grasp you can think of this as taking the fast track to Heaven or Hell. You don't pass Go or collect 200 dollars, it's just a straight shot to the next destination. A soul may later choose to check in on those they loved while alive or descendants, but they're just there for a visit, they don't set up a haunt.

Sometimes the soul leaves, but there are leftover energies from intense emotions or traumatic events. These leftover energies are trapped to repeat the loop, like a badly scratched record. (does anyone else remember vinyl?) There's no "person" there, it's basically the psychic version of a short film. These can be dispelled or dispersed, and many practitioners or mediums consider it their duty to release energies of torment or trauma. A benign example of this could be a silent smiling bridal figure that appears in a garden gazebo on full moon nights in spring.

Sometimes the soul seems to... separate, filtering out the good or the bad and leaving something else behind that doesn't resemble the more balanced living person. Instead what is left behind on the earth is a sort of... revenant... an incomplete. These "ghosts" can be tough customers, often claiming to be demons, like all the nastiness of the human stayed on earth and everything else moved on. They might also just be sad or confused, the only thing that lingers is the fear of moving on, everything else has already passed into that which is beyond. I've seen this especially in older ghosts (over 200 years).

But how can a person who was an *ss hole in life turn into a decent person after death? Sometimes the soul sheds that disordered behavior, instead it's the love that continues on, sort of like getting only the best parts of a person. Quite frankly death can be one heck of a wake up call, and ghosts don't have much to do other than examine how they lived their lives and effected others. However I would counsel you to caution, just because a person is dead doesn't automatically make them any better or more honest than they were in life. Even the deceased can have ulterior motives.

If he has shed his ugliness and is able to be for you what he wasn't while alive then consider it a blessing and an opportunity for both of you to heal.

I personally would not want my father hanging around my house after death. He's a nasty man alive, and I don't care how befuddled or sweet he might behave after death, I wouldn't allow him to spend his afterlife here.

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

Nope, haven't chatted to him, and to be honest wouldn't ever want to contact him. Perhaps that's harsh but he was not a very nice man. Like at all. Communciation may open a door that is best left closed.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”